Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Pipes  (Read 9370 times)
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« on: February 19, 2009, 10:21AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcVSsldwV1w
This song has to be my favorite of the Christmas album. I think it may have something to do with the way it sounds. It's like a music box song, especially when Lisa sing "Christmas strings"; if you listen, you can hear the xylophone right behind her. Also, when Meav sings "Christmas choir" and Chloe joins in on "Holy night...", I enjoy hearing that part, and when the big choir comes in near the end...Grin
I love singing it to myself, but I like the version on the special better than I do on the CD, I don't know why.
So, what's your thoughts on this one?
EDIT: 4/20/09
It's Orla that sings "Christmas strings" on the DVD, and the part that sounds like a music box is when Lisa sings "Christmas band".
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:56PM by Ggunsailor » Logged

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 11:07AM »

I think Orlagh is the one who sings "Christmas strings," but I know what you mean. Grin Wink

Christmas Pipes is one of my all-time favorite Celtic Woman songs.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
BlueFawn

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 12:16PM »

I love it, I think it is also my favorite song on the Christmas album.  I have wondered if the parts are different on the special than on the CD.  On the special Orlagh sings "Christmas strings, christmas strings playing the piece that Christmas brings" Then Maeve comes in "Fiddle and Bow" then Orlagh "Gentle and Low"  But on the CD the First part of the line Christmas strings....doesn't sound as much like Orlagh, or I could just be crazy lol

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 12:20PM »

Christmas bells, Christmas bells
Over the hills and over the dells

Christmas band, Christmas band
You're waiting for me with your Christmas band

I like when Lisa sings that Cheesy

The music was done very well and this is probably my favorite one of theirs. Carol of the Bells and O Holy Night are also favorites but Christmas Pipes tops them all.

Thanks Lindsey
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 12:54PM »

Not only is it beautifully done, I have heard it many times on regular radio around Christmas time. In fact, I read somewhere that it was by far the best rendition of Christmas Pipes that (the author) had ever heard.
I agree.
But my favorite is O Holy Night...the high notes give me goose bumps everytime. Grin
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 01:07PM »

Christmas bells, Christmas bells
Over the hills and over the dells

I like when Lisa sings that Cheesy

Same here. Lisa's parts are my favorites parts of that song.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
raven_christina
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 01:36PM »

But my favorite is O Holy Night...the high notes give me goose bumps everytime. Grin
Isn't it stupendous? I really wish I could hear this live. It would be awesome.
I'd have to say that I Love "Christmas Pipes", but one of my faves is "Green the Whole Year Round". I don't know what it is, but when Lisa steps onto the stage and the piano starts...
Oh. Magic. Every. Single. Time.
Celeste

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 03:25PM »

Yes, this is my favourite by far as well. And my very favourite version is the one from Slane Castle. Did you know that the YouTube video of that version (Slane) has almost two million hits? In a YouTube search, it comes up second -- second only to Celine Dion's version. And of course it's much more beautiful.

I prefer the traditional carols on the Christmas DVD

Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 03:40PM »

Yes, this is my favourite by far as well. And my very favourite version is the one from Slane Castle. Did you know that the YouTube video of that version (Slane) has almost two million hits? In a YouTube search, it comes up second -- second only to Celine Dion's version. And of course it's much more beautiful.

I prefer the traditional carols on the Christmas DVD
Shocked Whoa! That's awesome!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 03:42PM »

Did you know that the YouTube video of that version (Slane) has almost two million hits?

Hehe. I'm not surprised.

I've actually gotten the link to that video in several e-mail forwards, usually around Christmas of course. The e-mails are always like "Check this song out! It's amazing!" and I always chuckle to myself. Yeah, I already know those girls.  Grin Roll Eyes

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 05:15PM »

Thats my fave part of the song as well. Don't know why. . .  Wink
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 05:22PM »

I love "Christmas Pipes!! Love it!! I think this is one of the most wonderful songs ever.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 05:45PM »

I love "Christmas Pipes!! Love it!! I think this is one of the most wonderful songs ever.

... Bill

It is beautiful, isn't it? I wish they'd perform it on the tour.

Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 06:01PM »

Yes it but to perform it on tour when the season is over is odd.  Yet being at the tapings July of 2007, well to me and us there you felt it.
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 11:32PM »

Yes it but to perform it on tour when the season is over is odd.  Yet being at the tapings July of 2007, well to me and us there you felt it.
Well, yeah I guess it would be.
Although my mom plays Christmas music when she can.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: