Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What song would you like to hear Celtic Woman cover?  (Read 221023 times)
vanity

A vida é moi curta! Facelo Musical!

« on: March 15, 2009, 08:13PM »

I was just wondering what song you would all like to hear Celtic Woman do a cover of? I'm sure there's millions of beautiful songs out there that they could turn into even better pieces. I personally would like to hear them do a cover of Annie Lennox's "Into the West" from The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. I'm obsessed with The Lord of the Rings and LOVE Lisa Kelly's cover of Enya's "May It Be". I don't know if they'd have some legal problems in covering it or not, though. It won an Academy Award and I don't know the legal issues behind that kinda stuff. Anyway, I was just wondering what you all thought about song possibilities.

God Bless!!
Steph

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 09:16PM »

I've mentioned this on other threads.  One I would love to hear them do is "Bridge Over Trouble Water", specifically as a duet between Lisa and Chloë.

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
raven_christina
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 09:20PM »

Steph, "Into the West" would be fantastic. I could see that more as an Orlagh song though.
Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 09:23PM »

A song by the Band Jet, called "Shine On"
and, have to say it, but "For Good" from Wicked...OH! or "Defying Gravity"!!
Defying Gravity is for sure a Lisa song!! For Good would be really good for all of them actually!!  Grin Grin

Wicks xx

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
raven_christina
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 09:40PM »

and, have to say it, but "For Good" from Wicked...OH! or "Defying Gravity"!!
Defying Gravity is for sure a Lisa song!! For Good would be really good for all of them actually!!  Grin Grin
I could actually see Chloe singing "Defying Gravity" but yes, "For Good" would be stupendous for all of them. Smiley
John910

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 10:01PM »

How about "Sing" (the Carpenters hit from the 1970's)?

vanity

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 10:11PM »

Steph, "Into the West" would be fantastic. I could see that more as an Orlagh song though.

Yeah, I could definately hear her singing it! But I wouldn't really care, as long as it got done, haha!!

raven_christina
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 10:12PM »

-sing song- Oh Orlaghhhhh... lol Wink
Celeste

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 05:41AM »

Here was my original list:

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=257.0

I'm delighted that one of those suggestions has been taken up (Webber's "Pie Jesu").

By far I love it best when Chloe and CW perform classical songs.

Running a close second, I also adore their distinctively Celtic number, particularly those sung in Gaelic. If I knew more Irish folk songs, I'd make suggestions from that genre.

By the way, Vanity, nice avatar.

vanity

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 11:15PM »

-sing song- Oh Orlaghhhhh... lol Wink

Haha, speaking of...
The first time I ever heard that song, when Annie Lennox sings the line, "What can you see on the horizon? Why do the white gulls call?," and whatnot, I seriously thought she sang, "Why do the white girls call?". I was like, what in the world was that about? lol! Cheesy

Oh, and thanks Celeste, for the compliment! I loves me some Chloë!! Wink

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 02:32PM »

How about "I Want To Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Delaney

so-called chaos

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 06:07PM »

MY HEART WILL GO ON- by Celine Dion

remeber... from Titanic!!!

...lost in the darkness of my own circumstance, criticizing echoes leaving me awake in the night... the barrier and blockades that keep me safe&in control while I pretend that Im ok...
vanity

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 09:16PM »

MY HEART WILL GO ON- by Celine Dion

remeber... from Titanic!!!

I'm glad you mentioned this! I'm kind of on the fence about this one, though. For the past couple of days I've been thinking about how much I'd LOVE to hear Celtic Woman's rendition of Céline Dion's "My Heart Will Go On". However, being a die-hard Celine Dion fan since forever practically, lol, I don't know if I can hear anyone else singing it but her. I know it would be amazing, and there's no doubt I'd love it, but I'm SO in love with both Celtic Woman and Céline Dion that I think I'd find myself fighting a battle in my head of who's better, lol.

raven_christina
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 10:47PM »

How about "I Want To Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles?
Oh yes! I like this one. I'd want to hear Chloe sing "Yesterday". That would be beautiful, and Lisa sing "Let It Be". Lynn could handle "Lady Madonna".
Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 05:27AM »

with the Theme of Beatles:

Lisa: If I fell
Chloe: Hey Jude
Lynn: You've got to hide your love away.
Alex: In My Life
Mairead: Eleanor Rigby Instrumental

Group: All you need is Love

Wickie xx

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: