Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Celtic Woman such a phenomenon?  (Read 14612 times)
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« on: May 05, 2009, 05:56PM »

Why do you think CW is such a phenomenon?

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 06:29PM »

Easy one......talent and beauty unequaled in our universe.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Kallan

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 07:27PM »

The most beautiful voices to ever grace your ears, be it singularly or together in perfect harmony.  The absolute most amazing fiddle player on the planet.  Extraordinary women that dazzle you not only with their beauty but with their grace, kindness and sincerity.  It's so plainly obvious in everything that they do that they love their work and they draw you in with each performance.  David Downes' song selections and musical arrangements are outstanding and he plays to the strengths of each of the women.  The music is uplifting and inspiring at a time when the world really needs it.  They soothe the soul and heal the wounded heart.

But once you've listened to them, you pretty much know all that.   Smiley

When the light begins to fade and shadows fall across the sea,
One bright star in the evening sky, your love's light leads me on my way.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 11:23PM »

Smiley   Smiley   Smiley    Smiley   Smiley

Well, this is probably the most difficult question to answer;

Orla said  it best...after one of their first successful evening's performances...she said: "something happened that night, we don't know quite what it was!"

and C W was born...

One of our bumper stickers says: God Smiled...and Celtic Woman was born!

Just enjoy that "something happened" and it has made all the difference in our lives.

Shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
MaryNorth93
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 02:01AM »

Orla said  it best...after one of their first successful evening's performances...she said: "something happened that night, we don't know quite what it was!"

Shankdee

Lynn said: You don't know what makes something so succesfull.. It has to be a little bit of magic   Smiley Let's enjoy their magic, because she must be right  Cheesy
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 02:41AM »

M A G I C

AND   With a Sprinkling of Pixie Dust  Wink

DirtyDiamond
Bodhrán Player

Let me tell you that I love you...

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 03:31AM »

I'd also agree that there is something magical about them... that SOMETHING everyone talks about

kat
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 05:23AM »

magical talent And the listners having good taste of music
Delaney

so-called chaos

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 06:24AM »

because Celtic Woman is A-MA-ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=D

...lost in the darkness of my own circumstance, criticizing echoes leaving me awake in the night... the barrier and blockades that keep me safe&in control while I pretend that Im ok...
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 06:50AM »

There are a number of reasons that all intertwine and make the whole greater than the sum of the parts.

First, there is the visual. We humans do receive most of our info through our sense of sight, so it isnt a surprise to me that the visual hit me first, before the sound. My first encounter with them occurred flipping channels and as I passed PBS, they were on. I thought "Who are those pretty ladies?" I dont mean that in a bad way. They are far different from what one sees on MTV and other entertainment. They are attractive yet classy. Atractive yet one can feel safe letting anyone in the family watch. And for you ladies, you all love discussing their hair, dresses, nails, etc. You get hooked on the visual too! Adding to the visual effect was the outdoor venue at Slaine. So well done with that. It added a lot over any indoor venue. Another visual aspect = the 'moves' . Mairead giving her 'look' or pointing with the bow. The shoulder wiggle. So simple and easy, yet so effective and adding to the show.

Second, there is the sound.  Its music after all, and they do sound great. It can put a person almost into a catatonic state. Its like it reaches right into the brain and directly activates the center for peace and happiness. Geesh that sounds so cliche and corny. But true.

Third, I call it management. The show is so balanced and well planned. Every girl gets her solo or solos, and also participates with the group pieces. The chorus and instrumental musicians also get some attention. Enough to be noticed and be relevant, yet not taking away from the ladies, who are after all the stars.

Fourth, they are great with the fans. I have e-mailed them once or twice and not only got a response, but got it fast. They do a great job at the M&Gs. They seem to be so real with it all too. Not like a fake kind of PR thing, but they seem to truly enjoy the interaction with fans. They always smile too. How can we not smile back?

Fifth, there is Mairead. Only one dancin' fiddler in the world. One of a kind. You cant find that anywhere else.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 07:56AM »

well for one it's a new thing for america, we were blown away by how talented each of the girls are.
There is just a certain quality about celtic woman that just reaches you and makes you stop for a second to just listen.
And the beauty of how they sing and what they sing just reaches out to us, so its not surprising that they have conquered us so.

~ashley~
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 08:04AM »

Don't Question it, just be glad it is. Somethings just are like breathing.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 08:04AM »

I think most of us were introduced to CW by way of PBS. You looked at them and said"hey,this is reaaly GREAT stuff".When I first saw Mairead,I coudn`t believe my eyes and ears. First of all I was obviousely looking at the most beautiful woman on the planet(maybe the universe) and to just watch her"fly" and listen to that fiddle.....then the others came out and sang.......it wasCW love.....and it`s keeps growing.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 08:17AM »

Smiley   Smiley   Smiley    Smiley   Smiley

Well, this is probably the most difficult question to answer;

and C W was born...

One of our bumper stickers says: God Smiled...and Celtic Woman was born!

Just enjoy that "something happened" and it has made all the difference in our lives.

Shankdee

I would agree with this, as in my opinion, I fully believe there is more to this story, and God is an integral part. The talent, humility, grace, love, etc. is just so much more in evidence than is usually found today, even in some churches!! I remember in the making of Slane part where David said 'prayers' when they were nervous about the whole thing coming together outdoors. I think he meant what he said.
kat
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 08:50AM »

well for one it's a new thing for america, we were blown away by how talented each of the girls are.
There is just a certain quality about celtic woman that just reaches you and makes you stop for a second to just listen.And the beauty of how they sing and what they sing just reaches out to us, so its not surprising that they have conquered us so.
A second is not enough 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: