Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mairead Banner  (Read 4231 times)
BrianH_2009
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:02PM »

And here's one for the little firecracker. If you like it and want to use it, go ahead!

jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 08:04PM »

WOW! I like your banners. Smiley
Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 08:06PM »

Very nice.

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
BrianH_2009
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 08:13PM »

Wow that was a fast response Smiley Thank you!
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 11:22PM »

Ooooooooooh! Nice!
Let's see; you've done David, Chloe, Mairead, and Lisa (I think).
Who's next?

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
MaryNorth93
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 02:32AM »

Awesome!  Grin
jessicar
Honorary Roadie

Arrr!!! I be Mad Dog Roberts!!!! Fear me!!! Arrr!!

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 09:26PM »

Those are so cool! Cheesy How did you do them? Huh

BrianH_2009
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 03:55AM »

Those are so cool! Cheesy How did you do them? Huh

Hello jessicar and thank you. I don't want to get too philosophical here but basically I start out with an idea of what I to convey then I search through the dvds to find the shots I want. I then take the screen captures from the dvds into Photoshop or the Gimp and I arrange them on a large Photoshop document until I arrive at a pleasing composition. At this point I pretty much know where I want the blending and fading to occur. I assign layer masks to all of the images and with a big soft brush I "paint out" all of the image borders so everything blends together seamlessly. At this point it's pretty much just tweaking. I'll burn the shadows and dodge the highlights to heighten the drama a bit. I'll "paint out" or blur elements that are too distracting. I'll hand paint elements that need fixing. I'll add text and assign effects to them. At this point i'll stand back about five feet or so and just stair at the image for a few minutes just the way I would if I was painting at the easel. If I think it looks good i'll scale the image down to about 600x200 upload it to photobucket then come to the forum and create a post in the appropriate thread and write a wonderfully pithy description  Roll Eyes and paste the link and voila! And just hope people enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it Smiley Again I don't want to get too philosophical here, hehe. Perhaps i'll write a tutorial on the creation of one of these things, that might be helpful to some of you. Hope that answers your question.

Ooooooooooh! Nice!
Let's see; you've done David, Chloe, Mairead, and Lisa (I think).
Who's next?

Yep I did a Lisa and it is somewhat crude in comparison to my newer ones Wink  So i'll have to do another Lisa perhaps some shots from "Caledonia" and or "The blessing." I just did one for Ray and Nicky and i've just started on one for Órlagh and if it turns out like i'm envisioning it should be pretty darn cool if I do say so myself Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: