Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 398789 times)
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1185 on: November 05, 2011, 05:57AM »

Kyle Busch INTENTIONALLY wrecked Ron Hornaday in the Nascar truck race, ending Hornaday`s quest for a 5th championship. Nascar met with Busch after the race and penalties will be handed out today. Hope they park him for the whole weekend. Hornaday said if Nascar doesn`t do something, he`ll be at Busch`s house Monday morning.... Grin Grin Grin Grin

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
greenfire6
« Reply #1186 on: November 05, 2011, 10:07AM »

Kyle Busch INTENTIONALLY wrecked Ron Hornaday...

This is the kind of behavior that keeps NASCAR out of my wallet.

Motorcycle racers never "intentionally" wreck each other. Although there is an acceptable manuver in Supercross and Motocross racing called a block pass that sometimes gets brutal!  Shocked Grin
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1187 on: November 05, 2011, 01:09PM »

Kyle Busch is sitting out the rest of the weekend...no Nationwide race or Cup race on Sun.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
greenfire6
« Reply #1188 on: November 05, 2011, 11:09PM »

Kyle Busch is sitting out the rest of the weekend...no Nationwide race or Cup race on Sun.

Perhaps mo' better if M&Ms were to take their cubic dollars elsewhere?

Never mind... Just thinking out loud. Smiley

What I do gather is Joe Gibbs is not a happy camper.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:31AM by greenfire6 » Logged
greenfire6
« Reply #1189 on: November 05, 2011, 11:17PM »

Speaking of Joe Gibbs I suppose, by now, everyone knows that Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has signed Floridian, James "Bubba" Stewert to a 3 year deal for both the AMA/FIM Supercross and AMA Motocross Series.

http://joegibbsracing.com/

http://js7.com/news/

Of course, Yamaha will still be the racing machine.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1190 on: November 06, 2011, 06:08AM »

Rumers are circulating that Joe Gibbs might make a change in order to KEEP the M &M`s sponsership.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
greenfire6
« Reply #1191 on: November 06, 2011, 11:42AM »

...“I take full responsibility for it,” he (Gibbs) said. “What we are going to try to do now, [the] other things that have happened in the past, we’ve tried to handle those things the right way, tried to make the right decisions and certainly that’s what we’re going to try to do with this.”...

Full article here: http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Joe_Gibbs_takes_responsibility_agrees_with_NASCAR_suspension_of_Kyle_Busch.html
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1192 on: November 06, 2011, 02:08PM »

The Mars candy co. is NOT at all pleased. David Reutemann is looking for work Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
greenfire6
« Reply #1193 on: November 06, 2011, 08:42PM »

The Mars candy co. is NOT at all pleased.

What does a NASCAR hood co$t these days per race? A local entrepreneur I know looked into this a few years ago and told me it was three quarters of a million dollars. I think that was for a second string car.

I agree with Mars.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1194 on: November 07, 2011, 06:35AM »

I wouldn`t be surprised...hoods are often  only SECONDARY sponsors, quarterpanels are primary in most cases.56% of Nascar fans think Busch should get replaced...the ultimate decision rests with Mars rather than Joe Gibbs.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1195 on: November 07, 2011, 07:41AM »

Racing is racing. But what happened with Kyle Busch showed a compleate lack of maturity in the situation. Not only he jumped to the conclusion Hornaday tried to run him up the track "in the video Hornaday got loose passing a slower truck."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDBd0CLjOwc

But he completly through a fit worthy of online videogame racing and took Hornaday and himself out. In my opinion Kyle got what he deserved.

It's funny how a lot of fans are blasting Nascar for their decision, mostly because of the lack of punishments for rough driving back in the day, particularly Dale Earnhardt. Now that is a touchy subject to say the least. But in my opinion what Dale did back in the day is completely different then what Kyle pulled. For one Dale never spun people out within the first 15 laps of a race, He'd wait until it mattered. Second, he never spun anyone under caution.

I think to calling the actions of Nascar bias to legends like Dale is completely wrong and show how little some people know about racing...

Nascar fans think Busch should get replaced...the ultimate decision rests with Mars rather than Joe Gibbs.
I highly doubt Kyle will loose his ride. Tony Stewart and Kevin Harvick have been in situations like this where actions at the track has called for their removal from their rides. Unfortunately in todays economy it doesn't make financial sense to fire him from Gibbs point of view. to  he's a draw in the Nascar business and with that brings sponsors and money and that makes the the racing world go round these days.

But if Kyle doesn't learn from his mistakes and conduct himself in a professional manner. Then it could lead to him on the outside looking in, in the Nascar world.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:46AM by JRRacing64 » Logged
greenfire6
« Reply #1196 on: November 07, 2011, 09:36PM »

JRRacing64 knows waaaay more about NASCAR than me. I agree with Jeff, respectfully, with the following two caveats:

1. Racing isn't racing under yellow caution flags, lights and spotter chatter.

2. This is a golden opportunity for Mars to make a statement inside NASCAR, incidental, to their higher interest of protecting their brand. Sadly, I agree; that may not happen.

As a motorsports fan, who has never been able to warm up to NASCAR racing, I'm on the outside looking in. Probably in the minority, I fail to have interest in all the crashing and cautions. Green flag racing is what I dig and pit stops under green are the best.

It seems to me that NASCAR let the rank horse out of the barn with "have at it boys". If  NASCAR wants to start turning that horse back toward the barn, this would be a perfect place to start.

It is within NASCAR's power and could make more of us future fans.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:11PM by greenfire6 » Logged
greenfire6
« Reply #1197 on: November 07, 2011, 11:21PM »

On a much happier note, himself and herself American Motorcyclists Association Pro motorcycle road racers, Josh Hayes and Melissa Paris got F16 rides. From early 2010 this isn’t new but it’s cool because the couple each got their own jet and went ballistic at the same time.  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaPvbjsL9WM

The “prime time” part starts at 3:40 minutes. BTW nither Josh or Melissa ate their breakfast again.  Grin

What a pair!  Wink
JRRacing64
« Reply #1198 on: November 10, 2011, 11:03PM »

Seems there is more fallout from Kyle's incident in the truck race. M&M's put a statement out they will not sponsor the 18 car in the final 2 races of 2011. They will return to Kyle and the #18 at the beginning of 2012. Interstate Batteries will be sponsoring Kyle for Phoenix and Homestead. Zeline designs (Kyle's Nationwide Sponsor) has asked Denny Hamlin to fill in for Kyle for their remaining races of 2011.

All I can say is...WOW! I think this is gonna be a wake up call to Kyle as it pertains to his maturity in and out of the race car. This isn't a pickup race on an NR2003 server, this is the big leagues. You can not throw a hissy fit when little things don't go your way. I got to applaud the Mars group and Zelines on their actions to not sponsor his car. It will hopefully show him the ramifications of his actions if he chooses to "lose it" again on the track.
greenfire6
« Reply #1199 on: November 11, 2011, 12:10AM »

Thanks for the WOW! news Jeff.

The correct decisions are always the most difficult. I applaud the decision makers courage in placing right above dollars. I don't pretend to know, but there is probably loads more positive stuff going down in private.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: