Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disney songs...Celtic Woman style  (Read 44532 times)
raven_christina
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 09:04PM »

This isn't a Disney song but I would love for two of them to do "For Good" from the Wicked soundtrack. It is the most beautiful song and it has an amazing message. I get chills everytime I hear it and I can only imagine how incredible it would be if they sang it. It would be amazing if Lisa and Helen could do it since they're sisters. How that would be amazing!
Oh.
My.
God.
LISA SINGING "DEFYING GRAVITY"!!!!!!
-faints-
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 11:18PM »

so many good songs have already been picked.
Lisa: "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas
Meav: "Belle's Song" from Beauty and the Beast or "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty
Chloe: "Someday My Prince Will Come" from Snow White
I've never really had the opportunity to hear Alex or Lynn but I also think one of them could do "I Won't Say I'm in Love" from Hercules or "Just Around the Riverbend" from Pocahontas

Those are all wonderful!

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
Lotte
Total Fanatic

We don't need sleep to be dreamers.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 11:07AM »

I'd love to hear them singing The Lion King Cheesy
Who'd do the chanting/belting at the beginning?? Wink

http://www.gustavoguimaraes.com.br/arquivo/images/papelbolha.swf
Kudos to Isolda for this! Grin

Rich, thanks for the lovely pic Grin
raven_christina
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 11:21AM »

I'd love to hear them singing The Lion King Cheesy
Who'd do the chanting/belting at the beginning?? Wink
The choir? Probably mostly the boys.
The Quiet Man

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 11:43AM »

Well, maybe they can do a one-night-only thing at the Magic Kingdom where they salute the music of Disney and do all of this material.  We're a little thin on Mairead material, though.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 12:15PM »

Don't forget "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from Mary Poppins! I think Chloe, Lynn and Alex can perform it. Wink Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
raven_christina
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 01:15PM »

Well, maybe they can do a one-night-only thing at the Magic Kingdom where they salute the music of Disney and do all of this material.  We're a little thin on Mairead material, though.
Hmm. I'll have to think about that one.
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 02:09PM »

Hmm, you do have a point there.
Although I think she could play something from the Tinker Bell movie.

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 06:00PM »

you know at the beginning of the Circle of Life, Mairead could play the chanting part on her fiddle and then the choir could join in. It sounds really cool in my head!

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
raven_christina
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 08:42PM »

you know at the beginning of the Circle of Life, Mairead could play the chanting part on her fiddle and then the choir could join in. It sounds really cool in my head!
...don't tell me. You head has surround sound too? and every now and then remembers you like other music besides CW? :lol:
Lotte
Total Fanatic

We don't need sleep to be dreamers.

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 01:08AM »

So many jokes, so little time Wink
Like the idea Cheesy And she could also do loads of stuff in between the songs, Disney songs tend to be very heroic and have a little break in the middle where the singer climbs on something Wink

http://www.gustavoguimaraes.com.br/arquivo/images/papelbolha.swf
Kudos to Isolda for this! Grin

Rich, thanks for the lovely pic Grin
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 09:17AM »

So many jokes, so little time Wink
Like the idea Cheesy And she could also do loads of stuff in between the songs, Disney songs tend to be very heroic and have a little break in the middle where the singer climbs on something Wink
Oh, yeah, that's right!

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 12:13PM »

...don't tell me. You head has surround sound too? and every now and then remembers you like other music besides CW? :lol:

lol Cheesy yep sometimes I think my siblings wished that I played something else in the car too! These are all great ideas and good points!

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
The Quiet Man

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 06:37PM »

Coming back to topic, Mairead could play some of the dance or waltz music from some of the early movies, like when Aurora and Cinderella dance with their princes, and she could certainly twirl around the stage as she did so.  Lisa could probably also do "Baby Mine" from Dumbo. 

The finale could be an arrangement of "You Can Fly!" from Peter Pan, which is a great uplifting song about the power of imagination, and that's what Disney's all about...

When there's a smile  ;Din your heart,
There's no better time to start,
Think of all the joy you'll find, when you leave the world behind,
And bid your cares goodbyyyyyye....
You can fly!  You can fly! You can flyyyyyyyy!

2B0B

You are in my heart, I'll see you in my dreams.

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 07:15PM »

Or Mairead could play most of the classical music from Fantasia. And some of the early stuff must include Sleeping Beauty with the fairy godmothers singing in three part harmony.

Please, go back and look at the early movies, again. Whether its A Dream's a Wish Your Heart Makes, Someday My Prince Will Come, or Bippity Boppity Boo with voices, or Ave Maria, A Night on Old Baldy, or The Sorcerer's Apprentice with orchestra, its some really great music.

I would love to hear the ladies perform any of it.

2B0B

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.    William Blake
How does Mairead hold my Heart in her hands
when she touches bow to strings,
And Orla reach my Soul
when she strokes her harp and sings?  2B0B
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: