Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which CW girl is your favorite  (Read 71344 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 06:44PM »

Yea!!! Lisa is Ahead!!!

ok..took me like.... 0.002 secs to vote. Grin

But I love them ALL!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 06:48PM by MelWood23 » Logged

<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 06:47PM »

MEAV!! <33

<3 Lauren

<3
fireyred09
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 06:55PM »

I think mine and Lauren's votes for Méav should count twice. Or three times  Cheesy
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 06:56PM »

I agree Katie!! lol!!

<3 Lauren

<3
Molly Gilroy

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 08:31PM »

Chloe is my favorite..lol im new!!

mollsxx

Banner by Scott

In old wicklow county
born and raised
in the mountains
where i spent most of my days
chillin out max and relaxing all cool
riding our horsies home from school
- Wickie and I FPOB
Mierna

OH YEAH!

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 08:56PM »

As much as I love them all, I like Orla the best. Her voice sounds so elegant of the girls, and hearing "Shooting Star" again and again is a wonderful treasure.  Cheesy

This wonderful banner was made by Siobhan!
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 09:59PM »

I strongly resist using the word 'favorite' here because they are all great! I do, however, feel a somewhat closer connection to 3 of the ladies as follows:

Hayley - Flags said a lot of true stuff about her already, so I wont repeat. Something about her voice; frequency, modulation, oscillation, pitch, tone, I dont know what it is, but it goes straight into the happy part of my brain. Plus she can make any song sound great, whether its opera, religious, traditional, pop, heck I bet she could even make country, polka, or even rap sound great. She also can solo and fit right in with a group. I know the others also solo, but I dont think they have had the same success as Hayley, at least not yet. I think its somewhat rare that a musician do as well as Hayley as a solo artist and as a group member at the same time. It seems once they have such solo success, they want all the attention and to be the star. Hayley seems to be a team player though.

Mairead - You just dont see many little blonde fiddlers who jump around and have the energy she does. She creates excitement, which is a great compliment to the sometimes relaxing effect of the vocalist music. So again we have someone who sort of stands out as an individual, but also fits in with the group too. A great chemistry / effect.

Meav - She has a law degree. Only one other musician has a law degree, and I cant remember his name now.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
rodzilla

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 10:05PM »

CashEsq:  I pretty much agree with everything you just said...

There is something about Hayley's voice that is enticing.

I used to play the violin and just me imagining trying to do the stuff Mairead does gives me a headache.

Well, as for Meav, I am thinking of going to law school and had several friends graduate from law school...it truly messes with your mind!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:26PM by rodzilla » Logged

"Nil Se'n La"--Seize the Day!
JByrd

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 10:37PM »

Well, about 15 years ago I wrote a song about a girl named Lisa, and that was about 14 years before I knew that our Lisa existed. So I tend to think that was God telling me that He was sending us one of His angels down to earth, and her name was Lisa. So, well, I'm kind of finding it hard to actually pick which one of these Celtic angels He sent to brighten my life, well if I had to pick just one, it would have to be, ummmm
LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**tap**tap**tap**

[silence]  **waiting**  [/silence]

Ok, Anderpaw.....you gonna' share that song wid'us, or you just gonna' leave us 'hangin?

John

jsharp

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 11:05PM »

We all know how Rich will vote when he gets back. I'm a smidge biased but he's a whole TAD!

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 06:18AM »

I strongly resist using the word 'favorite' here because they are all great! I do, however, feel a somewhat closer connection to 3 of the ladies as follows:

Hayley - Flags said a lot of true stuff about her already, so I wont repeat. Something about her voice; frequency, modulation, oscillation, pitch, tone, I dont know what it is, but it goes straight into the happy part of my brain. Plus she can make any song sound great, whether its opera, religious, traditional, pop, heck I bet she could even make country, polka, or even rap sound great. She also can solo and fit right in with a group. I know the others also solo, but I dont think they have had the same success as Hayley, at least not yet. I think its somewhat rare that a musician do as well as Hayley as a solo artist and as a group member at the same time. It seems once they have such solo success, they want all the attention and to be the star. Hayley seems to be a team player though.

Mairead - You just dont see many little blonde fiddlers who jump around and have the energy she does. She creates excitement, which is a great compliment to the sometimes relaxing effect of the vocalist music. So again we have someone who sort of stands out as an individual, but also fits in with the group too. A great chemistry / effect.

Meav - She has a law degree. Only one other musician has a law degree, and I cant remember his name now.

Well said.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 06:25AM »

I voted for Mairead, primarily because she seemed to be lagging behind the other ladies. That's just plain unnatural, that is! Grin

flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 06:35AM »

I wonder who would win if the poll was put out there on the internet?

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 06:38AM »

First off, you'd have to find a good place to put it (say on the official website). Then, you'd have to guess at how many people, out of all who saw it, would actually vote. And...yeah, there's going to be a lot of guessing involved, unless we actually get it on the official site, which,I regret to say, I don't really see happening. Undecided
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:14PM by Mr. Humphries » Logged

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 06:43AM »

OKAY I VOTED!

and I voted  Mairead because she is the one that does not sing and she is unique in her own special way! Cause I don't know any other fiddlers who can run, jump,spin, and tear thier calf and not miss a beat and keep playing! But I love Lisa, Chloe, Meav, Orla, and Hayley equally!

And of course I love all of the backup singers, the muscians, Nciky & Ray and DAVID!

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO WORK BEHIND THE SCENES WITH CW! YOU ALL ARE JUST AMAZING THE LONG HOURS YOU WORK!

Thanks Lindsey
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: