Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Pipes  (Read 9372 times)
raven_christina
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 12:00AM »

Yes it but to perform it on tour when the season is over is odd.  Yet being at the tapings July of 2007, well to me and us there you felt it.
Well, yeah I guess it would be.
Although my mom plays Christmas music when she can.
But she's kinda weird anyway Gabs... after all she's our mama.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 03:44AM »

Generally, I don't start with any kind of Christmas music (which I do love) until Thanksgiving. But, with CW, it's different. I will watch the "A Christmas Celebration" DVD at any given time. If it's CW, I watch it all, no matter what the season. (Although, once we do get into the Holiday Season, I will then watch "A Christmas Celebration" a lot more).

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
edtom

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 06:34AM »

Not only is it beautifully done, I have heard it many times on regular radio around Christmas time. In fact, I read somewhere that it was by far the best rendition of Christmas Pipes that (the author) had ever heard.
I agree.
But my favorite is O Holy Night...the high notes give me goose bumps everytime. Grin

I agree 100%.

I love Celtic Woman
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 08:17AM »

Generally, I don't start with any kind of Christmas music (which I do love) until Thanksgiving. But, with CW, it's different. I will watch the "A Christmas Celebration" DVD at any given time. If it's CW, I watch it all, no matter what the season. (Although, once we do get into the Holiday Season, I will then watch "A Christmas Celebration" a lot more).

... Bill

I'm the same way. Grin

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
twhite101

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 11:26PM »

Oh, I had never seen the version of "O Holy Night" from Slane. 

Chris, thank you for the reference!  I just went and saw it and it makes me cry.   Just a beautiful - or more so - than the version from ACC DVD.  With them all in white, they do look like angels!

I especially love the joyful "Noel" and "oh night divine...." - I am Christian and this reminds me so movingly of what's special about Christmas night.

- Tony
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 06:07PM »

Yes it but to perform it on tour when the season is over is odd.  Yet being at the tapings July of 2007, well to me and us there you felt it.
Well, yeah I guess it would be.
Although my mom plays Christmas music when she can.
But she's kinda weird anyway Gabs... after all she's our mama.
That she is (chuckles).

Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 06:08PM »

Oh, I had never seen the version of "O Holy Night" from Slane. 

Chris, thank you for the reference!  I just went and saw it and it makes me cry.   Just a beautiful - or more so - than the version from ACC DVD.  With them all in white, they do look like angels!

I especially love the joyful "Noel" and "oh night divine...." - I am Christian and this reminds me so movingly of what's special about Christmas night.

- Tony
I love that version, too.

Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 12:50PM »

Not only is it beautifully done, I have heard it many times on regular radio around Christmas time. In fact, I read somewhere that it was by far the best rendition of Christmas Pipes that (the author) had ever heard.
I agree.
But my favorite is O Holy Night...the high notes give me goose bumps everytime. Grin
Oh, they did? Yay!

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 02:50PM »

Maybe they will do a second Christmas DVD.    Funny this thread showed up today-- I played the DVD last night!!   It's a favorite of mine, for sure!! 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 02:54PM »

Is one my favs too Smiley
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 03:24PM »

Maybe they will do a second Christmas DVD.
You never know. Smiley

CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 05:49PM »

we can only hope that they do. that would be amazing if they did. their last one was just great.

~ashley~
Palmie00

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 08:34PM »

One of my favourite christmas songs from the girls. On the CD version, Méav leads with "Christmas Strings, Christmas strings." Then, Chloë comes in with "playing the peace that christmas brings."

In the live version, orla sings the whole part, most likely bc David wanted her to have a solo in the song, seeing that Méav had 2. That's my guess anyway!

Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 09:23PM »

You know, I think you're right Palmie.

Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 04:49AM »

I agree.
Oh, they did? Yay!
I can't exactly remember, but one of my guys in sthe shop was reading the local paper before shift start and he told me to read this review of the Celtic Woman Christmas album. I think it was a national review, not a local person. I think that's where it was. It's cool...anything CW related is brought to my attention by so many people....I'm a local advocate for them Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: