Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to Buy Tickets?  (Read 6783 times)
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« on: June 14, 2007, 06:42AM »

Having seen the review from Albany and been at the Buffalo concert last night, I have an observation that might help some get better seats at concerts.  Mind you, this is obviously no guarantee, just an observation.

A little history:  I tried very hard to get good seats for Buffalo right after sales started.  Could only get Row T in the center.  Then I was able to (finally) sell those tickets when I got left center row C tickets. (Which, by the way, were absolutely fabulous!). 

Here's the deal.  If you know the market is fairly small, (Albany and Buffalo are examples), check TicketMaster OFTEN during the last day or two.  Yesterday afternoon, just before I left for Buffalo, I could have gotten FRONT ROW tickets for $45 each!  Those seats were never filled.... they remained empty all night.  There were a large number of seats available in the front 6-8 rows that would have gone cheap.  They were tickets you could print out yourself or pick-up at the "Will Call" window.

So, if you can't get good seats early in ticket sales, there's a chance to get really good seats at the last minute.  I doubt in any event you'd ever be shutout of getting tickets in a decent location.  (again...all venue dependent)

On a side note, the theater wasn't full in Buffalo last night, but it sounds like it was better than Albany.  I was told by a person next to me that this area of Buffalo has a large Irish population.  I don't know if that played any role or not.  Everyone around us had never seen CW in concert before and all were definitely impressed.  Everyone said they'd attend another concert.

Brad Timerson

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 12:39PM »

Tickets for sale on eBay for the April 5, 2022, concert in Saginaw, Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: