Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Mo Ghile Mear"  (Read 14450 times)
raven_christina
« on: April 01, 2009, 12:39PM »

Ok.
I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH!!
I am literally, at the very moment, trying not to bounce out of my seat listening to this one. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!! I think my favorite bit is when it gets to one of my favorite CW lines ever:
"Ghile Mear
The Wind and Sun
The Sleep is over, Dream is done
To the West where fire sets
To the Ghile Mear, the day begun!!!!"
And right at the end, when then all hold that last.single.note. Pure poetry.
Ok, done now.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 01:02PM »

I agree!  I think this is one of the best CW group songs.  Everyone is involved and they all do a great job. 
celticheart18
Honorary Roadie

You'll always have my heart...

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 07:45PM »

I love this song too! My fave lines are:

Lift your voice and raise the sail
Know that love will never fail
Know that i will sing to you
Each night as i dream of you

I love this part because of the harmonies in the music absolutely GORGEOUS!
PDM1114
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 08:09PM »

I LOVE it, too.  But what I like best is hearing it live, Ray's drum will shake the seat you are in. Grin BOOM!
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 08:17PM »

This is definitely one of my favorite CW songs, and it's SO awesome live.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:39AM by CRRopes » Logged

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
celticheart18
Honorary Roadie

You'll always have my heart...

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 08:22PM »

I LOVE it, too.  But what I like best is hearing it live, Ray's drum will shake the seat you are in. Grin BOOM!
yes it does! it gave me chills when i heard him hit the initial beat and i grabbed my boyfriend's arm and scared him cause he had no idea what was going on!
raven_christina
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 10:24PM »

I scare myself when I play it in the car and crank it all the way up- we have an older car so the base shakes the rear view mirror. I like it. Grin
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 10:40PM »

When Ray hits that big drum the first time, it tends to get your attention.
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 08:27AM »

This is definitely one of my favorites. Hearing it live is the best. If you are fortunate enough to have closer seats, check out Des' reaction. He jumps everytime and he knows it's coming!

MaryNorth93
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 11:06AM »

It's indeed one of their best. All the women singing together, and the sound of Ireland just appears so strong in that song. Perfect melodies, the right voices for the right lines, and the instruments.  Cool
I have to agree with Chris, my favorite lines are also: You Brought the wind and sun,
                                                                         The Sleep is over dream is done,
                                                                          To the west were fire sets,
                                                                          To the ghile mear, the day begun.

It's a perfect after the drums, Ray and Nickey are just freaking amazing, and Mairead, the little elf who shows her beauty and sound. Wink

I love it Grin
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 11:53AM »

My biggest problem is I want to stand and clap through the entire song!!    In Toledo last year the members couldn't make it through without rising and getting into it-- the whole venue stood when we did and everyone was soooo into the number-- best time ever and the girls were even a little got when we stood but then they REALLY got into it to.  I will always remember that!!   That was when the lady behind me said, " You people are addictive!!" 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
kat
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 12:00PM »

It's a song that gives me a good mood and a smile on my face
sioned

celtaholic, pleidiol rwyf im gwlad,cymru

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 06:32PM »

ohhh tottaly agree with u i love this song such driving drum beats n wonderfull vocals  perffection

Music is the light,that shines and guides your soul.Embrace it with every fiber in your being!!!!

I'r sawl a roddaf lawer , bydd disgwyl llawer ganddynt.

thanx to scott for the banner Cheesy
raven_christina
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 08:50PM »

I played it at work yesterday. It was great.  Grin I even got one of my co-workers to borrow one of my CDs, she liked the song so much! Another convert, muahaha!
Rigatony60

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 04:18PM »

This is also my favorite song. It really gets me going when I am in the car. "Mo Ghile Mear" and "The Soft Goodbye" its a toss up.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: