Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you love your favourite CW-Lady('s)?  (Read 17112 times)
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 03:06AM »

Smiley  And Please everyone, go to Meav's section and vote in the "SILVER SEA" Poll....Thanks...I have already voted here
for the Celtic Songbird...Meav....the voice that could heal a nation....
Doesn't mean I don't idolize and play the others continually I do...I remember when there was an active link to "May it Be " on a record store site...I would click on it once or twice or more daily, until the link clinked.....fritzed,...or what ever you say. Orla can make an afternoon sitting at the computer so enjoyable, you don't even know you're working. Orla enjoys a solid, wide fan base-she is the Irish Goddess of harp and song. Lisa'a album is nearly worn out, and I give it as gifts.
Her smile and her appearance that she actually enjoys singing and performing makes it such a pleasure to watch her "at work" ( her work)...Chloe's songs, can liven up any day, any time --her pferfect voice slides into songs and it seems so effortless on her part...I truly love them all...and am hoping to get better acquainted with the NEW ones...Lynn and Hilary.
I think Rich has a soft spot in his heart for Diedre, so I plan to listen more to her on his recommendation! ! ! He is so great to teach me things, and answer my questions...he even taught me how to make the SILVER SEA poll!!! what a MOD ! ! !

shankdee[/
color]

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 04:36AM »

Just a quick one here----you didn`t mention the lovely name of MAIREAD, I just love hearing it.Iknow,it was only a slip.But you`ve probably already figured out that  ..    I BE MAIREAD CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I tend to get that way over her.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 07:49AM »

Huh  Kevin...you are absolutely right, I don;'t know what got into me...go to the post that says 3 years, by Nick in Denver-he is talking about his 3 year anniversary of being a CW fan, and I was answering him. There you will see I did NOT forget the Angel at the TOP of the Tree...the beloved ball of Celtic energy that radiates skill, talent, and positive vibes , like an invisible tapestry over the David Downes' creations of C W....mea culpa...I love and adore Mairead and I am her number one fan in Japan!! Thanks for the heads up.. . .

Shankdee

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 08:01AM »

Yes, I had already seen that post.Don`t worry, all is forgiven. It`s just that I`ll jump at ANY opportunity to praise "my SPECIAL one".It`s the O.C.F.F.D. that kicks in,you see.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 08:09AM »

I was really interested in this topic when I saw what Coco had said.   The thing about this forum that is absolutely amazing, and wonderful, is the fact that no one compares their favorite to the others.  It's all praise, as it should be, for each and every member of CW that we see on stage and to those behind the curtains that we all know are responsible for what we do see.  And I know we all applaud them for a job done extremely well !!  That said, my favorite is still Lisa. LOL-- Why ?
  When she walks on stage I am in a trance from the beauty---- When she sings I am awed that there is such a voice on this planet--- and when she smiles it amazes me that there can be love like that radiated from one person to a world that so needs to be loved. I thank you, Lisa !

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
GEM58

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 09:05AM »

I love Celtic Woman because they all have an apparent love to entertain.  They enjoy what they do and it shows it their performances.  When you are lucky enough to get a seat in the first few rows, they make eye contact with you and you get the idea that they are singing directly to you.

I love Chloe because of her wonderful voice and her exuberance on stage.

I love Lisa because her voice is enchanting, almost angelic.  She also has a wonderful exuberance on stage. The first time I saw her was on PBS singing 'May It Be', and I said to myself 'Wow'.  She is beautiful and charming.  I hope she continues with the group for a long time. She is my favorite.

I love Mairead because she is fantastic with that violin, she is pretty and she performs all over that stage, not just in the center.  She gets everyone in the audience involved.

I love Orla and Meav because they both wonderful voices and add so much to the group.  And they are pretty.
All the girls are pretty and very talented.  To get them on the stage together is an accomplishment by David.
While watching them in concert, you feel almost supercharged.  Then almost sad when it's over.  I may be a glutton, but I believe I could see every concert and not get enough of it.
GEM58
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 10:01AM »

GEM58     8)v

I enjoyed your post so much and others too because all of you have such a way with words describing C W and your favorites....etc...the thing that bothers me, is WHY can't my family and my friends here feel the same way?  Why can they NOT see, worship, admire, crave, appreciate what people on this forum do + realization of the worth of C W, the listening pleasure they provide, watching Mairead and not be totally amazed?Huh? and so on....why is it so hard-like talking to a brick wall  trying to get our nearest and dearest to feel as we do.....Huh? sigh...
Thanks again for that beautiful post.

shankdee

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 10:09AM »

That`s why we have this forum,at least we have someone who listens to us....each other. By the way, I`d just like to add that we at times seem to leave "the new guys" out of the equation. I love Meav and Orlagh as much as anyone here but to have seen Lynn and Alex perform on stage.....well, they`ll just blow you away!Just sticking up for the "new guys".

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Jeannie

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 11:01AM »

Lisa: She was actually the first CW-Lady I discovered... I started to cry when I first heard “Caledonia”. She made me cry again when I first heard “Send me a Song”... I was sitting right in front of the TV and cried – she touched my heart with her emotions in her voice and I love and adore her for that! She is an awesome singer she makes you feel the song she enfolds you with her warm voice and her arms, I am completely taken in by her every time I see her she has captured my heart and soul like no other singer. I adore her she brings me peace when she sings.

Jeannie

Meow

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 12:36PM »

In no particular order:

Lisa:  I adore Lisa because I want to be like her - not a famous singer or anything (That would never happen to me haha!)  I mean her personality - Lisa is first and foremost sweet and caring.  But she is also happy with her life and not afraid to take chances.  I think a lot of people (including me) struggle with finding happiness because they are too afraid to take risks.  Lisa takes those risks - I'm not talking about foolish risks or anything like that, but rather than being held down by what is "safe and comfortable," she seems to live life to the fullest, while still finding time to care about others.  I want to be like that - and she is what motivates me to strive for that.

Mairead:  Mairead is the most expressive musician I have ever seen!  It is more than obvious what a connection she has with her music and her audience.  I am completely in love with music too, and watching (or listening to) Mairead gets me so excited because it inspires me to play more of my own music and do more arranging. 

Chloe:  I love Chloe because she is so incredibly kind and caring.  Chloe is all smiles all the time and really seems to love meeting her fans.  And in spite of her youth, she seems so mature!  She's just incredibly laid back and relaxed, and enjoys what life brings her!

Lynn:  Lynn seems to be the quiet one of the group, but that is also a blessing.  I think she's the quiet observer.  She is also incredibly kind and caring and seems genuinely interested in her fans.  She is the picture of grace!

Alex:  Another kind, intelligent, and highly talented person!  Alex has what I would call a "sweet spirit."  She, like Chloe, is all smiles all the time.  She is such a joy to watch and listen to and she just seems to have fun with everything and everyone!

This is why I love them all!  I don't think we could have asked for a better group!

Thanks Evita (Lisaniac #1) for both banners!!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 03:40PM »

Meow has said it best!  I (and everyone else) can`t say it any better.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Meow

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 04:29PM »

Meow has said it best!  I (and everyone else) can`t say it any better.
Wow!  Thank you!  Grin  I think what everyone has said shows how much they all mean to us!

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 05:41PM »

You`re welcome.I was so glad to see someone make mention of Lynn and Alex. Sometimes, it seems that they don`t always get the attention our others get. After seeing them perform on stage, THEY ARE CELTIC WOMAN,too...... and you described their qualities perfectly.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 10:15PM »

K E V I N    Huh

How can we talk about those we have NOT seen or heard? I have not seen either one of them, so naturally, they won't be in my POSTS until such time as I become acquainted with them...we are not foregtting them...just don't have any knowledge of them...Rich has me interested in listening to Deidre. . .  will those of you who DO know about them please post-thanks...I have to wait until RED ROCKS ~~  or   TULSA....

shankdee

Meow

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 10:31PM »

Kevin, thank you very much for your compliments!  I understand what you are saying about Lynn and Alex - I would like to see more people mention them too, but they are fairly new - I think that the longer they are with Celtic Woman, the more people will begin commenting on them too.  It just takes time.   Wink

Oh, and Shankdee, I don't think you will be disappointed - they are wonderful!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: