Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appreciative blog review  (Read 4699 times)
btimerson
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 08:39AM »

Daniel, I might add that you should be sure and look up some "vintage" Celtic Woman from back in their "early" years!  Wink  The Helix performance is where we all met these wonderful performers and is a classic in its own right.  Grin  This is where you get to see the true genius of David Downes bringing together such a talented group of young woman and how these ladies, with just a few practice sessions, began what has, for so many of us, been the musical journey of our lives.  For me, Celtic Woman has been one of the most influential and meaningful experiences of my life.  I still thank whoever was watching over me that night in March, 2005, for steering me to PBS to see the Helix performance.  The rest is, as they say, history.  Wink

Many of the performances are on YouTube, but the DVD is a must for your collection.  And while you're at it, don't forget to pick up their "Christmas Celebration", "A New Journey" and "Greatest Journey" DVD's.  They all contain the very best that CW has to offer.  Such a beautiful collection of some of the most wonderful, uplifting, and meaningful music you will ever find.   Grin

Oh, I've tried to place many of their YouTube songs on a page I created for easy reference.  I have (hopefully) nearly all of their video performances referenced.
http://www.timerson.net/CW/CWYouTube1.htm

Enjoy!

Brad T
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:11AM by btimerson » Logged

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 06:34AM »

[]That was my most sensational find of the evening...I want to get business cards with one of the Colorful banners on it, and print your LINK, and hand them out so people will see what they are indeed missing. As I go about my daily life, I will ususally ask "Have you ever heard of Celtic Woman?" and most of the time the answer is no...We do not get PBS here so people have not see them on the tube. I , however, did discover them here by checking out the DVDs from the Library! ! ! I watched them a couple of times, and was about to return the DVDs, and I thought well, I will watch it one more time....as just as they sing "Right from the very start"...[/color] This time I was hooked on them, especially Mairead as i have never in my life seen anything like that performance !!! Then one by one I got hooked on each of the singers in turn, then David Downes' interviews, and Ray Fean's drumming, and the Chorus...I slipped right into occwd[/i] I've had it ever since. I do have a choral, and solo singing background which may account for some of it!!..I learn something every time I go to the forum. I am looking forward to Red Rocks being a Coloradan and knowing what a great place it is. I am praying for their continued health and strength, and enjoying all the "spoilers" of these stunning in every way performers. So thanks again for arranging the You Tube Links..Believe it or not, but you tube is blocked on our Work Computers!! But we can always find another outside of work to spend some quality C W time thanks Brad! ! !  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 07:13AM by shankdee » Logged

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Daniel L.

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 05:44PM »

Hi there Shankdee! Cheesy Your post made me laugh! I'm so glad you read it, and I totally agree. I have heard of Celtic Woman in the past (I'm Irish... so things like this get aorund, LOL) but dismissed right off the bat as bieng.... "Not for me". Then i went to see them and could not believe what I was missing! I definitely want to pick up the DVD sometime.

And try  Ultra Surf to get on YouTube at work, LOL! That's if they didn't already block it. (That site works at school, haha)
Danny
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 02:27AM »

OK, Daniel, I'll try it, however I CAN get You Tube on the college computers ( I'm Faculty) and so I had a ball the other night going to Brad's site and visiting some of his sites he put together. There were two other professors in the lab, so I kept on extolling C W, etc. but we were all caught up in the Murder of Kate Puzey, the 24 year old Peace Corp worker who was found murdered outside her home in BENIN, Africa ( near Nigeria).Not much about the death is fully known, but the bloggers all over the net were deeply touched by this and on one of the sites I dedicated two of Lisa's songs to Kate's memory and uploaded Lisa's Picture. Kate, is someone I knew all through Jr. HI and Hi School here, and knew her parents well. My best memory of Kate is when we had one of our torrential downpours here and we were all at a graduation party..a little ways from the parking lot. When it was time to leave, someone had taken my roomy golf umbrella, and there I was, no way to get to my car. Kate stepped up and said, "I'll walk you to your car" and she did under her umbrella in the down pour-the kind you cannot see through. Here are a couple of Websites if You or any Forum member wants to read about KATE: http://beinginbenin.blogspot.com and her pictures at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/catherine.puzey

Shankdee (carla)

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 02:32AM »

OH, Just for the record Brad wrote to me and gave me permission to pass out his LINK to his website! ! So, we'll see what comes of it.
Everytime , almost, I ask someone have you heard C W sing, or seen them on PBS, the ususal answer is no, so I want to be able to slap a card in their hands...

Shankdee ( carla)

Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 08:59AM »

Thanks for the great post and the link Brad.  I put it in my CW library of emails.
May is fast approaching.  I feel like a kid who is having her best friends come
to visit...the anticipation!  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: