Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chat Transcript  (Read 14179 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« on: March 07, 2009, 05:06PM »

Hey Guys, here is the transcript from the chat this afternoon with Órlagh. Questions are in bold and everything Órlagh says in is purple. For ease of understanding I've edited it so that everything that relates to a question is underneath the appropriate question. I've also fixed minor spelling errors. This is only the Q&A part of the chat! If we posted both the hellos and goodbyes.... it would be around 20 pages, I know because that's what my word processor told me. I've noted peoples real names after their screen names, if I knew them. If I don't have your name noted, please let me know it and I'll add it.

L.A. Girl [Dianne]: Would you ever consider a collaboration with Deirdre, Meav, or the High Kings?
Órlagh: You never know what could happen in the future!!

L.A. Girl [Dianne]: Are you planning on making a DVD?
Órlagh: I’d love to do a DVD in the future but at the moment I’m focusing on the album.

OrangeTea [Cris]: it’s great of you to join us, hope you are doing well Smiley Do you have a current release date for “Guide You Home” [Órlagh’s new album] and/or will you be touring to promote it?
Órlagh: It’s an honor to be here! Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to come along. At the moment I’m talking to people about a US release. I will know more about the dates very soon and I will be coming over to promote it and I can’t wait!

BlueFawn [Jenna]: Hi Orlagh! Thanks again for chatting with us. My question is: Are there any other styles of music that you would be interested in experimenting with and maybe incorporating into future projects? ~ Jenna
Órlagh: My new album is quite different and I did a few songs that are very different for me but I sing them in my own style. I love experimenting.

howard: Hello Orlagh, my name is Howard, from Florida, USA...no question I just want to say how fantastic you are and such an amazing voice, and an amazing talent, I am looking forward to your new cd & hopefully see you in a concert, and thank you for doing this chat..I wish you the very Best and the Greatest Success!!!!
Órlagh: Thank-you so much Howard for your lovely wishes!

RedHeadLad [Steve]:  Hi Orlagh, it’s an honor to be here with you. Before my question, I’d like to thank you for the uplifting and inspiring influence your music is in my life. My question is this...what do you miss most and least about not touring with Celtic Woman? (from Steve in Salt Lake City)
Órlagh: Hi Steve, What I miss most is the people, the girls and the band and most of all meeting all of you guys. W I miss least is being away from home for 5 months.

cool2it [Gary]: I’m just reading and I have no questions for you-- I’m just thrilled to be here!!! Thank you for talking with us!!
Órlagh: It’s my great pleasure! I’m thrilled at you all giving of your time so generously!

celticdreamer00: Thank you Órlagh for taking the time to answer our questions. Who is the one person you would most like to do a duet with?
Órlagh: I love Alison Krauss. For me she is one of the greatest singers! I also like Josh Groban.

tiburongirl [Kim]: Hi Orlagh! Kim from Missouri here. I had the opportunity to perform at Carnegie Hall in college and it was amazing. My question is, how was your experience at Carnegie?
Órlagh: Congrats Kim on performing at Carnegie Hall! It was an experience I will never forget. I still think about it ! It was so amazing to sing Inisfree on that wonderful stage and see my family in the balcony was so emotional the entire day of the show and in the build-up to it as it was my life-long dream to perform there.

jillebeans: Hello Pretty Lady, My daughter (Brooke) would like to know what is your favorite color? Thank you for taking the time to do this!
Órlagh: Tell Brooke that I love purple and green!
jillebeans: You just did and thank you Smiley
Órlagh: You’re so welcome! Lots of love to Brooke! x

Jeanine: Well, I don’t exactly have a question, I’ll wait til you answer it on your forum, however, as I said when I came in, it’s great to be with you in here today. Thanks for doing this, and know you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Órlagh: Thank-you so much Jeanine.

Kelli: Thank you, Orlagh, for agreeing to do this chat. And thank you dearly for everything you mean to me. I think the world of you! My question is: do you have a favorite food you like to cook?
Órlagh: hey Kells! I love cooking! I love baking cake and scones! In fact, I made scones and a flourless chocolate cake made with ground almonds this morning. Yum!
OldFatGuy [Rich]:  Oooooooooo...... yummy!
Órlagh: It’s really good!

Coco84: First of all, Thank you sooooo much for the CD Órlagh!!!! You made me very happy and you changed a lot my life – not only with the CD...Thank you for everything!! Question: Have you ever had doubts in your talent as a musician, if so, how did you get over it? (I hope this question is not to personal!!)
Órlagh: hi Coco ! I’m glad you’re enjoying the cd. Yes there were times I thought the Music business was so tough that I would give up and I thought I would never get a break. It is so important to always believe in yourself and in your talent though when the times are hard that isn’t always so easy. I have been very fortunate in that I got a few very lucky breaks and I really hope that I will continue to do what I love doing. [...] Sorry, I only say the other bit of the question now. My husband has always been incredibly supportive of me and always believes in me when I doubt myself

Ctofer [Christopher]: Hello Orlagh, it’s Christopher! It’s wonderful getting the opportunity to visit with you, thank you so much for doing this! I hope to get to visit with you in the States again some day. Smiley My question is, what are your biggest musical influences, in terms of style of music? (Christopher from Toledo, Ohio)
Órlagh:  hi Christopher, I have always loved Clannad and they were a huge influence on me. I have to say though that I love al lot of different styles of music and have loved groups like The Chieftains for as long as I can remember. I love the way they always try new things.

kat: hi orla , what is the best song for a music exam danny boy or the water is wide for a first year student mucian? when does the new album coming in the stores? And thank you for lighting my day’s previous year THANK YOU. :kiss:
Órlagh:  I have an old cassette that I recorded with my late singing teacher Evelyn who sadly passed away in November last year. It is very precious and I sing to it every day. Both songs are great songs to do for an exam. I would do the song that suits you best and that you feel the most passionate about. If it was me doing the exam I’d do The Water Is Wide but that’s just because I LOVE the song and Danny Boy doesn’t really suit me so do whichever one you can really deliver on. Good luck with it ! I will be able to let everyone know the exact release time of the record in about a week’s time. I’m in talks with someone at the moment and we’re trying to work out all the details. I’m sorry I can’t give any more info but as soon as I know I will put it on my web-site

Starman [John]: At last! Orla, as a solo artist, do you anticipate appearing at some of the smaller venues, such as the Louisville Palace or Lexington’s Rupp arena, where I was fortunate enough to have seen you a number of times with Celtic Woman? By the way, some months ago I emailed Alison Krauss suggesting she record/appear with you! No reply yet--can’t get away from Robert Plant, I suppose! John/Starman
Órlagh: When I come over to do some concerts it will be at smaller, more intimate venues and I can’t wait! You never know, Alison may get back to you!!!!

Celtic Chicken: Now most gracious and wise orlagh... think this over very carefully.....Why do people prefer to kiss a cold Irish Blarney stone instead of a hot american chicken?      
Órlagh: I’ve no idea! But I can’t wait to hear!
Celtic Chicken:  i only get one question....no answers are allowed
Órlagh: I’m waiting for the answer!...
OldFatGuy [Rich]: Make one up - quick!
Celtic Chicken: they must be really lonely
cool2it [Gary]: Because the rock won’t want to go home with you!! Just in case you REALLY needed an answer.

L.A. Girl [Dianne]: Hi, incomparable Orla! What was your favorite ensemble song when you toured w/ C.W.? Also, please come to L.A.!!!
Órlagh: I always loved At the Ceili as it was such fun. I also got a great kick out of singing Sing Out in the show.

mishawakafan: My question has been answered previously. Thank you for doing this today. We love you, Orlagh! -Phil & family
Órlagh: You are so welcome Phil

bpea55 [Bruce]: Well..if you could play anywhere where would that be?
Órlagh: I’d love to go back to Carnegie

DakotaF.: Hello Orla from the Mile High City of Denver Colorado! my question is have you ever considered lending your music to movie soundtracks? This came about in a discussion with my mother over a novel I wrote and whether or not it would ever become a movie.
Órlagh: I would love to have my music on a movie soundtrack. It’s one of my dreams. Good luck with your novel!

celtic_Jen: Hi Orlagh!! Thank you so much for taking the time to come chat with us!! I think you are amazing and hope to be able to see you in concert again soon! My question is…. I’m currently working towards my music degree in college and then hope to get my credential to teach music, specifically singing, at the high school level. I think it is really interesting that you were a teacher before focusing more on performing. Do you have any advice or words of wisdom for future teachers/musicians?
Órlagh: you’re welcome! I think the most important thing when teaching music is to have a passion for what you are doing. It’s so important and it crosses over to the students, passion and patience! Good luck with your college course!

Baby Wickiexx: Hi Orlagh, Thank you sooo much for being here today! and also thank you for everything!!! You’re one of my role models...[sorry for being delayed..balancing a toddler in my arms while typing] I really hope to see you when you come over for your tour. ok..question...What’s your favorite Musical or Play you’ve seen?
Órlagh: I have to confess that I’m not really mad into musicals but I went to see The Lion King with David Downes and some of the girls in LA a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! I was so emotional throughout the whole show. It was glorious.

Dwight: Hi Orlagh, Dwight from (Phoenix/ Tempe) I would like to say that we all miss you in the concerts. I’ve been to two (Isle of Hope) already, Evansville and Detroit, This week I’ll be in Wilkes Barre with Wickie and family then at Radio City with some friends. Smiley Oh my Mom’s name is Evelyn and she likes to hear you sing in Irish Gaelic, she is 94 now. My question is. What is your favorite movie?
Órlagh: I love the movies! the Shawshank Redemption will always be a firm favorite. Dwight, can you say hello to your mom for me?
Dwight: I sure can Órlagh

Rigatony60 [Anthony]: Hello Orlagh! My name is Anthony, its wonderful to have this opportunity to talk to you, you are the greatest! I was wondering do you play you’re harp for relaxation or just practice or both? looking forward to you’re new album and seeing you live again!
Órlagh: I play for both relaxation and practice. I love Harry my harp!
Rigatony60 [Anthony]: Thank You!
Órlagh: You’re welcome

leighlam [Tara]: Thank you so much Miss Orlagh for taking the time to chat with us and answer our questions. My name is Tara. I am really looking forward to your new CD! I know there is a lot of work involved in a project like that and I was wondering how you chose the songs for it?
Órlagh: Some of the songs I had written and all the songs are songs that I have loved and are really special to me. There’s a great selection of songs and some surprises!

CelticBear [Mel]: Hi Órlagh. I’m Mel from Germany. Thank you for taking the time to be with us here tonight. You are just wonderful. Are you planning to promote your new album in Germany and Europe too? I’d so much love to see you here in Germany.
Órlagh: yes, I had such a wonderful time in Germany with Celtic Woman and I really want to come back in a solo capacity.

Antiup [SSG Kasey Schmidt]: Hello from Iraq, Orlagh thank you for your time and wonderful voice! I have no way of telling how much influence/impact you have had on my soldiers over here. Thank you. Question- If you can have lunch with just one person (Past or present) who would it be? Favorite Ice cream?
Órlagh: Hello to you and all the soldiers in Iraq. If I could have lunch with anyone it would be The Dali Lama. I adore banana ice cream and also praline! Yummy. Please be safe and may God bless and keep you all and bring you all safely home .x
Antiup [SSG Kasey Schmidt]: [...]Thank you for the comments. My computer over here take like 20 min to update. Orla you rock and thank you.

cjensen [Joe]: Hi Orlagh!!! This is Joe & Kathy. Great seeing you in Boston recently. Just wanted to say that we, along with Charlie & Norma Brock miss you. We can’t wait to get a copy of your new music & see you tour the States again. Our “4-legged” son is pawing me and barking. He wanted to say hello too! In your new tour, will you be conversing with your audience? Not only are you musically talented, you have the uncanny ability to talk to people leaving them spiritually rejuvenated.
Órlagh: I LOVE to talk ! You’d never have guessed! I will most certainly be chatting to people about the songs and the stories behind them. I also intend to come and meet the audience after the concerts. Hey Joe and Kathy, love to Didier also, He’s adorable!
cjensen: Hi Órlagh! I’ll send you pics of him ok?
Órlagh: I’d love a picture of Didier. Give my love to Charlie and Norma
cjensen: Will do, thanks!

AngusGibson: Hello, Orla! This is Taylor from Knoxville, Tennessee. It’s such a pleasure to meet the voice behind “Newgrange” and “Isle of Innisfree”! Thank you for being you and for sharing your talent to the world! I hope your tours will bring you to Knoxville so I can meet you in person! My question is what is your favorite harp?
Órlagh: I have 3 harps here at home and I love them all. My Salvi harps are amazing though.
AngusGibson: Thank you, Orla! Lot’s of love, warm hugs, regards, and prayers to you and your family!
Órlagh: thank-you Angus.

Nelo Angelo: Ooh boy. It’s kinda a silly one, but I’m still a little bleary. Orlagh, have you ever been to a site called CuteOverload?
Órlagh: No I haven’t.
Nelo Angelo: It’s dedicated to absurdly cute animals. Cheesy
Órlagh: I will look it up.
Nelo Angelo: Okay. Sorry about the silliness. Wink Thanks again for... well, all ya do.

Jenny: I just wanted to tell everyone that Orla’s new website is up and running. We now have a new domain… please check out http://www.orlafallonofficial.com when you finish the chat! Additionally check back frequently as we will be adding lots of new things. We will soon have a sign up box for those who would like to subscribe to her newsletters. Looking forward to seeing you all there! ~ Jenny

aislin: And that brings us to the end of the list, and to the end of our chat! A BIG thank you to Órlagh for being here today and doing this for us. Chat transcripts will be available later on today both here and on Órlagh’s forum.

aislin
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:43PM by aislin » Logged
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 05:12PM »

Wow, Lindsey, no sense wasting time on getting the transcript up!  I have no idea how you did it so fast, but major kudos to you!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
tc84
Total Fanatic

"Everywhere you go let your dreams surround you!"

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:19PM »

WOW Lindsey that was quick!!!
Thank you!!!!
You are doing an amazing job!!!
Lots of love!!
coco x

"I think as a women we have so many other things to do in life, very important things, but also we have to be mothers and to support our children and guide them. Because (...) we all need guidance, don´t we?"
(C Zeta Jone 2005)
celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 05:21PM »

Thanks for all your hard work Lindsey. We really appreciate you getting this up so quickly.

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 05:28PM »

Thanks for getting the transcrpit up!!! I completely forgot about the chat being today. Embarrassed But, I'm glad that I still got to read it. Smiley

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 05:57PM »

That was great! I missed the chat due to Andrew's ball game Cry

Thank you Orlagh for your time, your talents and for you being you!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 05:58PM by kathleen » Logged

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 06:02PM »

Thanks, Lindsey! I had to leave at around 2:45ish, so I missed a lot of it.

Mucho thanks to the lovely Miss Orlagh for doing this for us! And of course, to Rich and Lindsey for heading it all up.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
BlueFawn

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 08:07PM »

Great job Lindsey and all the mods!

Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 08:48PM »

Thank you Lindsey!! That was wicked quick!!
You're fantastic!!

Wickie xxx

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
Antiup

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 09:32PM »

I had an awesome time and Orla is so cool. (even though my computer took forever to upload)

We have to get that Cake and scones recipe?

Thanks to all the MOD squad. Excellent job.

Orla you totally rock!!

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 09:36PM »

Just looked at the website.  Thank you, Jenny!  It's lovely, and the photogallery set-up is stunning!

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 11:38PM »

Thank you Lindsey and Rich for all that you have done! Smiley
SANDY

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 07:36AM »

WOW Lindsey that was quick!!!
Thank you!!!!
You are doing an amazing job!!!
Lots of love!!
coco x

THANK YOU LINDSEY!!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL INTERVIEW WITH ORLAGH...
ISN'T SHE JUST THE LOVELIEST LADY!!

TO ORLAGH...
THANK YOU SO MUCH ORLAGH.  I HAVE ENJOYED READING EACH
AND EVERY QUESTION AND ANSWER.  YOU ARE JUST THE SWEETEST LADY AND SO KIND TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS OF THOSE WHO LOVE YOU SO DEARLY.  MAY YOU HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY THERE IN IRELAND. 
SORRY I COULD NOT BE THERE YESTERDAY...WAS TEACHING.   
BUT I LOVED SPENDING SUCH A LOVELY TIME WITH YOU IN
 BATON ROUGE. 
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES!!

COCO...
I LOVE YOUR BANNER HERE.  WHAT BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!

LOVE TO EACH OF YOU...
SANDY

Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 10:44AM »

I also was unable to attend the chat session.... So  many thanks on posting the transcript

=)

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
howard

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 10:53AM »

Lindsey...
Thank You for the transcript!!!

Best Regards,
Howard
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: