Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Song in the new show  (Read 4046 times)
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« on: March 14, 2009, 07:41AM »

Oh, America

I absolutely LOVE this song!   Grin

I know in another thread someone asked what the lyrics are, I've thought about trying to write them down at the concert but can't because I'm too caught up in the song. If anyone is able to actually get the lyrics during the show I'd be amazed.

Last night in Radio City Chloe gave an even longer introduction then usual, which was really cool.  Apparently Brendan Graham was in the audience as well.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 11:47PM by aislin » Logged

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 02:42PM »

I despertly wish that on the new DVD they have Chloe do the introduction so I know what she says!
cjensen

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 10:38PM »

There were many touching moments related to this song.

Prior to performing this song, Chloe made a beautiful intro on behalf of Celtic Woman.
As with so many others at Ellis Island, Chloe thanked America for welcoming Celtic Woman to this country
and making it feel like their home away from home.

The song was then beautifully performed with so much emotion.

The result? ...... a standing ovation by everyone in the house, ..... many with a tear in their eyes!

BRAVO Celtic Woman, BRAVO!!!!!

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 11:51PM »

I went back through and changed the name of this thread, that required me to edit every post. The title of a new song is a spoiler and by putting it in the subject of the thread you cause a spoiler to appear on the main forum index every time someone replies.

aislin
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 07:05AM »

I'm with you, Joe. How could anyone remain in their seat after that song.   Of course, I can't stay in my seat after ANY song they do.  Every one of them deserve a standing Ovation!!  One may think it loses the significance by doing it after each song, but I truly cannot think of a single moment that doesn't deserve the SO.  Come to think about it,  I don't know why they even give us seats!!! Cheesy Wink Cheesy Wink

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 01:29PM »

Prior to performing this song, Chloe made a beautiful intro on behalf of Celtic Woman.
As with so many others at Ellis Island, Chloe thanked America for welcoming Celtic Woman to this country

I'm such a sucker. I read that any my eyes teared up. What is gonna happen when I see the song for the first time?! lol
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 01:34PM »

I'm such a sucker. I read that any my eyes teared up. What is gonna happen when I see the song for the first time?! lol

Better bring some Kleenex. I heard it for the fourth time last night in Baltimore and I got even more emotional this time! Roll Eyes

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 01:35PM »

Make sure and bring kleenex.  Maybe they need to sell that at the concerts because it'd go fast.

Seeing the song performed live and hearing Chloe make the introduction is just, well powerful.  This is one of those songs that will be great to see on a DVD, but you won't get the full impact unless you see it live.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 01:51PM »

Seems to me that I was staring at her whenever I hear her.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
cjensen

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 04:24PM »

Make sure and bring kleenex.  Maybe they need to sell that at the concerts because it'd go fast.

Seeing the song performed live and hearing Chloe make the introduction is just, well powerful.  This is one of those songs that will be great to see on a DVD, but you won't get the full impact unless you see it live.
Every July 4th, there are one or two celebrations that are broadcast nationwide.
Celtic Woman should perform "America" at one of these broadcasts.
Once such celebration is from Boston with the Boston Pops orchestra & takes place on the Charles River.
Fireworks afterwards.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: