Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A real spoiler ...... pic of the dresses  (Read 16280 times)
Lotte
Total Fanatic

We don't need sleep to be dreamers.

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 01:05AM »

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! Pretty!!
I am so much in love with Lynn in red and Lisa in orange Cheesy They are so beautiful and the tone of the colours is exactly right Cheesy
Alex' blue dress, for some reason, reminds me of a dress Órlagh wore, but I'm not sure which one. Nonetheless, the blue looks amazing on her, and I bet it's even more thrilling when the lights are a bit different (blue dress/blue lights won't stand out that much)
Chloe's dress looks gorgeous as well, especially how it's designed and I think it fits her body very well. I'm not sure about the colour, but that's because the lights aren't that great, but I'm sure green looks amazing on her Smiley

http://www.gustavoguimaraes.com.br/arquivo/images/papelbolha.swf
Kudos to Isolda for this! Grin

Rich, thanks for the lovely pic Grin
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 12:39PM »

The photo doesn't do the dresses justice.

Now if you don't REALLY want to be Spoiled...well tough..then don't be in the Spoiler section  Tongue

cause...

I love the colors!!

At first I was trying to figure out why such colors, especially in the first half dresses, when we are used to the white, then the more colorful ones in the second half.

As for the Green on Chloe, YOU HAVE TO SEE IT LIVE. She looks Fabulous in that dress as ALL do in theres.

But now...Here is the reason that I believe for the colors.

Mairead is in White, as she is the tieing piece in the group.

Someone brought this to my attention shortly after Tues nights show was over. Jeanine mentioned that when Chloe, Lisa and Mairead were moving around, they looked like..

Flag of Ireland

Then that later after I woke up after only about a hour of sleep, and kept going over and over in my head the night before, I thought about that comment, and why were those colors picked...then I thought of Lynn and Alex's dresses, and the Theme of the tour

Isle of Hope....the connection bwt Ireland and the U.S..

and then DING...DING...DING!!!

Lynn is in Red and Alex in Blue..

I posed this question to several other members there the next day.

Did you pay attention to the colors of the dresses...and when I pointed it out...more light bulbs went on.

Now as for the other dresses, which come out after At The Ceili, is explained in the program, but I am too exhausted to type it out.

But to sum it all up...it's not just the Dresses...it's the beautiful Souls wearing them that really makes them special.

Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 02:26PM »

Mel you you are right about the color of the dresses.
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 04:07PM »

Hey, Mel I think you're right!

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 05:04PM »

Yep Mel is right. I figured out the dresses meanings about five hours of thinking about them solid! Mel, I would like to know what the program says about the second half dresses if you ever get the chance.Thanks!
dougfrombaltimore

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 06:55PM »

Hey, thanks for the Photo Link !! Great dresses. Love the vivid colors ! Only 4 weeks for me (in Baltimore) !!!!!
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 08:15PM »

Yep Mel is right. I figured out the dresses meanings about five hours of thinking about them solid! Mel, I would like to know what the program says about the second half dresses if you ever get the chance.Thanks!

After re-reading the section on the Costumes, it almost sounds like the second half dresses were suppose to be the first half, and the vice versa.

It's actually a bit confusing. The drawings show a little diff style than what the final look was.

He does mention that he was inspired by Cecil Beaton, who designed the dresses for My Fair Lady, and Gigi, in the 50's style.

But basically he said what I said, that ultimately their inner beauty is what bring his designs to life

Grin

Artist1

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 08:39PM »

Did anyone catch this person bash our Mairead? she called her Choreographed and uninspired and that her fiddle never catches fire. I have never in my life seen anyone play the fiddle with such emotion and as for her moves, no one can even keep up with her let alone Choreograph her. Does anyone know anybody who can play as great as her while moving like her period?

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 09:07PM »

Did anyone catch this person bash our Mairead? she called her Choreographed and uninspired and that her fiddle never catches fire. I have never in my life seen anyone play the fiddle with such emotion and as for her moves, no one can even keep up with her let alone Choreograph her. Does anyone know anybody who can play as great as her while moving like her period?

I've never seen anyone like her. I've seen some imitators, but never duplicators! She's truly magical!

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 10:03PM »

I never pay attention to critics. They are being paid to Criticise everything. That's their job. To find something to pick on.

raven_christina
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2009, 11:28PM »

I never pay attention to critics. They are being paid to Criticise everything. That's their job. To find something to pick on.
-nods-
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2009, 03:27AM »

Maybe some of these critics get 'stuck' with the job of covering "that Celtic Woman concert" over at the local arena that night but, don't necessarily know anything about CW or their music or their style or their manner of dress or whether their fiddle player is on fire. Or not. They've never seen them (CW) before and thus, don't know if they are good, bad or otherwise. Obviously we all who have seen CW so many times ...know. They don't.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2009, 08:26AM »

Maybe some of these critics get 'stuck' with the job of covering "that Celtic Woman concert" over at the local arena that night but, don't necessarily know anything about CW or their music or their style or their manner of dress or whether their fiddle player is on fire. Or not. They've never seen them (CW) before and thus, don't know if they are good, bad or otherwise. Obviously we all who have seen CW so many times ...know. They don't.

... Bill

Bravo, Bill and Mel!

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
RMNP_Hiker

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 11:53AM »

... Bill

Exactly. I couldn't find a local review from Saturday's show, but I remember the review from two years ago. The reviewer should not be allowed to review anything but Brittany Spears and Shikira or however you spell them. When we go to a CW show, we don't go to see them dance. Sheesh! Send a grown  up next time.

Rocky Mountain National Park http://www.geocities.com/rmnphiker/rmnp
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2009, 03:12PM »

Thanks Mel!

I choose to ignore critics. They are just doing their "job".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: