Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I missed Orlagh...  (Read 4101 times)
anything4Chloe

Oneday, someday... soon

« on: February 21, 2009, 11:06AM »

I saw the Isle Of Hope show in Detroit last night. It was beyond words. It was wonderful to see Lynn and Alex... but I sooooo missed Orlagh last night.

kat
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 01:33PM »

That's a normal taught.
But hey think like this Orla never really left Celtic woman and stay's also in our heart.
And don't let any one els told you that okidoki. 
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 06:47PM »

She's (Orla) always right here in my heart. I know that.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 08:45AM »

I missed her in Chicago!

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 09:50AM »

I missed her in Chicago!

We'll miss Orla everywhere along the Tour. We all love Alex, of course. But, it only stands to reason, after Touring with CW for the past 4 years, that Orla will be missed. Just as Meav was.

... Bill

raven_christina
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 08:43AM »

I'm pretty sad... the other night, I wondered if there was any, any chance at all Orla would come back, even if it was for the taping of the new special. And when I thought she might not even for that, I started to cry.
I'm saddened by the fact I won't get to see her live unless she does a U.S. tour. Her voice is one of the ones that has always soothed me the most (coming in close second with Chloe's). It makes me kinda choked up even now to think about it... Cry
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 09:32AM »

Chris is right-- we all miss Orlagh!! But let's face a fact, here. Orlagh is doing what she chose to do and I think we should be glad that she was brave enough to go out on her own. We miss Orlagh because WE want to see her perform. Just think, when she does a tour it will be just Orlagh-- well, maybe another star with her- but how great it will be for us to be able to see her perform for maybe 2 hours!!! As she said, she loves to talk to the people and wants smaller venues so she can do just that. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be away from her family for 5 or 6 months at a time and be sad  because of not being able to see them.  So, I too really miss Orlagh-- but the CW show is absolutely wonderful and it will survive-- it has since Meav left and it did last year with Lisa missing.   So, Orlagh, I salute you for having the courage to give up a very much " sure thing" to explore the world and do things that you want to do instead of doing what all of us wanted. 
    Lastly, I know we all realize that Alex is now a CW lady and she does so much to add to the show and is wonderful in her performance.   But I just wonder how much we may hurt her feelings every time we all state just how much we miss Orlagh.  I know we do NOT mean that as a slam to Alex in any way, but it just has to make her feel she is still an outsider in a way. I know how truly great she is and now she has songs that are hers-- and she knocks the socks off the audience with them-- so I feel it's time for us to tell Orlagh to please hurry back to us with her music and to tell Alex-- You are now-- and always will be, a " Celtic Woman" in ours eyes and we will back you just as we have every other lady who has thrilled when they were on the tour.

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
raven_christina
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 10:06AM »

Chris is right-- we all miss Orlagh!! But let's face a fact, here. Orlagh is doing what she chose to do and I think we should be glad that she was brave enough to go out on her own. We miss Orlagh because WE want to see her perform...   ...So, Orlagh, I salute you for having the courage to give up a very much " sure thing" to explore the world and do things that you want to do instead of doing what all of us wanted. 
    Lastly, I know we all realize that Alex is now a CW lady and she does so much to add to the show and is wonderful in her performance.... ...so I feel it's time for us to tell Orlagh to please hurry back to us with her music and to tell Alex-- You are now-- and always will be, a " Celtic Woman" in ours eyes and we will back you just as we have every other lady who has thrilled when they were on the tour.
Agreed.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 04:00PM »

I don't think it hurts Alex, to hear us say we miss Orla. I mean, it only stands to reason, after giving so much of herself, to us CW fans, for 4 years, we are in fact going to miss her. I think that's pretty much established. I'd certainly like to think that Alex understands this. We love Alex too. We always will. Just like with Orla, nothing will change that. Just as when Meav left and Lynn came in. We missed Meav (in fact, I still do, and always will) but, at the same time, we more than grew to love Lynn and fully, completely accept her as a part of CW. The same holds true for Alex.

I think Alex would understand our love for Orla and the fact that we will miss her. Because, at the same time, she can take much comfort in knowing how much we love her too. She's here. She's a Celtic Woman. As our love for Orla will always carry on, so will our love for Alex just continue to grow and grow.

... Bill
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 04:10PM by CWFan2 » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: