Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you love your favourite CW-Lady('s)?  (Read 17115 times)
tc84
Total Fanatic

"Everywhere you go let your dreams surround you!"

« on: March 20, 2009, 04:18AM »

Everyone has a different sense and taste for/of music. Music talks to us in different languages... If we understand the language, we get touched. If we don't understand the language, we might still love it but won't get touched...

I for myself got touched by Órlagh’s Méav’s and Lisa’s voices and I adore all three of them but I don’t forget about Alex, Chloë, Deirdre, Hayley, Lynn and Máiréad! I love them but I’m not touched...I hope you get me right!!!

My first favourite is Órlagh as most of you already know...  I think I don’t have to explain again to you how and why I adore and love her that much for her music and her lovely kindness...

Méav: She is just wonderful and her voice touched me the first time I heard it! She seems to be a wonderful lovely and kind woman as all the other CW-Lady’s are but there is something more about her that touched me what I can’t explain!

Lisa: She was actually the first CW-Lady I discovered... I started to cry when I first heard “Caledonia”. She made me cry again when I first heard “Send me a Song”... I was sitting right in front of the TV and cried – she touched my heart with her emotions in her voice and I love and adore her for that!

I’m really looking forward to read about your feelings and opinions!!
It’s about all CW-Lady’s past and present!!

Lots of love!!
coco x
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 04:24AM by Coco84 » Logged

"I think as a women we have so many other things to do in life, very important things, but also we have to be mothers and to support our children and guide them. Because (...) we all need guidance, don´t we?"
(C Zeta Jone 2005)
secret_fan

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 07:06AM »

Chloe is my fav. I first saw CW in the Christmas show on PBS and I thought that Chloe was the best singer I had ever heard. And the fact that she is so beautiful just confirmend it for me. I have seen her and CW in concert twice and this last time I got to meet here at a M&G as well as getting several looks and some attention from her on stage. OMG she is down right HOT in person. She is so very sweet and approachable. Not shy at all and very open to discussions. I hope to see here again at a M&G.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 12:04PM »

I have two favorites: Máiréad and Lisa. I can't choose between them. Just when I think I like Máiréad better than Lisa or vice versa, I change my mind, so I've just decided that I like them both equally and they are both my favorites. Cheesy

I love Máiréad because she is Máiréad. LOL. She's energetic, beautiful, and so exciting to watch. She's brilliant.

I love Lisa because her voice is my favorite, and in my opinion she has the most expression and emotion on stage. She connects with you immediately.

The thing about Máiréad and Lisa is that I liked them both instantly when I first saw them. Upon seeing them both, I knew right then and there that one or both of them would become my favorite(s). I felt immediate connections with both of them when I first watched CW on TV.

So yeah, that's that. Máiréad and Lisa whoooooooooo!!!!!!  Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
BigDave

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 12:24PM »

I have several favorites, but I'll just highlight Alex right now.  I think Alex has an amazing voice and is a wonderful performer, but the biggest thing was what I witnessed at my first CW concert.

When Alex performed in Manchester a couple of weeks ago she had a few of these precious moments.  There was this cute little blond girl (probably about 6 years old) sitting on the front row.  The little girl was jumping up and down and skipping up and down the aisle during several of the group numbers.  Alex did several little things things to show attention to the little girl throughout the show.  Several times while performing I saw Alex look directly at her, or give a little wave of the hand. I never saw Alex smile bigger than when she was looking at her.  In some ways it was like she was performing just for the little girl and the rest of us were privileged enough to witness it.  I was completely awed that Alex would reach out to her in that way that and it instantly left a very deep impression on me.  Hopefully one day I'll be able to see her at a M&G and tell her how much it meant to me.
Celeste

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 12:37PM »

I agree with secret_fan. Chloe is by far my favourite. She is the reason I follow Celtic Woman.

She has the most beautiful voice IMO -- a pure, sweet, crystalline soporano, which is to my ears the ideal sound for the female voice.

She is the most gorgeous of all, with a fairy-tale princess look that one seldom (if ever) sees in the media anymore. It is a look that would have been idealized in any century prior to the 20th, but has been virtually banished in our modern age.

Her movements are the most captivating. Her speaking voice is magical -- a breathy, girlish voice with a melodic Irish lilt.

And she is a splendid role model for young women today, who face inordinate pressure to starve themselves and develop eating disorders because of the underweight images promoted by the androgyny-loving fashion and film industries. Chloe is a welcome relief from the unnatural gauntness of the celebrities who appear on magazine covers, in advertising, and in TV and movies. As the YouTube descriptions put it so well, Chloe shows young girls today "that they don't need to be anorexic to be beautiful and successful, but can be even more gorgeous at a naturally curvy size." And that is a blessing of inestimable value.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 02:43PM by Celeste » Logged

kat
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 01:00PM »

Honnest I like them all because it come's from there heart and like the ritme. They can really singing and not quacking like some singers.
There music is such a insperation,calming and gives me a smile at my fase the same time.
Lisa's voice sounds in my ears as a shoulder to cry on and like it's ok you can do it.  
Meav her voice have something playfull while she sings
With Chloe is like she said " it don't matter you belong here , don't listen what others say"  
Mairead is like what the most would say "mairead is just typical mairead" , for me she put a smile on my face ( in the meanwile i'm thinking of her she go or she did it agian)
Orla's voice while she sings is like " he listen i have something to tell and keeps the listners listen
With Lynn is for me like discovering and have  
Alex is to soon to tell but what i had hear i like it
Al together is easy to dreaming .
raven_christina
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 02:31PM »

I got into CW because of Chloe. My absolute faves are (in order) Chloe, Lynn and Lisa.
Chloe. I remember watching her in "Spanish Lady" and seeing how much fun she was having. I thought, wow, she is so beautiful. I love Chloe because she and I are only a year or so apart in age, and it boggles my mind that she is so, so talented. It makes me believe (and helps me through my day) that I too, can be that successful if I work hard and keep my dreams in my sights. Not only that, she has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard. Hearing her can make me feel so emotionally charged.
Lynn. Lynn, I have only seen through videos on YouTube, and have heard singing, both on TGJ and on her album. Lynn is a writer (a song writer, true) and I think that's why she is my second favorite. I understand what it's like to have that creative process, and to be able to take words and turn them into something beautiful and meaningful. I also love how quiet she seems, but with that tiniest hint of mischief in her eyes, almost like she's in on a joke that only she knows. Her dedication to her fans, and to her work is inspiring. Her voice can make me smile.
Lisa. Lisa is my favorite because of how much her voice affects me. True, Chloe and Lynn's voices affect me, but Lisa's really tugs at my heart. In example, it doesn't matter where I am, or what I'm doing; I could be at work up to my elbows in dirty lab dishes, but when "Send Me A Song" comes on, I choke up. Heck, I'm getting a little teary thinking about it right now. To me, Lisa sings the love songs, not just romantic love, but familial and friendship love too. Not only that, she always seems to have a level head on her shoulders, and I really admire that.
I do love Orla, Hayley, Meav, Alex and Mairead in their own ways. Each of the girls means something to me, and I love them all dearly, but these three girls hold a special place in my heart, and they always will.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 02:40PM »

Lisa!!

Besides being beautiful, talented, gratious she is LISA. What more can be said.

There is also Orla. Another beautiful, talented, gratious and compassionate. When her fingers touch the harp, its all over.

Speaking of which, Mairead's fiddle playing is the best there ever was, better than Charlie Daniels. (He doesn't dance and lets face it, Mairead is much better looking.)

Each one of the ladies have qualities I love so saying which is my favorite is next to impossible.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
BlueFawn

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 09:47AM »

Orlagh's voice has always touched me in a special way, it's one of those unexplainable things.

Delaney

so-called chaos

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 05:40PM »

i just have always loved lisa! um her songs are just amazing! she really picks the right ones! um shes so talented and amazing! she waved to me and smiled a few times at me so i have to love her!! haha no but i just have always really liked her! I LOVE YOU LISA!!!!!!!<3

i also love mairead because we had a convo for like 10 minutes and we were both so into it!! =) she's alos like a god on the fiddle!=)

...lost in the darkness of my own circumstance, criticizing echoes leaving me awake in the night... the barrier and blockades that keep me safe&in control while I pretend that Im ok...
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 05:43PM »

Meav. Pure and simple. I can't really explain it though. I think it's because if it wasn't for Meav I'd never had known about CW due to the channel flipping, finding the first concert and going "Hey, Meav's on tv!"
AngusGibson

Ireland is calling me...

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 08:28PM »

Lisa is my favorite. (I'll also say Mairead is, too, but it's really unfair, IMHO, to compare fiddle players and vocalists together). The first video I ever saw was Lisa singing "The Voice," and I was immediately smitten. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this on the forum before, but I have this shameful quality where I will dislike a song immediately when I hear it until I begin to get used to it - I'm repulsed at first. In other words, the song is "guilty until proven otherwise." That quality was nowhere in sight when I heard Lisa sing. Right off the bat, I loved the song and the voice singing it.

Going from the outside in.

Lisa is gorgeous! She looks like an angel and walks as such! She has one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen. I can't get over how easy it is for my breath to be taken away whenever I see her (in person or on dvd).

Her voice has what I call a very "motherly" voice. As an amateur author, one recurring theme in some of my stories is the relationship between a mother and child as it is one of the most powerful types of relationships in existence. When I heard Lisa's voice, I immediately pictured her singing a lullaby to a baby, and that image inspired me in so many ways. Her crystal clear, soprano voice has a beautiful quality that matches her lovely smile.

She has the uncanny ability to connect with her audience, which is a trait sorely missed by most vocal soloists. When I saw her in Knoxville, she made eye-contact with me several times throughout the concert. Sitting in the orchestra pit, making eye-contact with my favorite Celtic Woman, and singing along with her, I felt like the song was a duet between her and myself. This is an experience I shall never forget.

One of the most important parts of her that make her my favorite is her heart. When you hear her at an interview or read about her personal life, you will find that she is a very kind, down-to-earth individual. Despite her success, she still remains thoughtful and kind to her fans. Meeting her was an absolutely wonderful experience. She was an absolute sweetheart, and was very kind to me.

I'm probably preaching to the choir now, and some of you have probably heard me explain myself thousands of times (sorry!). Therefore, I will conclude by saying Lisa is a gem and I'm so unbelievably glad to have met her (and I hope to meet her again in June)!

Thanks Lisaholic nr1!

Thanks Guardian of the Rose!
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 10:18AM »

When I first saw the concert at the Helix in Dublin on PBS - I was touched by the overall sense of peace that the music had on me, then I was struck by CHLOE, being so young, and having such a beautiful voice, and such graceful stage presense.  In watching the same show over, and over, and in subsequent shows I have singled out my favorites, and found that I love them ALL for DIFFERENT reasons.

I still love Chloe - her voice and etherial quality still strike me as ABSOLUTE BEAUTY - inside and out!

I next was drawn to Lisa - here voice quality is soooooo clear, she sings like a BELL, crisp, clear, precisely on-tune, and her SPIRIT shines through!

Then, being a little (lot) overwhelmed at the time with personal difficulties, and just a little  "spiritually lacking"  temporarily, I was drawn to Orla and her harp, and found peace, spiritual renewal, joy, beauty, grace, and home-spun satisfaction, which was  "healing" to me.

This is not to say that I wasn't enjoying all the other girls - because I was - but the three mentioned above touched me the most.

Enchanted

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 12:06PM »

I would have to agree with AngusGibson and many others who said Lisa.  From the beginning she has captivated me.  I have not had the honor to see her in person or met her yet, but nonetheless I have felt "touched" as Coco describes each time I watched and/or listened to her sing.  The question that was asked though was why...?  Perhaps the song "How" by Lisa Loeb answers the question best when she says "...it's like how does your heart beat, why do you breathe."
Enchanted
edtom

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 01:44PM »

My favorite member of Celtic Woman is beautiful, charming, talented, personable, sweet and gracious.
That, of course, describes all the ladies of Celtic Woman, past and present.
But in this case I mean Lisa.

I love Celtic Woman
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: