Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman to ring the NYSE closing bell March 16  (Read 9113 times)
Celeste

« on: March 13, 2009, 05:35PM »

Now, this is an unexpected and wonderful bit of publicity! Discovered on the new CW site's cover page.

Does anyone know which TV station might broadcast this?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 05:39PM by Celeste » Logged

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 05:47PM »

The New York Stock Exchange has a press release about this here: http://www.nyse.com/events/1236939403317.html.

You can watch the event live online at 3:59 Eastern on the NYSE website or they'll have it in their video archive shortly thereafter.

aislin
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 05:49PM »

Wow, this is the only time in my life I'll ever envy the folks in the Stock Exchange... Shocked

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 05:50PM »

Lynne

Who is Lynne? ROFLOL! Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks Lindsey
Celeste

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 05:54PM »

The New York Stock Exchange has a press release about this here: http://www.nyse.com/events/1236939403317.html.

You can watch the event live online at 3:59 Eastern on the NYSE website or they'll have it in their video archive shortly thereafter.

Thank you for discovering that! Thank you.

Seriously, I can't wait. This sounds genuinely exciting.

(I hope Celtic Woman's percussionists don't mind, though -- after all, usually it's their job to ring the bells for the girls, and the NYSE bell qualifies as a percussion instrument. Smiley)

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 06:07PM »

Oh this is WAY COOL!!!! Grin Grin Grin

Maybe the girls will bring some luck to our economy! Cheesy

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 06:38PM »

Thank you for discovering that! Thank you.

Seriously, I can't wait. This sounds genuinely exciting.

(I hope Celtic Woman's percussionists don't mind, though -- after all, usually it's their job to ring the bells for the girls, and the NYSE bell qualifies as a percussion instrument. Smiley)

Maybe some tips from Ray and Nick beforehand would be in order!   Cheesy Grin

btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 07:54PM »

Now, this is an unexpected and wonderful bit of publicity! Discovered on the new CW site's cover page.
Does anyone know which TV station might broadcast this?

I would imagine that CNBC and/or Fox Business Channel would cover the closing bell live.

Brad T

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 10:21PM »

performed for more than 800,000 people.

i wonder if they are counting all the forum members who have gone to multiple venues.  Grin

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 07:54AM »

Oh this is WAY COOL!!!! Grin Grin Grin

Maybe the girls will bring some luck to our economy! Cheesy

I agree Emily! Maybe we should have Chloe sing " When You Believe" !  Wink Grin

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 08:08AM »

performed for more than 800,000 people.

i wonder if they are counting all the forum members who have gone to multiple venues.  Grin

Jim

I seriously doubt it Jim, as we here have probably made up that number!   Cheesy Grin

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 08:25AM »

Well if they take any of their merchandise along to advertise at the NYSE, lets hope they leave their bears at home.  As cute as little stuffed teddy bears are, given the state of the market...ah...no. Just wont be good at all.

Glad their primary color is green. The color of money. Market has seen too much red recently.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 08:11PM by aislin » Logged

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 02:04PM »

Ok all, the girls rang the bell wearing street clothes so feel free to watch and not be spoiled.

BIG THANKS to the NYSE who have some really nifty web stuff going down so that fans can watch!

aislin
Celeste

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 02:05PM »

Did anyone else watch the feed? It was a cute moment. Chloe and Alex pressed the button for the bell to sound, and Lisa (or at least I think it was her -- the video was tiny) struck the gavel. They balcony had monitors above and beneath it with the Celtic Woman logo on it.

Cute moment. I wonder if anyone saw it at a higher resolution on one of the business channels.

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 02:14PM »

Aaaaaaaaahh!!!! That was so great! The girls looked so cute and they looked excited to ring the bell LOL.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: