Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic woman at The Orpheum  (Read 9333 times)
Wife2CWFan
« on: April 09, 2009, 04:40PM »

Wow what an pleasure to be able to obtain tickets for the Celtic Woman at the Orpheum in Memphis!!!  Grin
 Our seat were not the best seat but I was just beside my self to be there.
 What a wonderful venue!  Smiley
 The Orpheum is a beautiful theater built back in the 20's and refurbish to it original grandeur in the 80's.
 What a wonderful back drop to a night of pure magic. Roll Eyes
The trip from Birmingham was not as long as I had expected. The rude and crazy truck driver that we encountered was the worst part of the drive. He literally tried to push us out of his way! Angry
 Little did he know that we were on a mission .
 I would let nothing or no one stand in the way of another chance to get my Celtic Woman fix. Tongue
I don't think I have ever seen Phillip so nervous in all my life except the day we got married. LOL  Grin
Not sure if it was because he was on his way to see the greatest and most beautiful group of women in the world! Or may it could have been my driving. NAN!  It had to be the ladies!  Grin
 We made it there almost two and half hours before the concert started.
I had a hard time containing myself when I saw the buses parked out the stage door entrance.  Tongue
Now I know why they used a butterfly as a symbol for this tour! Shocked
We had planed on walking down the famous Beal street to get dinner but we were so stressed out we didn't feel like eating. So we walked around for a while. We passed by Helen on her way in the stage door and saw Rachel getting out of the bus. We didn't bother them knowing they were so busy.
Not knowing if our tickets would be at the will call window was killing us! Huh
My mom always said " If it sounds to good to be true it probably is." I got our tickets off eBay for less than half the cost. Two tickets on the orchestra row M for $50.00.
It's kinda hard to trust ticket scalper. KWIM !  But the guy came through they we there just like he said they would be. What a relief !!!  Grin
We took our seats and waited for the show to start. The place was beautiful!!
We could not get over how nice it was it gave us something to look at while waiting.
Finally the good part! Though I would never get there right!! LOL Cheesy

The Sky and the Dawn and The Sun was as good as ever! I love the spoken part they have added.
 Talk about anticipation!!!  Shocked
 What a great build up this song has!
Oh Mairead is so wonderful in this number!  Roll Eyes
  Al tho this time you could tell that being on this long tour is taking it tole. Sad
 She just didn't start out this show as energetic as she did in Birmingham.
Never the less her playing was spot on. Grin
What troupers our Lady's are going out every night giving it their all for us.  Smiley
 Standing OOO's  here and there at the end of the first song.
 Which I might add was hard to come by.
 Again this audience just as with the Greenville audience seemed to be in a hypnotic state.
 A lady in the one row in front of us appeared to be taking a nap. Undecided  Literally slumped over in her seat.
 Only to be summoned out of her coma by Ray's drum at the end of the first act “Mo Ghile Mear” .
Not sure if Memphis people know that it's OK to clap along with the music but for the most part they just sat there like bumps on a log. Angry
That's OK we clapped enough for everyone there!!!  Grin LOL

Durn intermission one of the audience members told me that he enjoyed watching me have a good time clapping and give the ladies their standing OOO'S.
I guess it's bad when you stand out in a crowd! Embarrassed
Even an usher talked to me on my way out to the lobby. He said you must be the true Celtic Woman fan!
GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!  Wink  Grin

Well, I just can't help it they are so good!  If they don't get you up on your feet and clapping you must be dead from the neck up!!! LOL  Cheesy

The Call started the second act.
 The Call is not one of my favorite songs but it's just amazing how it's gives me chill bumps when I hear it sung live.
 It's is perfect song to start the second act like Emily said in her review.

So many songs to chose from New ,Old  and Fav's.
I could go on and on about it!
The show was great!! The whole experience was just wonderful beyond words!
I took me to a new high!
 I am so happy that I got the chance to go. Grin
Some time spur of the moment things turn out to be great, this was one of those times!!! Roll Eyes

Even tho I watched the girls through a pair of binoculars so I could see facial expressions ( I just love watching them smile and play to the audience!) it was great to be at another CW concert.

I just never seem to get enough of these ladies. They are so talented and some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. Tongue
Just as the CW fans are some of the nicest and happiest people I have ever had the pleasure of being around!
I hope to meet more of you at the last concert ( Unless I find some more money! Smiley LOL) that we will be going to this year in Nashville.

It makes me feel sick to know that I have only one more concert and it will be over for us . Sad
It make me happy to think that may be, just may be there will be a next yea!. Smiley
I am already piloting on how to get my hands on a first row ticket and possible a M&G. Roll Eyes

Thank you ladies for yet another wonderful evening!!! Hugs &  Kiss
Praying for your safe travle.
Looking forward to seeing you at Nashville. Grin
Hopefully I 'll be the one in the front row going nuts! Smiley

LoveCWoman
Susan

No humans or personal property was damaged in the viewing of this concert.
No tract of dignity was left intact while screaming and clapping as hard as humanly possible.
Further Celtic Woman audiences run the risk of being hit in back of head during standing OOO's. Ringing in ears may also occur due to applause durn standing OOO's.
 We reserve the right to scream , clap and generally go nuts at any given time durn for-mention concerts.
 We will not be held libel for enjoying the best music group in the world.  Grin

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 04:47PM by LoveCWoman » Logged
howard

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 04:45PM »

Hi Susan,
Your review was enjoyable and fun to read!!!   Cheesy
Thank You...Just Great!!!

Best Regards,
Howard

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 06:27PM »

Great review, Susan!! Cheesy

I know how you feel...I'm already feeling depressed about the fact that West Palm Beach is my last show. The thought of having to wait a year to see the girls again is absolutely nauseating.  Cry But....like you said....I'm already plotting and planning about shows for next year and different strategies for M&Gs! Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 10:21PM »

No humans or personal property was damaged in the viewing of this concert.
No tract of dignity was left intact while screaming and clapping as hard as humanly possible.
Further Celtic Woman audiences run the risk of being hit in back of head during standing OOO's. Ringing in ears may also occur due to applause durn standing OOO's.
 We reserve the right to scream , clap and generally go nuts at any given time durn for-mention concerts.
 We will not be held libel for enjoying the best music group in the world.

Love that, and it's completely true. Grin

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:11AM »

Glad you caved in to the spur of moment, Susan!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 05:36PM »

Thank you Susan...great review.  As I read each review I can't help but think of the girls and the
demanding/hectic schedule they are on.  That they can keep a smile going at each concert and sound as
good as you all tell us is amazing.  I pray for them every night and the entire crew.  The drivers
who get them from point A to B each day and those that set up the set and all that goes into
moving this around the country.  I am so grateful to them all for doing this so we can go nuts and
clap until our hands burn.  By July they will be ready to call it a day!  And Lisa with 3 small children Shocked
They are the best there is and I for one want them to know how truly appreciative I am of all their
efforts...and I haven't even seen them yet!   Grin  After Seattle (my concert) they will have a few
days to relax.  Whew!  What a tremendous gift they give us! 
THANK YOU, LADIES AND TEAM!!!
Rosie

Jwad

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 11:03PM »

Hey there!  I was at this concert and was just blown away!!  I was on row S on the floor, and I enjoyed every minute of the concert!!  When they started Orinoco Flow, I was the one who started yelling!  Bahahaha!  I already have M&G tickets for the new show in 2010 on April 26th at the Orpheum!

Thanks to Western_Rose for the fantastic banners!!! Cheesy
clarumley

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 01:58AM »

Hey there!  I was at this concert and was just blown away!!  I was on row S on the floor, and I enjoyed every minute of the concert!!  When they started Orinoco Flow, I was the one who started yelling!  Bahahaha!  I already have M&G tickets for the new show in 2010 on April 26th at the Orpheum!

AND you were the one who yelled "I LOVE YOU LISA!!!" right as the music stopped and it was really quiet. Hahaha Wink
Jwad

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 03:33PM »

yes, i did scream that as well!!!!!  That was the best concert ever!!

Thanks to Western_Rose for the fantastic banners!!! Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: