Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a few more observations  (Read 4619 times)
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« on: March 06, 2009, 09:05AM »

1. It takes place in between Orinoco Flow and True Colours. I'll call it a 'transition move' as the girls left the stage leaving Alex alone. But they did a type of arm wave. In conjunction with the lighting and the drum beat, it was, how should one describe, hypnotic? Anyone else get sort of drawn in by the whole effect? Anyone else remember even what I mean lol? I thought it was very cool.

2. Did anyone else get very emotional on Isle of Hope? To be honest, I usualy dont get too emotional. OH I feel an effect, but its not too extreme. BUt this song really hit me, just the presentation, the words, the whole effect I guess. There are many great moments in the show, but for me this was the show stopper. Of course that sort of thing is subjective to the individual. For many it seemed to be Oh America.

3. The 2nd dreses seemed to be so long. Longer than any others they have used. Alex was so so careful walking along then down those steps. I hope in the future they cut them a little shorter, for safety.

4. Mairead really outdid herself with her spins at the one point in the show. It seemed to me that she did them faster and for longer duration than in past shows. But I have never got a stop watch and timed it lol.

5. They made great use of the monitor behind them. And the projected images sort of to the sides, on the drape like things. It all added a lot to the show.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 09:17AM »

I do remember the move in your first point...I liked it too!  I thought the images behind the girls during Isle of Hope really brought a lot of emotion to the song (as well as the singers, of course).  For me, this song touched me more than Oh, America, but only slightly so.  This is such a subjective thing, but that's the beauty of it!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:15AM »

4. Mairead really outdid herself with her spins at the one point in the show. It seemed to me that she did them faster and for longer duration than in past shows. But I have never got a stop watch and timed it lol.

I noticed this also...I finally had to start looking away...I was getting DIZZY!!  Grin

Why do I have feeling Mairead would love the Teacups at Disneyworld  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:19AM »

I'm already hypnotized, and emotional, and the show doesn't start for 8 hours!!!
I'll look for it..thanks!
raven_christina
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 11:34AM »

I'm already hypnotized, and emotional, and the show doesn't start for 8 hours!!!
I'll look for it..thanks!
Have fun tonight!
Since we're on the topic of observations:
Ok, WHAT part does Chloe take in "Orinoco Flow"? Is it a lower or a higher part? People have been saying she has a lower register now, and I'm insanely curious.
Celeste

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 11:45AM »

People have been saying she has a lower register now, and I'm insanely curious.

Well, I don't know about "Orinoco Flow" specifically, but she has definitely still maintained that perfect crystalline soprano voice of hers, which is heard in so many of the songs on the tour. I'd always hoped that she would never lose that soaring, beautiful, breathy voice, and she still has it, except more powerful than ever.

Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 12:52PM »

Thanks, Chris! Cheesy
raven_christina
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 01:32PM »

Well, I don't know about "Orinoco Flow" specifically, but she has definitely still maintained that perfect crystalline soprano voice of hers, which is heard in so many of the songs on the tour. I'd always hoped that she would never lose that soaring, beautiful, breathy voice, and she still has it, except more powerful than ever.
Ohhhh... Well, I'm sure I could figure it out. I still can't wait to hear her for the first time. Smiley
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 04:50PM »

Chris, it's hard to tell Chloe's voice range in O.F, I have tried at my Columbus show last friday, but she seems to blend in so well, its hard to tell. Just like in You Raise Me up, in the added verse, I was amazed when it was Lisa AND Chloe voices blending so well together. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same in O.F. I will be checking it out again in a few weeks in Atlanta for 2 shows  Wink Cheesy

Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 05:35PM »

Back to Cash's original post.
Isle of Hope gets me as well. The first time I saw it in St. Paul I teared up. The combination of the lyrics, and images are just overpowering. Going into the Chicago shows I was apprehensive, but figured "You've already seen and heard it. You know whats coming. Steel yourself up." 
That thinking did no good, and I was teary again. Publicly I blamed it on residule irritation from the smoke machines, but I knew better. So going into the second show in Chicago I figured two days in a row, I have to be immune now.
No such luck. That song gets me every time, and I imagine it always will.

Oh, America took me by surprise in St. Paul, and I was more listening and learning. Come Chicago I knew what was coming, and it hit me really hard.

Both songs are so emotional, and have been constantly in my head since the show.

Bob       

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 05:40PM »

Mairead also incredibly does the SPLITS while playing at one point!  Never missing a beat or a note, of course!  She makes it look so ease that the difficulty of the move may not be fully realized, at first!   Shocked

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 08:00PM »

I think "Oh America" is the one that really got to me.

I agree about Mairead's spins - I actually thought they had gotten even longer in Chicago from St.Paul!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: