Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4/25/09 Chat Transcript  (Read 11242 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« on: April 25, 2009, 06:53PM »

Hey Guys, same deal as last time, here is the transcript from the chat this afternoon with Órlagh. Questions are in bold and everything Órlagh says in is purple. For ease of understanding I've edited it so that everything that relates to a question is underneath the appropriate question. I've also fixed minor spelling errors. This is only the Q&A part of the chat! If we posted both the hellos and goodbyes.... it would be way too long to post. I've noted peoples real names after their screen names, if I knew them. If I don't have your name noted, please let me know it and I'll add it.

Órlagh: Hello from my kitchen! I'm so excited to be here with you this evening. Thanks so much to everyone for giving of your time.

OldFatGuy (Rich): Orlagh, we knew everyone would want to know a couple of thing, so we thought we'd get these out of the way right at the start. When will your new album be out?
Órlagh: It looks like the album will be out in America at the end of August, beginning of September. I will be coming over and doing lots of promo for the record and I'm really looking forward to meeting you all again. I'm sorry it's taking so long, but we really want to get it right and we're almost there now.

OldFatGuy (Rich): Your upcoming PBS special; how did it come about, and how do we get tickets for the show, etc.
Órlagh: I was asked by Jim Brickman if I would be interested in getting involved in his show and I was delighted as he's a great artist and a lovely guy. You can get tickets from www.jimbrickman.com.

OldFatGuy (Rich): Okay, Órlagh. We have a few quick questions from people who were unable to attend. Kasey – our friend SSG Schmidt in Iraq – would like you to know that you totally rock, and he can't find banana ice cream anywhere.Cheesy
Órlagh: I LOVE banana ice-cream!!!

OldFatGuy (Rich): Chris B asks – Orlagh, what is your favorite flower?
Órlagh: I've so many that I love – I adore lilies, daises, irises, and sea-peas. Don't you just love their smell! Basically, I love all cottage garden flowers and roses.

OldFatGuy (Rich): kat says hi and sends you an electronic hug. She'd like to know what are some Irish songs with whck for my daddy and just with daddy o? Cheesy And thanks for the sweet response.
Kelli: Is she asking about other songs with mouth music?
OldFatGuy (Rich): I guess that
Órlagh: I don't really understand the question. Thanks Kells, the wack is mouth music that is so popular Irish Music.

OldFatGuy (Rich): Okay, I guess we can move on to the list. First up is cool2it.

cool2it (Gary):My (well Zee's) Question What is your idea of a nice, relaxing night at home?
Órlagh: I love cooking something nice and having a lovely glass of red wine and a good chat with John and some friends or family. I love sitting in front of the fire on a cold evening.
cool2it: Thank you Orlagh!!

Coco84: Hi Órlagh!!! I hope you are doing well!!!! thank you so much for taking the time to do another chat tonight!!! You mean so much to me – Thank you soooo much for everything!!!! My question: What of the song's you sing/have been singing is the most touching and most emotional song for you?
Órlagh: Hi Coco, it's my pleasure to be here. One song that always gets me is An Mhaighdean Mhara, the song about the mermaid. I often get very emotional singing Carrickfergus and Inisfree in the CW show.
Coco84: Thank you!! Smiley
OldFatGuy (Rich): So do we. Wink
Órlagh: I also have to confess that I was very emotional singing a lot of the songs on my new album.

Hello Órlagh. I'm Mel from Berlin/Germany. Thank you so much for taking again some of your precious time to answer our questions. How dear of you that you keep in touch with your fans by doing these chats and replying some of your guestbook entries by email. You bring so much love and happiness may you be loved in return twice as much. Now to my question: Órlagh, we all know how much you enjoy spending your free time in your garden. I wonder if you also have many indoor plants and can you name us some of them you have.
Órlagh: I have to confess that I don't keep any indoor plants. I love having flowers in the house. The only indoor plant I have is an orchid that Des Moore and his wife brought when they were visiting before Des headed away on the CW tour.

CWsenior: Hi Orlagh I'm Ashley, It's nice of you to do this for us. I can't wait to see you in concert, your absolutly amazing. Well here's my question. When you were on tour with Celtic Woman, was it ever hard to keep adjusting to the climates? Cause I know around here it's always changing. One day it will be in the 80's and the next it's in the 50's. Wink
Órlagh: Usually we were in cold areas for long spells in the early spring and then the weather got warmer as the tour progressed. We're used to experiencing 4 seasons in ONE day here in Ireland as our bad weather is legendary, so it never really bothered us on tour.
CWsenior: Oh I see, well thank you.
Órlagh: You get used to unpredictable weather coming from Ireland.
Cwsenior: thanks

L.A. Girl (Dianne): Hi Orlagh,
Órlagh: Hi there
L.A. Girl (Dianne): Was there a song that you were originally supposed to sing and didn't or vice versa? Please come to L.A.!
Órlagh: In the CW Show?
L.A. Girl (Dianne): Yes!
Órlagh: No, David was always pretty definite about the songs that he got us to sing.
L.A. Girl (Dianne): Thanks a lot and hope to see you in L.A. Dianne.
Órlagh: Hopefully Dianne.x

bpea55: Hi Orlagh! I'm Bruce. I'm a musician and I Play Horn. Thanks so much for spending time with all of us. My question is about how you find inspiration for your original music. With me, usually I get the music in my head and then have the task of getting it to paper. Could you tell us a bit about your process and what inspires you most. Best of Luck on the PBS special, and the new music. We're all excited.
Órlagh: I usually sit at the harp and work on melodies first. I think the lovely sound of the chords on the harp makes it easier for melodies to come into the head. I usually think of lyrics while out walking in the fields and just bing out-doors. Thank you so much for your good wishes.
bpea55: Thank you for inspiring us all.
Órlagh: XX

Emily!: Hey Orlagh! My question is: If you were stranded on a dessert island, what three things would you take with you (other than food and water, haha)?
Órlagh: Oh that's a tough one. Carmex lip balm as I think it's great! My harp if I could and photos of my loved ones.
Emily!: Haha, I love Carmex too. Thanks, Orlagh Smiley
Órlagh: It's the greatest!

Ggunsailor (Gaby): Hi, Orla! My name is Gaby, and it's a wonderful pleasure to finally meet one of my favorite singers.
Órlagh: Hi Gaby, how are you?
Ggunsailor (Gaby): Very good, thank you. okay, my question is what was your favorite special to film? Mine is A New Journey at Slane Castle.
Órlagh: I have to say that I really enjoyed that special! There was THE most wonderful atmosphere. It was a glorious experience and I loved singing in the outdoors with the wonderful back-drop of Slane Castle behind us.
Ggunsailor (Gaby): Even though it rained?
Órlagh: We're so used to the rain in Ireland. We don't take any notice of it. I was worried about Harry the harp getting wet though.
Ggunsailor (Gaby): Thanks so much! (hugs) You rule.
Órlagh: You take care. x

Gtinker1986: Hi , Orla! I'm Yang from Fuzhou, China... it is 3:30 am, April, 26 here. Thank you for being here with us tonight. Before asking my question, I need to tell you something... important (perhaps)... Next year, 2010, is the year of the tiger, your zodiac year (also mine). Please be very careful... it is said that the whole year will be very bad luck for ones who were born in 1974, 1998, etc (12-year cycle)... some read clothing can protect you against bad luck... take care... My question is... in your new album, Guide You Home, are there other tracks written by yourself (except Shooting Star)? By the way, Shooting Star is really a lovely song... and... Chinese CW fans wants to know... Will you consider a China tour in the future? Thank you, lovely lady tiger, for chatting with us. Best wishes!! Cheesy
Órlagh: Hello to you in China!
Gtinker 1986: hello Orla Grin
Órlagh: I would dearly love to come there and hopefully we will get to come to China and some other countries in your part of the world with the new album. Best wishes to you!
Gtinker1986:  Cheesy thanks
Órlagh: There are 2 other tracks on the album that I have written.

Starman (John): orla, let me first say we have missed you tremendously this tour! It really isn't the same without you! will there be instrumentation on your new album aside from your harp? Are there any particular guest artists on your album that you would be at liberty to tell us about at this point?
Órlagh:There are loads of amazing musicians on the album and I'm thrilled and honoured to have them on board! Des, Eoghan and Feargal from the CW band are playing. In fact, Eoghan produced the whole album and did an amazing job. Martin O'Connor is playing the box, Maire Breatnach is on fiddle, Noel Eccles is on percussion, Liam Bradley on drums, Davy Spillane on whistles, Donal Lunny is on bouzouki and Robbie Harris is on bodhran. There's a LOT of music and it's a very different album to The Water Is Wide.
Starman (John): Wow! Thanks!
Órlagh: I almost forgot Keith Donald is on sax.

Lisakellyfan425: Hi Orlagh. My question is about singing... I have absolutely no singing ability AT ALL, and was wondering that if i took voice lessons, if it is possible for me to develop a decent singing voice?
Órlagh: I think everyone has a voice. Some people need a bit of help with tuning and pitching. I found when I was teaching that if I put the kids with the stronger voices behind the kids who had problems tuning, this greatly helped them. It's important that you enjoy the singing and Music and don't be worrying about how you sound. Enjoy it!
Lisakellyfan425: Ya I took chorus in middle school and I thought I sounded horrible, so I just gave up with singing.
Órlagh: Ah don't! As long as you enjoy it and love the music, keep doing it! Good luck!

Wickster: Hi Orlagh, Thank you so much for being here with us today.. it's so good to see you here again. I wanted to ask.. what was the most difficult song you've ever had to perform? live or on an Album. Thank you Orlagh!!
Órlagh:Hi there, it's my great pleasure to be here. The most difficult song I ever had to perform was a classical song that I saw as part of my college exams. I don't love singing the classical stuff and so I don't sing it anymore.
Wickster: Thank you so much... Wickie xxx
Órlagh:Take care Wickie. Lots of love to you. xx
Wickster: Same to you!

AngusGibson (Taylor): Dia duit, Orlagh! Conas atá tú? Taylor is ainm dom. It’s lovely to see you on the forum again! My question is this: I’m planning a 10 day trip to Ireland where my lady friend and I will be covering Dublin, Belfast, Derry, Donegal, Connemara, Galway, Killarney, Kerry, Cork, and back to Dublin. We’ll be seeing Slane, too! I was wondering if you had any hidden gems of Ireland that you’d recommend we’d visit? Go raibh maith agat. (I’m learning to speak Irish, as well. :-) ) Beannacht Dé leat! Taylor
Órlagh Dia is muire dhuit ! If you can get to Galway and connemara,it's lovely over there.I also love Glendalough in Wicklow.It's not far from Dublin and is a wonderful,sacred place.It's where my husband asked me to marry him and it's always been very special to me. Have a great trip. Beannachtaí. xx
AngusGibson (Taylor):Go raibh maith agat! You're too kind!
Órlagh: Enjoy and safe travels.

Irishdreamer (Ann): Hi Orlagh, Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. Do you have a special place in your garden that you can go to and spend some quite time or to just sit and think? Ann
Órlagh: Hi Ann, I just love the whole space in the garden. Sometimes though I do enjoy sitting outside the kitchen day-dreaming. I'm a totally dreamer and the garden is the perfect space in which to day-dream.
Irishdreamer (Ann): Thank you Orlagh Smiley
Órlagh:You're welcome. x

celticdreamer00 (Andi): Hi Órlagh. I would like to know do you carry a notebook with you when walking to jot down the ideas or words for your songs? Thanks, Andi
Órlagh:Hello from one dreamer to another! No I don't carry a notebook as that would be too much like being organized. I'm the most unorganized person on the planet!

leighlam (Tara): Hello Miss Orlagh. Thank you so much for taking time to chat with us and answer our questions. I absolutely love your voice and the songs you sing. I was wondering, how did you get started singing professionally?
Órlagh: I'm delighted to be here. It's funny but I was thinking about that today. I've been performing in the local church since I was a child. I then went to college and was teaching for awhile. I was constantly doing concerts and decided to bite the bullet and give up the day job and take a chance on my music. I have been incredibly blessed ever since.
leighlam (Tara): WOW! Thank you so much!
Órlagh: You're more than welcome. x

cjensen (Joe): Hi Orlagh!!  Most gracious of you to always connect and stay in touch with your fans. In case you didn't know, we all miss you very very much. May we ask, what influenced your interest in music as a child? For example, as a baby, were you already singing or strumming the side rail bars in your crib? Smiley Joe & Kathy
Órlagh: Hey Joe,
cjensen (Joe): Hi orlagh. We miss you!
Órlagh: I honestly cannot remember a time that I didn't sing. My parents couldn't stop me. I would sing from the time I got into the car 'till I got out! That could have been a 200 mile journey to Kerry! I used to drive them all crazy! Love to you and Kathy. x
cjensen (Joe): Thanks Orlagh. take care!

Dwight: Hi Orlagh, Dwight from Phoenix/Tempe Arizona I miss you very much on this CW tour, I'm looking forward to the PBS special and your new Album. In fact last Thursday night while at the CW show at the Dodge theatre I mentioned your new up and coming Album to several people in the audience. Now my Question is are you going to be in Meav's show at the Carnegie in March of 2010, I would really love to see you and Meav together. It would be no problem for me to fly to NYC.
Órlagh: Hi Dwight. Thank you so much Dwight. I won't be in Carnegie with Meav in March.

michael: Hi Orlagh, you rocked in Kentucky last year :-), I was wondering, Do you have a favorite movie?
Órlagh:Hi michael, I love the Shawshank Redemption and Finding Neverland.
michael: cool thanks Smiley
Órlagh: You're welcome

wunderkindlucy: Hi Orlagh I was wondering if you've ever had a problem during a performance – like a mistake made by the cast or the tech crew and how did you or the group recover?
Órlagh:Once there was a problem with my mic pack. It came off the back of my dress but one of the girls noticed me struggling with it and fixed it for me.
wunderkindlucy: cool-thanks so much for being here
Órlagh:You're more than welcome.

The winner of the drawing was Sandy with lucky number 17. She won a signed book from Órlagh... though we have no idea what book it is as we don't have it yet. Cheesy

aislin
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:49AM by aislin » Logged
CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 07:13PM »

thanks rich. i loved the chat. thanks again for setting this up.

~ashley~
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 07:31PM »

Thanks, Lindsey!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
howard

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 08:22PM »

Thanks Lindsey for posting the transcript of the chat...
I regret I wasn't there for it, something came up.
And Rich thank you for asking Orlagh about her upcoming cd and PBS special.

And a BIG Congrats to Sandy!!!  Cheesy

Best Regards,
Howard
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 08:33PM »

Thanks for posting the transcript, Lindsey!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 10:41PM »

I love the answers she gave. Grin

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 11:51PM »

Thanks for posting the transcript.
I remember her battery pack falling off at the end of the Friday night show in WPB Oct. 07.  Lynn helped her get it back on.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
tc84
Total Fanatic

"Everywhere you go let your dreams surround you!"

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 01:58AM »

Thank you Lindsey!!
It was a great chat!!!
Lots of love!!
coco x

"I think as a women we have so many other things to do in life, very important things, but also we have to be mothers and to support our children and guide them. Because (...) we all need guidance, don´t we?"
(C Zeta Jone 2005)
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 06:44AM »

Thanks for posting  Lindsey..you and Rich are the BEST!
And HUGE Thanks to Orlagh for giving her time to us!
Bruce

I just thought of a question I should have asked:
Orlagh, do your wings get in the way when you play your Harp? Grin Grin Roll Eyes
Bp
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 07:13AM by bpea55 » Logged

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 08:00AM »

Thank you Lindsey for posting the transcript.

Isn't Orlagh the BEST!!! She is such a down to earth,real person. I am excited to hear that she plans some promo work relating to the release of her new CD over here. Orlagh, we need you back to "guide us home" !! Grin

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 08:47AM »

Thanks for the transcript, Lindsey!   Wish I could've stayed for the whole thing, but duty called.  Undecided  At least I was able to briefly pop in and tell Órlagh, "hi!".  Smiley

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
jessicar
Honorary Roadie

Arrr!!! I be Mad Dog Roberts!!!! Fear me!!! Arrr!!

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 09:30AM »

Thanks for posting the transcript is was lots of fun! Grin

Annie
Total Fanatic

proud Lisaholic and IreLynn !

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 10:01AM »

Wow, she is soooo kind for everyone. Thank you!

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 10:09AM »

Wow, she is soooo kind for everyone. Thank you!

This is a big reason why we love her so much...with Orlagh, there's no pretense, she's just a lovely woman.  I'm so glad she's doing these chats for us!!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 10:46AM »

Thanks for posting the transcript.
I remember her battery pack falling off at the end of the Friday night show in WPB Oct. 07.  Lynn helped her get it back on.

I would call that a "ninja mike fix". Grin

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: