Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carolina Rua  (Read 27496 times)
MaryNorth93
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2009, 02:36PM »

I believe (I'm at work and will check when I get home) that the laugh comes from Eve or Eva Mescall.  I would guess that she might be the daughter or niece of Don Mescall who helped produce the album.
Yes the giggles are from Eve Mescall.  It's written in the credits at the back of Lynn's CD insert.

Thanks for the information Smiley Don't know or Lynn was first intended to have the giggles on her album, but I really like it  Cheesy
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2009, 03:57PM »

the giggles are very random in my opinion, but fit with the song  Smiley

ferngully
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2009, 09:29AM »

its really growing on me, i have to say
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2009, 11:41AM »

to be honest, the giggles were really strange to me at first but now I have a different perspective on the song and the giggles are adorable!

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
t_eric

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2009, 06:16PM »

I didn't even notice them until I read this topic. Cheesy You have to turn the volume up pretty high!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2009, 09:08AM »

Cheesy I don't notice it every time, but I have heard it a few times...I adore the song...it is so lively and a good way to express a "crush" as we used to  call it...

Lynn sings it so beautifully and has a big following for singing it from what I have gathered..

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2009, 04:53PM »

I believe (I'm at work and will check when I get home) that the laugh comes from Eve or Eva Mescall.  I would guess that she might be the daughter or niece of Don Mescall who helped produce the album.

As I said in my reviews, they should have Chloe do the giggles in the show!  Cheesy Grin

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2009, 05:27PM »

As I said in my reviews, they should have Chloe do the giggles in the show!  Cheesy Grin

That would be really cool!!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2011, 08:21PM »

I’ve been sitting at the computer ruminating on how much I miss Lynn.  Naturally, I was thinking about the songs I’ve heard/seen her perform, but the one that kept coming to mind was Carolina Rua, which is a perfect song to showcase her lovely voice and playful persona.  (Personally, I think the absolute perfect Lynn song would be Joni Mitchell’s Both Sides Now, but alas, I’ve not yet heard her perform it; maybe some day.)  I had the privilege to see her perform Carolina Rua a few times on the IOH Tour, and it’s on her Take Me With You CD.  She also performed it at Powerscourt, but it didn’t make it to the CD or DVD.  Thankfully, early last year, Amazon put a version on its website; a couple of resourceful Forumites got it on Youtube and the CWF.  Now, you can search through old Topics and messages for it like I just did, but if you need a more immediate Lynn fix, give a look - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0t2soS2Sj8

Enjoy,

Bob

P.S.  Thanks go to MaryN. And hesprit for preserving this gem for us.
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2011, 11:55PM »

P.S.  Thanks go to MaryN. And hesprit for preserving this gem for us.

Well, it was partly selfishness, I really wanted to have the video myself, and I figured others would as well.  Not only do I have the CD, but the video is saved on my computer and is on my mp3 player as well (yes, I finally moved into the new age and bought one that has a video screen ... small, but it's there! LOL)

Anyway, you're very welcome!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2012, 08:16PM »

This is another one that I like to get up and dance to. The giggles confused me a bit,at first, but I guess its okay not to outgrow the giggles.(If your a gal".)   Grin

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2012, 01:09PM »

I was fortunate enough to see three Celtic Woman concerts in 2009 and I always looked forward to Lynn singing Carolina Rua and do her cute little dance along with the song.  Mairead and her violin also added a nice touch.  Well choreographed.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: