Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baltimore  (Read 7092 times)
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« on: March 18, 2009, 07:51AM »

Here are some thoughts from a very tired, but very contented Zee!!

My mom and I left early from work to make the 1 1/2 hr.drive to Baltimore for the show. Luckily, rush hour traffic was not that bad and we arrived safely, parked our car, and proceeded to Lucy's Irish Pub for dinner. I had made reservations over a month ago and it was a good thing because you had to have them to be seated. That place was hopping! (Surprise,Surprise). The pub is located in an old building dating back to around 1847 and the atmosphere was really neat. Our waiter came over and introduced himself. His name was.................PATRICK!  and a very nice young man he was. Mom and I both ordered the Shepherd's Pie which was delish but I must admit fell short of the Shepherd's Pie at the Emerald Loop in Chicago! That didn't stop us both from polishing off our platters,however. LOL And, of course,I had to have my Irish Coffee to finish off the meal! The Hippodrome was directly across the street from Lucy's so mom and I headed over for the show. We were shown to our seats - center section,third row and were greeted by Scott,Scott,and Davey from Mairead's forum. The theatre is beautiful. I think this is the kind of venue that best suits our ladies - intimate and classy! There were several empty seats in the row behind us but,otherwise, it looked like a full house. The lights dimmed and the show began.

I don't think I have anything earthshattering to add regarding the show itself. It has been pretty well covered in other reviews but here are some thoughts:

Mairead - a ball of energy,as usual. Nobody can get an audience involved like that lady.

Chloe -  what a sweetie. She is such a joy to watch on stage. Her enthusiasm is contagious. And her voice just gets better and better every time I hear her.

Lynn - can that lady hit those high notes! Good thing nobody was holding a crystal goblet in their hands! LOL Plus, she really is making contact with the audience more and more.

Alex - she has the most amazing smile. It just lights up her whole face and she's a knockout in that blue gown! Shocked Shocked Oh yeah..she can carry a tune! LOL

Lisa - what a beautiful,classy act! What can I say - she has it all and then some!

The audience did Baltimore proud. Lots of standing ovations,hooping and hollering. A vast difference from my concert in Baltimore last year when the audience sat on their hands except when they were digging into their popcorn! I think a lot had to do with the venue.

Okay - show over and time for the Meet & Greet. We were ushered to a room backstage. On the way, Niall from the choir stepped off an elevator and I said "great show" and he smiled and thanked me. We were taken into a room where I notice a long table with 5 chairs . Could it be? Will we have the luck of the Irish on St.Patrick's Day and meet all 5 ladies?Huh

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had brought both my IOH and ANJ programs so I was prepared. Mom and I got in line. Rachel recognized me (I wonder why?? LOL) and extended her hand. We talked about the girls' ringing of the closing bell on the NYSE and she said it was a lot of fun. Lynn was the first one up and she is even prettier than onstage and I told her I loved "Carolina Rua" and go around humming it and she said "so do the other girls" ! LOL  Next up was Mairead who gave her usual flashing smile and hearty handshake. On to Alex. I just had to tell her what a beautiful smile she had and how her eyes twinkle . She is such a sweetie! Next up, Chloe. She smiled, shook my hand and said " It's good to see you again,Susan" It always blows me away that the girls can remember anyone's name with all the fans they meet. I told her once again how much I thought her voice had matured and that it just gets better and better. I then turned to Lisa and said " Your voice is okay too" to which we all had a good laugh! Lisa remembered me from Chicago. Of course, in between, I was introducing my mom to all of them and they couldn't have been lovlier to her. They complimented her outfit. My mom got all the fashion genes in the family!

We drove home - tired but extremely happy campers! The only ingredient missing to the perfect Irish Stew was Orlagh. I miss her!! Even my mom made a comment about missing her. We love you Orlagh! Please come back to us soon.

Wow - this turned out to be longer than I expected. So much for my "few" thoughts!

A contented Zee

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:38AM by SusanZ » Logged

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:57AM »

Okay - show over and time for the Meet & Greet. We were ushered to a room backstage. On the way, Niall from the choir stepped off an elevator and I said "great show" and he smiled and thanked me. We were taken into a room where I notice a long table with 5 chairs . Could it be? Will we have the luck of the Irish on St.Patrick's Day and meet all 5 ladies?Huh

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!  All 5 ladies!!  That's better than hitting the lottery!!  (well, almost    Wink)
Way to go Zee!  Now we're all a bit jealous.

Brad T

Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 08:00AM »

Great review Zee,

I'm glad to hear that you mom and you had a fantastic time.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Celeste

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 08:06AM »

WOW!!!  All 5 ladies!!  That's better than hitting the lottery!!
Way to go Zee!  Now we're all a bit jealous.

Very much so! It is better than hitting the lottery.

I do wish that they would bring in all five girls in for every M&G. It improves the odds of meeting one's favourite performer considerably. Smiley

Thank you for a lovely reminiscence.

Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 08:11AM »

All five?!?!?!?!  Shocked
Wow! I envy you Zee!

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
dougfrombaltimore

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 08:45AM »

Thanks for the post Zee. Can't wait until tonight ! I hope the crowd is just as enthusiastic ! It will be a first time for me, and I will write critique on this thread tomorrow  Doug
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 09:40AM »

Way to go Zee!!   I'm so glad for you and your mom!  And I love the comment to Lisa!!! I always think that regardless of what I  say to the girls I know they have heard it a hundred times before-- in this case, probably not!!!  LOL LOL  With Lisa's sense of humor I'm betting they reminded her several times of what you said.  They certainly are 5 wonderful and sweet ladies-- and yep, I am totally jealous!!!   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy Wink

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 11:48AM »

Zee, I am beyond happy that you and your mother got to meet all FIVE ladies!  You certainly deserved it.  I loved your review, thank you!!!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
raven_christina
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 12:12PM »

All five of them... wow. We should all be so lucky. Awesome Zee!
sharon

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 06:54PM »

Oh My......you are one lucky lady having met all 5 ladies TWICE this  year!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, I am jealous, but none the less....very happy for you!!  (Do you think you can bring some of your luck with you to Cleveland??)  LOL

Sharon
dougfrombaltimore

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 09:53PM »

Just got home from the Baltimore Show. Wow, am I happy. I'm ready to see them again !
My seats were better then I thought, I was in the 6th row in the orchestra section. Perfect !

I'll start by saying that my experience with CW is limited, as I first saw them on PBS last November. I was impressed so I bought the New Journey and the Christmas DVD, and I have watched them 60+ times on a high tech home theater system. My concerns before the concert were mostly how the sound quality would compare to one of the best produced (Slane Castle) DVD's I had ever seen, and without a the orchestra, how they would sound.

I was especially concerned about a few songs, like Orinaco Flow, where the strings and french horns do so much in the piece. I was very pleased to find every song sounded superb. The electronic keyboard on top of the piano was used to create the sounds when needed.

The show was a real treat. A good mix of music. Chloe sounded better then ever. Her voice really matured and it was obvious in the richness of her lower notes. After listening to Meav's Danny Boy 60 times, I was hoping that the 4 part harmony would be just as good. WOW, it was the best piece in the show !! I have some musical and vocal training, and if I have ever heard a song harmonized perfectly. it was this one. It gave me chills.

The lighting was excellent. The Choir sounded great (you would have guessed there were more then 6).
Mairead was UNBELIEVABLE !! Talent, energy, personality..... she has it all ! I loved every song, and wanted more when it was done. I will be the first in line, if they tour again in my area. If there is anything at all, that I would like to see different...... I would have loved more a'cappella harmony. Since Danny Boy put a lump in my throat, and a chill in my spine, I want more !

What a show. For those waiting to see it, you will be more then pleased !  Doug
dougfrombaltimore

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 06:40AM »

By the way, the crowd was fairly responsive, with serveral standing O's especially towards the end of the show. There was one gentleman , about the 3rd row, reddish color hair with a beard, who showed his support and enthusiasim, with several standing O's..... just a guess, but was that you Jim ?    Doug
mainopsman

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 04:40PM »

SusanZ, has expressed the feelings of all of us who attended one either the 17th or 18th.  I attended on the 18th.  To expand her comments here would be a poor effort on my part. Doug, my seat was in the first row, end seat right in front of the band, what a fantastic view of our ladies and the stage.  Well, I am still recovering from last night's unbelievable show.   Needless to say I was over whelmed by the show and being that close to our ladies.  There were a few of the songs that had me a bit misty eyed, with their content and the beauty of the way they were performed.

All five were at the meet and greet.  What a fantastic experience.  Lisa told me that she could see me singing along with the music, (and I must admit it was true. I was very quietly singing, not even the person next to me heard me).  My answer to her was “how could someone help not singing along, their music was so much a part of us”.  They were warm, genuinely friendly, gracious, very lovely and took time with everyone.  I told Mairead about my 10 year old grand daughter taking up the violin because of her and that she already doing solos at school. Mairead, seemed pleased by that and offered some advice for me to pass on to her. What a sweet and gracious lady. I think my grandson has fallen in love with Chloe.  He talked with her a lot longer then the others and had a smile from ear to ear the whole time.   I like Susan and her mother still missed Orlagh

All I could really say when we left the theater was, WOW!!!!  Maybe in a few weeks my feet will touch the ground again!!!

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
mainopsman

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 04:50PM »

I just received a questionnaire from MPT about the show.  One of the questions that was asked was “How would you feel about the new DVD being done at Red Rocks.  Hmmm, is this a hint?  I’m sure the DVD will be out for the winter fund raising season.  Let’s hope!!

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
dougfrombaltimore

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 05:20PM »

Jim, I just got the same questioneer. The only suggestion I had at all was more A'cappella harmony like Danny Boy ! Red Rock CO, would be quite a long trip to see the taping, but I would love to be there for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: