Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Fields of Gold"  (Read 10919 times)
Bookworm
Honorary Roadie

Thanks Celtic Chicken!

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 08:12PM »

I cried when Lisa sang this.  Cry Grin

Thank you Lisa Kelly Fan and Brian H

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
Magic~5

CELTIC WOMAN + MUSIC = love for a lifetime!!!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 10:06PM »

I try to keep the verses straight when I hear her singing this song.   some how I get them mixed up and in the wrong order. Sad   I then go back to youtube to listen and I get back to the song and know what lines to sing.  Cheesy
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 09:10AM »

I try to keep the verses straight when I hear her singing this song.   some how I get them mixed up and in the wrong order. Sad   I then go back to youtube to listen and I get back to the song and know what lines to sing.  Cheesy

Embarrassed  I get them mixed up too.

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
celticheart18
Honorary Roadie

You'll always have my heart...

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 09:36AM »

i downloaded Sting's version because i HAD to listen to it after hearing Lisa sing it. i don't like Sting's version but it will have to do until Lisa's version is released
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 01:24PM »

omg i heard Lisa's version of Fields of Gold on youtube and i now get chills every time i listen to it

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Bookworm
Honorary Roadie

Thanks Celtic Chicken!

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 01:33PM »

I listen to it on youtube a million times a day.

Thank you Lisa Kelly Fan and Brian H

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
CWPride

LYNN AND LISA ROX MY SOX!!!! :)

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 02:13PM »

I wish there was an Isle of Hope CD out at the moment, I would tackle the stand and scream, "MINE!!!!" before flipping over to the backside of the case and scrolling in a very focused, curious manner through the song list. Hehe. I love Fields of Gold.
Yup thats me exactly!!! haha I can't wait till the new album is released!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 10:10AM »

I love Sting's version of Fields of Gold! I have actually heard it by Sting even before I even knew that Lisa was singing it in the Isle of Hope tour.  Helen has her own version of it on her Myspace page but I cant find it on youtube so I guess there isn't a video or even audio on youtube of her singing it.  Sad  I want to download her version of it sooo bad!  Her version of Fields of Gold is absolutely AMAZING!!!!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 06:42AM »

Since it was my first time hearing it I loved it. She puts so much emotion in it. and she was look right at me when she sang "will you stay with me, will you be my love"

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
cb0826

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 10:37PM »

Lisa absolutely did a top notch job on the song! Saw CW perform here in Chattanooga last Saturday the 24th and never before had I had chills up and dowm my spine for the entire performance. Words can't even describe the experience!
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 10:52AM »

I think Lisa blew Sting outta the water with her rendition!

I agree completely.  Generally, I really enjoy Sting's music, but I just heard his rendition of Fields of Gold again on the radio.  Frankly, I was a bit disappointed; he more or less recites the song, and with very little emotion.  On the other hand, as with everything she does, Lisa brings so much emotion to the song it, her version far surpasses Sting's.  Also, having heard Helen's version on her MySpace page, I must reiterate that I would love to hear a Lisa/Helen duo version of this beautiful song.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: