Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you love your favourite CW-Lady('s)?  (Read 17335 times)
sioned

celtaholic, pleidiol rwyf im gwlad,cymru

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 07:21PM »

i blame chloe and mairead for my CW obsession  Cheesy

listening to chloe has helped me  a great deal through a pritti ruff time of illness and by listening to her i began to listen to the others and so it gose on!!   my insbirations to sing and write music  my teacher saw a significant change in me after i went back to school ( i had started listening to CW) my confidence increased and drive to be the best i could.      soo thank the lord and david downes for bringing the outstanding voices together  Smiley

Music is the light,that shines and guides your soul.Embrace it with every fiber in your being!!!!

I'r sawl a roddaf lawer , bydd disgwyl llawer ganddynt.

thanx to scott for the banner Cheesy
vanity

A vida é moi curta! Facelo Musical!

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 11:43PM »

I love Chloë and Lisa the most, myself.

I don't know why, but from the very start I was instantly drawn to Chloë. She's so angelic and pure. Her voice truly reminds me of an angel. She's also a flawless beauty, as they all are, but it's not like that matters. Most of all, she just reminds me of myself. She's fun and playfull, caring and sensitive, and we have the same body type, lol.

Lisa just blows me away. I think I like her solo songs in Celtic Woman the most. Also, I think with my singing ability my voice matches hers best, and that just automatically draws me to her. That, and of course her amazing heart of gold.

Kaneyoshi

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 06:12AM »

My favorite member of Celtic Woman is Máiréad. She is a beautiful, energy, amazing, talented, sweet and gracious Women. I like it, when she's dances over the floor and the people inspires. She plays so beautiful her violin.

Best wishes
Udo

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
secret_fan

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 06:44AM »

She is awsome. I was in the front row at a show this year and I got "the look" from here it was awsome. Of corse that also caused the guy behind me to slap me in the back but o well.

My favorite member of Celtic Woman is Máiréad. She is a beautiful, energy, amazing, talented, sweet and gracious Women. I like it, when she's dances over the floor and the people inspires. She plays so beautiful her violin.

Best wishes
Udo

CelticViolist

~Member of the GCHS Orchestra~

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 07:52AM »

Mairead mostly. She plays so fast and is so smooth when she just runs down the ramp. I hardly hear any mistakes...
I have other friends who play violin. I have to say that she''s the best violin player I have ever heard. Her and Yo Yo Ma (Really he plays cello, but who cares? He plays a string instrument... lol)

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 08:16PM »

Smiley   Smiley   Smiley   Smiley   Wink   Cheesy

I absolutely love to read this post thread. . . . All the expressions of love and appreciation for C W are so heartwarming and revealing of what music means to each and everyone of us. No one to may knowlege has ever grabbed my singing ears, or listening ears like these ladies can. It is a comination of charm, incredible pitch, tones I have never heard another singer reach in any capacity. They are sincere, wholesome, winsome, beautiful, and we could endlessly go on and on about them . They are simply the best. Why are they not featured on the COVER of TIME, or PEOPLE or NEWSWEEK. Why have they not been interviewed by Barbara Walters or Katie Couric? C W is something we need to appreciate and enjoy with each passing day, as Orla, the Irish Goddess of the Harp and Polished vocals, and Meav, our lovely Celtic songbird have already sought other dimensions. These Gaelic songs have a way of attaching to your subconscious and bring you such joy and celebration of life-even if you don't know what they are saying...! ! !
Lisa . . . .Orla . . . .Chloe    . . . .Lynn . . . .Hilary . . . .Diedre  . . . Mairead . . .Meav. . . .      

If I was told I could only bring one CD with me Whose would it be and how could I make that choice? I can listen to each one of them all day-every song repeating itself throughout the day. I crave to hear Lisa sing
"Send me a  Song"...or Orla to play her harp and sing "The Water is Wide" or Mairead play ANYTHING...all of her playing is superb....or Chloe singing "The Prayer song...I can't talk about Lynn, Hilary, or Diedre since I have not listened to them.. but the ONE Choice I would have to bring with me if I was restricted ( Thank God, I'm not) is The Celtic Song Bird....Meav Ni Mhaolchatha...Her voice and songs transport me right into a nother dimension-she is the most beautiful expressive pure soprano voice that can make singing difficult lilting Gaelic melodies sound so easy. You don't cringe when she takes the HIgh NOTEs...but you are right up there with her...She can guide you all around Celtic Country from scene to scene, song to song, and those of you who do not have her own ALBUMS are missing a part of your lives you didn't possibly know that was there. So for me it would have to be Meav the Celtic Songbird from Ireland.   

PS..I don't want to forget to mention the wondrous Hayley Westenra and her incredible voice..especially  singing "Last Rose of Summer" with Meav. . . .( my choice)
Shankdee                                 .

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Kallan

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 03:38AM »

I think the world of them all but Lisa is my absolute favorite.  My first exposure to her was a few months ago, seeing her singing 'The Voice' on the local PBS station and I was instantly captivated.  It was almost surreal.  It awakened feelings in me long dormant or locked away.  I can't remember ever being so moved and then when I saw her sing 'May It Be' several minutes later, it was really all over for me.  Her voice touches my heart, it's the most beautiful ever to grace my ears.  And AngusGibson couldn't have said it any better, she's absolutely gorgeous.  She has the face of an angel and the smile and grace to match.   She's kind and warm and sweet and giving.  She's simply an amazing woman and a consummate performer.  She moves and inspires me and hopefully some day in the (near) future I'll be lucky enough to meet her.

I think I'd be remiss, though, if I didn't at least mention Mairead.  Her talent is incomparable and her beauty and energy onstage is simply electric and I love watching her dance around and wave her bow like it's a magic wand.

They're all amazing and collectively, they're a phenomenon.  But Lisa will probably always hold the most special place in my heart.   Smiley

When the light begins to fade and shadows fall across the sea,
One bright star in the evening sky, your love's light leads me on my way.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 06:12AM »

It`s Mairead,MAIREAD, M*A*i*r*e*a*d*!!! The first time I saw them on PBS a couple of years back, I couldn`t believe what I was seeing.Obviousely the MOST BEAUTIFUL woman on the planet.That blonde hair, those eyes, THAT SMILE. I thought"how is it humanly possible for someone to be that incredibly PERFECT?Then I watched and listened to her perform and said, "yes, she really is perfect." Of course after a couple of years of being a CW fan, I love them ALL(past and present), but the little Fiddler Lady is my "special one".

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 07:51AM »

The first time I saw them on PBS a couple of years back, I couldn`t believe what I was seeing-KEVIN

Well, Kevin, even tho' they wanted us to choose...and I chose Meav for a lot of reasons, Mairead is the First One I wrote to after watching the DVD for the 3rd time. I was going to return the DVD to the library where I had checked it out, and I thought, well, I do like music, having been a singer myself, etc...and as I watched the different numbers, and they started to grow on me , I noticed this little dancing, twirling violinist, and I thought, wait a minute, I have never seen ANYTHING like this...so I watched her dance and skip so light on her feet, yet playing some beautiful sounds, smiling and seemingly to cast a sparkling invisible net over all the other performers-she was simply superb. !! Needless to say, the DVD was quite overdue by the time I returned it. I wrote to her because I wanted to tell her how much I enjoyed her skiil and performance and that she had a fan for life in Japan...My screen saver is that beautiful banner someone made of her in blue and white. So, CW wouild not be quite what it is without the years of skill and practice Mairead has bought to the scene.  Enjoyed your Post !!!

Wink   shankdee

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 08:49AM »

I know what you mean about Meav,the way her eyes get big at certain times during a number.But to have seen Mairead perform,first of all she really is STUNNING to look at but to actually watch her----she really does do all those leaps and twirls---in HEELS no less....and let`s face it,NOBODY plays fiddle like she does.She`s an extraordinary talent and she really exists---I`ve seen her! To pick a favorite is like saying "which one of your kids do you like best?"Ladies,we LOVE you all!

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 09:29AM »

Smiley    Wink    Cheesy   Kiss 
 Yes, we shouldn't really be making "Sophie's Choice" on this topic, You're quite right, Kevin....Because to Love, adore, appreciate, idolize one of them above the others is really not a good use of our brain...David is the man, and knew what he was doing, or was divinely guided to C R E A T E  CW....he had worked with these performers as individuals many times before, He knew what they were capable of, so he brought them into being as Celtic Woman. Chloe -he has worked with since she was a child, so his handiwork on that celestial creation is very evident. He takes raw talent and refines it, and with his genius of musical realms makes the talent into something commercial, yet very professional. He lovingly wrote some of the most tender -heart rending songs, and chose Lisa to vocalize them. She put her heart and soul into the songs, and the results are stunning, mouth dropping, can anyone really sing like that?  She can.l  Meav with her Gaelic Charm made American audiences fall inl ove with Gaelic lilting melodies-Just listen to "Sliver Sea" and you will be transported to another world. When you think back, she may be the re-incarnation of the world's first human song bird filling the air with her beautiful sounds. Orla Fallon speaks and sings of the mysterious legacy of Irish music and incorporated all the wisdom of her grandparents into polishing her songs with what has been called a hauntingly lovely voice, and it is no wonder Orla enjoys a wide, solid following of fans....she is Irish radiance=a shining star at her harp streaming out lovely sounds and melodies. SO, agreed this was a hard question, but people have risen to it and let one another know what C W means to them. I am looking forward to the new singers and new albums from all of the Present and former CW

Shankee

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 09:54AM »

.....and  we can`t slight the beauty and talent of Lynn and Alex.Seeing them perform in person(especially their solos) was magical.They`re absolutely WONDERFUL! We love you guys as much as the others. Don`t you just melt when you listen to them speak? Those Irish accents "do me in".My elderly neighbor was born and brought up in Dublin and I`m always asking her "how is this pronounced in Irish(Gaelic) or what does this mean?"She knows I`m a CW fan(she likes them ,too.) and told me "you have your eye on that fiddler, she`s very pretty". Gross understatemant, huh?

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 10:07AM »

Im gonna say chloe is my favorite. When i was first introduced to cw it was on the pbs christmas special and chloe was the first one i saw and heard and right then and their i was a fan. 
Chloe is just an outstanding girl all around.  Its hard to be so young and do what she does.  Finish school, take some college courses, tour for months on end etc.  She is just a very special lady and i respect her for that, and her voice. MY god what a voice that girl has, its beautiful and to her it just relax's me.
so its safe to say im a chloe fan. Grin

~ashley~
Don S

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 01:41PM »

It's nearly impossible to pick a favorite from all the members of Celtic Woman (past and present), so I won't.  All of them have something to hold me no matter what my mood is and all of them are great (I'm waiting for a CD from Alex to add to my collection though).

I will admit that Lisa's renditions of Caledonia and Send Me A Song have certainly helped me when I was feeling down, and Orla's voice and harp have calmed me down more than once.  Máiréad is without compare and is a joy to watch and listen to.

--
Don

Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 01:56PM »

I'll have to agree that it's really impossible to pick a favorite when they each have something special to offer, a special reason for us to love them.  I'm looking forward to hearing more from Lynn and Alex... the tour was my first exposure to them and I was thrilled with what I heard.  I adore Chloe's soft clear voice, and Lisa's "Send Me a Song" still gives me chills.  And then there's Máiréad, who's lovely to watch, full of infectious energy.  I've started playing "Granuaile's Dance" in the mornings to help me get moving, and oh does it!  Also, having seen the DVDs so much of late, I've found that I thoroughly enjoy Orla's and Meav's singing as well.

I look forward to seeing how the group will continue to grow and evolve, and how each performer will make their mark on the group.  Smiley

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: