Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Mo Ghile Mear"  (Read 14541 times)
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 11:51PM »

It's one of my favorites too.  It's one of those, "sure to make a CW fan smile" songs.  But when I saw them live,my grandmother saw it with me (after having triple by-pass on her heart just two months earlier) and the drum's "boom" freaked her out and made her jump.  Which in turn freaked me out because I was worried about her.  But she was fine thank goodness.  But I love this song.

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
Enchanted

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 11:10AM »

The first time I watched the "A New Journey" DVD, I got choked up when this song began.  I could feel that the show was coming to a close, and I did not want it to end.  This was indeed the last big ensemble number before they told us goodnight with "You Raise Me Up".  I still feel that way whenever I hear it.

I even chose my You Tube name, GhileMear250, in honor of it.  GhileMear was already taken, and I had just become Lisa Kelly's 250th fan on Facebook.  By the way, can anyone tell me the true translation of Mo Ghile Mear.  I know that it is a song written in honor of Bonnie Prince Charlie, but I have seen it translated both as "My Gallant Darling" and "My Dashing Darling".
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 01:23PM »

"Lift your voice and raise the sail
Know that love will never fail
Know that I will sing to you
Each night as I dream of you"
That is truly my favorite part of this song. It just makes my soul...soar, you know what I mean?

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 12:09PM »

''Know that I will sing to you each night as I dream of you'' took on a whole new meaning for me after seeing the girls from the front row and Lisa looking at Starman and me as she sang to us . . .

Marissa

Lisa Kelly of Celtic Woman

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 09:31AM »

Ever notice how the girls kinda smirk when everybody jumps as Ray smacks that drum? Haha, I bet they get a little kick out of it every time.

Can't find me in Minnesota? Check your inbox. I may be hidden within a bunch of spam. I may also be found falling off the face of the Earth, clinging on to Ireland, in my imagination, or along some text on a freshly updated blog. Smiley
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 11:51AM »

Ever notice how the girls kinda smirk when everybody jumps as Ray smacks that drum? Haha, I bet they get a little kick out of it every time.
Oh, yeah, the girls have said before (can't recall where) that they love watching the audience jump when Ray hits the drum.

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 04:22PM »

Have you checked out the video of Chloe learning Mo Ghile Mear from her teaching coach Sean who is teaching it to her so she can perfect the words in Irish(Gaelic)? Apparently she wasen`t fluent in Irish and needed to learn the words(this was probably  filmed when she was 15 or 16. ) There is absolutely nothing like hearing it  at a live concert.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 10:27AM »

I felt my seat vibrate when Ray hit the big drum and I was in the 3rd balcony. The people in front rows who weren't exspecting jumped. and after it got a standing O

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 06:08PM »

I have my first ever CW concert tomorrow and now I have something more to look forward to, hear Ray hit the bass drum.
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 10:17PM »

Oh my gosh, this song is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.  I don't know the right words to describe it.  It just makes me so happy when I hear it.  I love all of the lyrics but some of my favorite lines are from Orla's and Chloe's parts at the beginning:

"Leave the field and leave the fire
And find the flame of your desire
Set your heart on this far shore
And sing your dream to me once more."

I used to get teary eyed every time I heard Chloe's part!  I have no idea why.  It's just such an awesome song. 

Hearing it live is a billion times better, though!!!!!!!!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: