Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Dream CW Special  (Read 10180 times)
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 08:11PM »

I would like to see Orla, Hayley and Meav come back.

Don't forget Deirdre!
Oh hey! Yeah! Oooh...
I just got shivers up my spine. The special would have to be something 3 hours, or 4 just to have them all in it...
3-4? Try 5-6! Grin

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
raven_christina
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 08:45PM »

But then wouldn't that be awesome?
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 11:01PM »

MY DREAM concert would HAVE to include ALL original ladies, Meav, Orla, Lisa, Chloe, Mairead, then any others who care to be a part of it - Lynn, Alex are fabulous.  I would want The High Kings to be included, and Celtic Thunder - BUT no skimping to fit into the time schedule - this would have to be a LONG concert, because we need a FULL concert by each of the groups!  It would take place at a fabulous venue in Ireland - and I would have the money to fly there to atttend - and a fabulous, outfit to wear, and 30 lbs off to boot!  I woiuld have front row seats for my husband, each of my children, and grandchildren over 6 years old, and of course myself.  Then to cap it all off - meet&greet tickets, so that I could see each of my special loves UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL - I would love to give a hug to Orla, Lisa, Chloe, Mairead - Kieth Harkin, Ryan, George, Paul, and Damian,  AND  Ray Fean and David Downes!   If this magical night could occur, I couild then,  DIE IN PEACE.      Grin

raven_christina
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 11:07PM »

MY DREAM concert would HAVE to include ALL original ladies, Meav, Orla, Lisa, Chloe, Mairead, then any others who care to be a part of it - Lynn, Alex are fabulous.  I would want The High Kings to be included, and Celtic Thunder - BUT no skimping to fit into the time schedule - this would have to be a LONG concert, because we need a FULL concert by each of the groups!  It would take place at a fabulous venue in Ireland - and I would have the money to fly there to atttend - and a fabulous, outfit to wear, and 30 lbs off to boot!  I woiuld have front row seats for my husband, each of my children, and grandchildren over 6 years old, and of course myself.  Then to cap it all off - meet&greet tickets, so that I could see each of my special loves UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL - I would love to give a hug to Orla, Lisa, Chloe, Mairead - Kieth Harkin, Ryan, George, Paul, and Damian,  AND  Ray Fean and David Downes!   If this magical night could occur, I couild then,  DIE IN PEACE.      Grin
I like this idea. A lot.
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 09:27AM »

I say they do like Chloe did in Walking in the Air ( I know this has been said before). They shoot it in Ireland but in more romantic locations and more Celtic-like costumes.
Here are the locations that Chris (the one who started this thread) has found.
Mo Ghile Mear - http://www.irishviews.com/blarney-castle9.jpg
Newgrange - (dur dur dur, let me think, lol) http://www.knowth.com/aerial/newgrange-aerial.jpg
Orinoco Flow - http://www.mcn.org/b/IrishBeach/images/irishbeach.jpg
Spanish Lady - http://wcneighbors.org/cities/DublinCity.jpg
Christmas Pipes - http://www.tippfellowship.org/pics/tipp2.jpg
And here are two I found.
The Voice- http://www.irishviews.com/armagh-cathedral-ireland.jpg
At the Celli- http://www.thewestindublin.com/assets/u/brazenhead.jpg

Anyone have anymore locations?

The Quiet Man

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 09:00PM »

Well, my thought would be to break it up into suites of different themes, something like this:

The Mystic Irish

Newgrange (Alex)
The Water is Wide (Lynn)
Caledonia (Lisa)
Cliffs of Dooneen (Chloe)
Carrickfergus (Lynn)

The Irish and the World

Scarborough Fair (Lynn)
Dulaman (Meav)
Beautiful City of Sligo (Chloe)
When the Boat Comes In (Alex)
Belfast Hornpipe (Mairead)
Dublin can be Heaven (duet)
Song For Ireland (all)
Galway Bay (Lisa)
A Little Bit of Heaven (all)

The Irish at War

The Minstrel Boy (Lynn)
The Foggy Dew (Meav)
The West’s Awake (Lisa)
Green Fields of France (Chloe)
Grace (Alex)
Boolavogue (All)
Men of the West (all)

Irish Faith

St. Patrick’s Prayer (Lisa)
The Prayer (Chloe)
Be Thou My Vision (Orlagh  with harp)
The Blessing (Alex)
Hail, Glorious St. Patrick (all)

Celebration

Haste to the Wedding (Mairead)
Honeysuckle Medley (Mairead)
Mairi’s Wedding (All)
Wild Mountain Thyme (All)
Phil the Fluter’s Ball (ensemble)
+the usual openers and closers (Sky and the Dawn and the Sun, Mo Ghile Mear, etc.)

I'm not sure of the order yet.  Perhaps they could be connected with narration or something like that.  Of course the ladies would all have to  have new costumes (white for the faith part, green for the stereotypically Irish stuff, and breaking into multiple colors at the end).  I was thinking Malahide Castle as the venue, complete with a large screen to show images appropriate to the songs, and room to picnic afterward if the weather cooperated.   
raven_christina
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 11:38PM »

Well, my thought would be to break it up into suites of different themes, something like this:

The Mystic Irish

Newgrange (Alex)
The Water is Wide (Lynn)
Caledonia (Lisa)
Cliffs of Dooneen (Chloe)
Carrickfergus (Lynn)

The Irish and the World

Scarborough Fair (Lynn)
Dulaman (Meav)
Beautiful City of Sligo (Chloe)
When the Boat Comes In (Alex)
Belfast Hornpipe (Mairead)
Dublin can be Heaven (duet)
Song For Ireland (all)
Galway Bay (Lisa)
A Little Bit of Heaven (all)

The Irish at War

The Minstrel Boy (Lynn)
The Foggy Dew (Meav)
The West’s Awake (Lisa)
Green Fields of France (Chloe)
Grace (Alex)
Boolavogue (All)
Men of the West (all)

Irish Faith

St. Patrick’s Prayer (Lisa)
The Prayer (Chloe)
Be Thou My Vision (Orlagh  with harp)
The Blessing (Alex)
Hail, Glorious St. Patrick (all)

Celebration

Haste to the Wedding (Mairead)
Honeysuckle Medley (Mairead)
Mairi’s Wedding (All)
Wild Mountain Thyme (All)
Phil the Fluter’s Ball (ensemble)
+the usual openers and closers (Sky and the Dawn and the Sun, Mo Ghile Mear, etc.)

I'm not sure of the order yet.  Perhaps they could be connected with narration or something like that.  Of course the ladies would all have to  have new costumes (white for the faith part, green for the stereotypically Irish stuff, and breaking into multiple colors at the end).  I was thinking Malahide Castle as the venue, complete with a large screen to show images appropriate to the songs, and room to picnic afterward if the weather cooperated.   

I really, really like this idea. I vote for QM's dream special! Now, if we could just start buttering David up (lol). Oh, you forgot "Siul A Run" in there somewhere...
bj1111purple

My heart has wings to fly...

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 02:23PM »

Well, I'm a new forum member, altho I've been a huge CW fan from the beginning.  My problem is just that I had never been on a forum before, so I'm having to learn how to navigate it!  I saw this topic and just HAD to reply... MY dream CW special would have to be where I get a job working with the tour in some way, traveling around with them and being part of the CW family.  Then every CW special would be a dream come true for me!

"Yes, my heart has found a new rhythm, a smile in my soul is anew... and it's because of you, Celtic Woman - thanks for all of the joy that is you!" (The Music of Celtic Woman - Beverly Krebs)
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 02:42PM »

Well, I'm a new forum member, altho I've been a huge CW fan from the beginning.  My problem is just that I had never been on a forum before, so I'm having to learn how to navigate it!  I saw this topic and just HAD to reply... MY dream CW special would have to be where I get a job working with the tour in some way, traveling around with them and being part of the CW family.  Then every CW special would be a dream come true for me!

I think there 1,171 other forum members who would like that dream job too! LOL

Welcome to our forum and hope you stop by often! Smiley

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
raven_christina
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 02:48PM »

Welcome. Hope you stick around! Smiley
bj1111purple

My heart has wings to fly...

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 01:01PM »

Thank you Susan G. and Chris for the warm welcome!  I will definitely be sticking around forever, now that I have found this forum! I'm only sad that I have missed several years not even knowing about it!  It is really hard to have this special love for CW that no one outside of their most devoted fans understand - it's like suffering in silence - you know what I mean - not that I am saying loving CW is suffering - it is just hard not to have anyone to talk to about it.  My husband likes them ok, but doesn't have "the fever" like I do.  But, bless him, he puts up with me and is such a wonderful man that last year, he bought me one ticket to their concert in Greensboro and drove me there (several hours away) and then went and had coffee at a local coffee house until the show was over.  We didn't have much money, and so he didn't get himself a ticket.  It was my Valentine's present that year.  I kept telling him to forget candy, flowers or even jewelry - CW tickets are permanently on the top of my wish list!!!! By the way - it was funny - after the concert I kept wondering if the coffee house was somewhere that CW would end up going to!  It wasn't a Starbucks, so I'm not sure! Ha! It's great talking to you guys! Again, thanks for the warm welcome, and I know I'll be talking to you lots in the future. (oh, as far as the thousand + fans who would like to tour with CW.... I have no doubt that each and every one of us has that dream... wonder how many more buses they would have to get?!)  Take care!  Bev.

"Yes, my heart has found a new rhythm, a smile in my soul is anew... and it's because of you, Celtic Woman - thanks for all of the joy that is you!" (The Music of Celtic Woman - Beverly Krebs)
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 02:09PM »

I vote for QM's dream special
I second that!
Now, if we could just start buttering David up (lol)
Indeed. We send dozens of letters and maybe he'll get the idea.   Smiley Wink

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: