Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 401661 times)
JRRacing64
« Reply #1200 on: November 12, 2011, 08:40AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o09wfs-NKXw

Kyle's press conference at Phoenix to address the incident last week.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1201 on: November 12, 2011, 08:55AM »

Kyle Busch is the "Eddie Haskell" of Nascar...."I`m sorry for everything...that`s a lovely dress you`re wearing Mrs. Cleaver"

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
greenfire6
« Reply #1202 on: November 15, 2011, 01:38PM »

Great parady Kevin!  Cheesy

(groan Tongue) Some of us are even old enough to understand it! LOL!  Roll Eyes
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1203 on: November 15, 2011, 02:10PM »

Grin Grin Grin  true enough...."my, you`re looking lovely today Mrs. Cleaver.....hey squirt, what`s up?  ***snicker..snicker  in Eddie Haskell`s patented laughter.***Kurt was much the same...now he has to be careful his false smile doesn`t crack his face.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
celticgirlakp

« Reply #1204 on: November 16, 2011, 09:29AM »

Well I am excited for the last race of the season because this is going to be close between the two. I kind of hope that Tony pulls it out and wins but I will be happy with either winner.
I am also sad about it because well that means for 3 months there will be no NASCAR on TV for me to watch. But Christmas will distract me from that fact. So I will survive!
JRRacing64
« Reply #1205 on: November 16, 2011, 01:58PM »

Kyle Busch is the "Eddie Haskell" of Nascar...."I`m sorry for everything...that`s a lovely dress you`re wearing Mrs. Cleaver"

Haha! You summed it up quite nicely there Kevin!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1206 on: November 16, 2011, 06:07PM »

I hope Tony wins.  I don't care for Carl.
greenfire6
« Reply #1207 on: November 16, 2011, 09:00PM »

I got interested in JRRacing64's latest creation; the Celtic Woman Believe Ferrari 550 Maranello.

The 4 valves per cylinder are actuated by twin overhead cams per bank. The 5,473.91 cubic centimeter V12 is mounted longitudinally in front (i.e. sideways and not midship). Rated at 485 horsepower and 320 km/per hour. The car is a two seater.

I was thinking the valves actuation may be variable electronic but the car came out in 1996 which might be a little early for that system in a production car.

...Launched to the press at the Nürburgring in 1996, the 550 Maranello was Ferrari's answer to those who believed the performance of a front-engined V12 car could not beat that of a mid-engined sports car...

Here's the full low down: http://www.ferrari.com/English/GT_Sport%20Cars/Classiche/All_Models/Pages/550_Maranello.aspx

Edit: I got my terms mixed up. Obviously sideways would be transverse.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:47PM by greenfire6 » Logged
JRRacing64
« Reply #1208 on: November 17, 2011, 09:37AM »

I got interested in JRRacing64's latest creation; the Celtic Woman Believe Ferrari 550 Maranello.

The 4 valves per cylinder are actuated by twin overhead cams per bank. The 5,473.91 cubic centimeter V12 is mounted longitudinally in front (i.e. sideways and not midship). Rated at 485 horsepower and 320 km/per hour. The car is a two seater.

I was thinking the valves actuation may be variable electronic but the car came out in 1996 which might be a little early for that system in a production car.

...Launched to the press at the Nürburgring in 1996, the 550 Maranello was Ferrari's answer to those who believed the performance of a front-engined V12 car could not beat that of a mid-engined sports car...

Here's the full low down: http://www.ferrari.com/English/GT_Sport%20Cars/Classiche/All_Models/Pages/550_Maranello.aspx

Haha, I see the Ferrari bug is contagious,lol.

I found it even more interesting, that the race model was fully developed as a privateer venture. No factory support for the F550 was given to the teams during it's time in racing. Though Ferrari eventually would adapt the later sister car, the 575M for racing and offer it as a customer car for privateers.  One of the main developers of the racing version, Prodrive  would go on to Develope the famous Aston Martin DBR-9 GT car (Lisa's favorite car) Wink

The car also one the 2003 and 2004 FIA GT championship with the BMS Scuderia Italia team and a GTS class win at Le Man with Prodrive that year.

To this day the car the surviving race models are still in use in various leagues around the world.
greenfire6
« Reply #1209 on: November 17, 2011, 06:53PM »

I needed to edit my reply. I got Iongitudinal mixed up with transverse.  Embarrassed  I should have known better 'cause when I wrote it wrong I was thinking, "wow this car must have a really strange drive train!"  Smiley
JRRacing64
« Reply #1210 on: November 20, 2011, 06:38PM »

It's becoming a nail bitter at Homestead. Stewart's 2 laps to the good.  Edwards is not getting the same fuel mileage as Tony It's gonna be interesting when they go green. Rain GO AWAY!!!!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1211 on: November 20, 2011, 07:13PM »

Tony Stewart beats Carl Edwards by about 1 second to win the race and the 2011 Sprint Cup Championship.  Good!
JRRacing64
« Reply #1212 on: November 20, 2011, 07:47PM »

Alright Tony Stewart!! Good to see a Chevy win it. Gotta hand it to Carl, He gave it all he had and even though he lost he still was the first to Tony's car to congratulate him. A class act in my book.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1213 on: November 20, 2011, 08:12PM »

Gotta say this season's been one of the best in about 7 or 8 years. We have had a record number of first time winners this year. Starting in the Daytona 500 with Trevor Bayne to Darlington with Regan Smith then over the summer with Marcos Ambrose at Watkins Glen, David Ragan in the Firecracker 400 and Paul Menard in Indy.

We has some unbelievable finish this year. Like at the spring Talladega race with the top 8 cars finish with in a hundredth of a second of each other and Jeff Gordon having that epic Battle at Atlanta and winning his 85th race. (which by the way that race took place the same day as the "Believe" taping)  Grin Roll Eyes

Then to end the season by having the championship decided between two best drivers in Nascar racing and have it come down to who wins the race.

No complaints from me about this season. I've been more then satisfied! Now comes the long wait until February when we do it all over again.

Off to watch some football!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1214 on: November 21, 2011, 06:20AM »

Homestead was the best race of the season.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: