Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my 3 years  (Read 1479 times)
nick in denver

« on: April 29, 2009, 08:52PM »

not much of a thread but today marks my 3 year anniv. of when i saw cw for the first time. it was the 2 sat. shows (at 3:00 & at 8:00) in pasadena and then sunday in long beach. i always break out the photos and try to remember where i was, who i met (including the girls) and what i was doing throughout the day. i think this will be a tradition if i like it or not, for the rest of my life...3 years and the flame still burns.
Meow

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 10:34PM »

Amen!  Smiley

Thanks Evita (Lisaniac #1) for both banners!!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:40AM »

I was looking through some messages on the computer, and I saw that I had forwarded some Christmas Carols by CW in January of  2008, but I still didn't know who they were and still did not have OCCWD....Then about March of that same year , about 13 months ago, I checked out The Helix DVD and the SLANE Castle DVD from the Library. I watched them a couple of times and thought, that was some nice music and arrangements. I have been a singer, both solo and choral most of my life, school and church choirs, played guitar and sang in the 60-s  70's..(oops, dating myself!!).but when I decided to watch them one more time....I was Totally engrossed and "hooked"---that flying fiddler, angel at the top of the tree, took me right in and I said, wait a minute, I have never, ever seen anything like this...I found her website on the net and wrote a fan letter to her telling her how much I enjoyed her performance on the DVDs...i found out she had a CD, "Raining up", so I bought it and started listening to her play. I read about her mother being a violin teacher and realized how many hoursthey must have spent together, studying and learning the craft and skill of that becautiful instrument....So from then on, it was one after another, learning about them, and David, watching them sing---by now--I had purchased the DVDs including the Christmas one...I would go to the "TRACK SELECTIOn" button and select one of my favorites...then i would have to let all the rest of it play..So for me it has been a little over one year, and it doesn't seem to have diminished any...I have wondered about The departure of Meav and Orla- but have tried to stay positive about everything and I support the "ISLE of HOPE Tour" all the way! ! !   So, it is good to know that after 3 years you are still going strong...Will you be at RED Rocks?
Shankdee  p s  have to gone to Meav's site and voted on my "Silver Sea Poll?"

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:44AM »

NICK.. Please .pardon my TYPO in the PS above... Roll Eyes  It should say have you gone to Meav's site and Voted in THE SILVER SEAPOLL,? ? ? you do have the CD, I hope.

Shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: