Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Every Breath You Take" by Sting: Possible song choice?  (Read 2255 times)
Marissa

Lisa Kelly of Celtic Woman

« on: April 07, 2009, 08:42AM »

Hi,

I discovered the song "Every Breath You Take" (by Sting and The Police) and immediately thought of the girls singing it. Can anyone else imagine this, and say if you think it would be good or not?

~Marissa

Can't find me in Minnesota? Check your inbox. I may be hidden within a bunch of spam. I may also be found falling off the face of the Earth, clinging on to Ireland, in my imagination, or along some text on a freshly updated blog. Smiley
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 09:13AM »

Do you really want the girls to sing the stalker's anthem?   Cheesy

Sting himself said, "It sounds like a comforting love song. I didn't realize at the time how sinister it is. I think I was thinking of Big Brother, surveillance and control."

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Celeste

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 02:34PM »

I usually don't offer my negative opinions (because after all, who wants an idea discounted?). It's probably more pleasant if everyone simply offers their opinions, and those who don't like them simply keep their thoughts to themselves.

But since you did specifically ask if we think it would be good or not, I'd say no. I hope CW does not sing this song. Nothing against this song in particular. I just wish they wouldn't sing pop songs at all, and instead perform classical and Celtic works. The more pop they sing, the further they stray from their identity.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 02:36PM by Celeste » Logged

celticheart18
Honorary Roadie

You'll always have my heart...

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 03:41PM »

Do you really want the girls to sing the stalker's anthem?   Cheesy

Sting himself said, "It sounds like a comforting love song. I didn't realize at the time how sinister it is. I think I was thinking of Big Brother, surveillance and control."
I'm with ya on this one. I don't like the song even when Sting sings it... it creeps me out.  Undecided
I would hope that the girls wouldn't sing this. Maybe Every little thing which is also by Sting
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 07:25PM »

I just wish they wouldn't sing pop songs at all, and instead perform classical and Celtic works. The more pop they sing, the further they stray from their identity. Celeste

I have to second this Celeste...they should not stray from their Gaelic roots, the instrumentals, harps, songs of traditional Ireland, and I am hoping David won't let them ! ! !

Shocked   Shocked    Shocked Shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: