Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Three word story  (Read 181695 times)
celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #555 on: May 13, 2007, 08:59PM »

that was laying

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
TitanicCollies
« Reply #556 on: May 14, 2007, 05:26AM »

in the meadow
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #557 on: May 14, 2007, 11:42AM »

amidst the flowers

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
jsharp

« Reply #558 on: May 14, 2007, 01:40PM »

Chloe looked for

(I'm with Fiddle Addict. I used to contribute to this three times a day but now it's maybe three times a week. Not only does it not build on a funny, crazy storyline anymore, it doesn't even make sense within each SENTENCE. Random tangents are fun to me. Random words aren't.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 01:42PM by jsharp1701 » Logged

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #559 on: May 14, 2007, 04:39PM »

a way out

(Perhaps we should end this story, and start a new one that is fun but a bit more sensible?)

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #560 on: May 14, 2007, 04:41PM »

and finally found one. Thusly, everyone lived happily ever after until the rabid fans were able to start another one. The BBC fully expects it to be more sensible this time.
--What an ending, eh? Thrilling, I tell you.
The next person should probably set up some ground rules.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 04:44PM by Oscar Wilde » Logged

jsharp

« Reply #561 on: May 16, 2007, 07:48AM »

Didn't mean to kill the thread! I was just in a grumpy mood. I was right...but still!  Cheesy

There aren't "rules" beyond the three word limit. But there are ways to make it funny to read as a compiled story. The trick to this is to at least read the last few pages each time you come back so you can see what's going on. You can and should give it a complete left turn but it makes it more fun to read when its compiled if there is a little bit of continuity between turns. If George Clooney and the Easter Bunny are mentioned, for example, develop a few silly things for them to do or the CWs to say to them and mention when they are left behind or kicked out or killed off or whatever. Frequentlly this one's been reading like "Then an atomic bomb went off and Meav asked Richard Simmons to check the orange juice on the stock exchange while the sun rose in Galveston and kittens played in the peanut butter pies on Mars under Iron Maiden tickets as pigs fell up to sunflowers." That may be quirky on its own but 5000 words of that just becomes dictionary soup and has nothing to do with CW.

Boy, this grumpy thing is hard to shake...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 07:52AM by jsharp1701 » Logged

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

TitanicCollies
« Reply #562 on: May 16, 2007, 10:25AM »

You may have been grumpy Johnny but you are absolutely right.
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #563 on: May 16, 2007, 11:28AM »

Maybe we should limit the number of pages a story goes on.  It gets very complicated when attempting to read 39 pages of three-word entries. 

Maybe once we reach 10 pages, we should end the story and start another one. 

Just my 2 cents.  Grin

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
jsharp

« Reply #564 on: May 16, 2007, 01:52PM »

Maybe once we reach 10 pages, we should end the story and start another one. 
Just my 2 cents.  Grin
Or better yet, compile what's happened so far and let the story keep going. Trouble is, only a few nice people really want to do that.

Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #565 on: May 17, 2007, 05:56PM »

I think I compiled more than ten pages and it's pretty annoying after a bit.  I think we should definitely have a checkpoint for compilations - and take turns, or just whoever sees we've reached the limit first.  Also, we could have chapters - and try to keep the plot all the same within a chapter, or something like that.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
jsharp

« Reply #566 on: May 17, 2007, 09:57PM »

I think I compiled more than ten pages and it's pretty annoying after a bit.  I think we should definitely have a checkpoint for compilations - and take turns, or just whoever sees we've reached the limit first.  Also, we could have chapters - and try to keep the plot all the same within a chapter, or something like that.

I was thinking about the rotation thing, too. The first person to post on page 11, 21, 31, etc., would compile the last 10 pages. The only problem would be for newbies who came in on the middle and didn't know the guidelines.

Fiddle_Addict

Honorary member of the DSA

« Reply #567 on: May 18, 2007, 04:06AM »

The guidelines could be in the very first post in the new three-word-story, this way everyone who starts reading the story would read the guidelines as well.

Thanks for this banner, Scott! Smiley

TitanicCollies
« Reply #568 on: May 18, 2007, 05:31AM »

Yes, but will people actually follow the rules?
jsharp

« Reply #569 on: May 18, 2007, 11:43AM »

No guarantees. That's just a risk you have to take. Most people will get the idea.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: