Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Celtic Woman such a phenomenon?  (Read 14610 times)
Daydreamer

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 05:22PM »

I believe that it is pure magic.
To hear them makes my ears smile;
to watch and listen to them my heart smiles too.
When I see them at Red Rocks I will have rocks in my pockets so as not to float away.

I don't believe that you will ever see a CW woman past or present in the tabloids.
They are pure class.

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 05:54PM »

I guess the follow-up question would be- Then why does no one I know know who they are???

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 06:08PM »

I guess the follow-up question would be- Then why does no one I know know who they are???

Shocked I have to second that...we, few diehard fans cannot believe that others do not know who they are and that they are not "household" words. We have tried evangelizing, and even within our own family circle, and sometimes to no avail, but of course we won't give up. But person after person responds ususally no, when asked if they have any knowledge or have seen C W...
One recent success:  The Head Librarian here on our Marine Corps Base just got promoted to HEAD of all Marine Corps libaries in Quantico, VA....and she heads back to USA in 5 weeks.....she said:" I hope the Celtic woman will be appearing somewhere near me so I can catch a performance"...I told her if it weren't for her having those DVDS and CDs in the library I would probably not know about them. SO, I thanked her for being so "with it" as to have had CW on the shelves for check outs...I told her about OCCWD...and extolled them as much as possible Wink And NOW SHE DOES WANT to SEE THEM in PERSON..so I will get that schedule over to her and hope it works out! ! !  Wink

Another reason they are a phenomenon is the return play...they can be played again and again because there is a classic nature to their songs and presentations. CW FOREVER !!! Kiss

Shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 06:52PM »

Regarding "why no one knows who they are", I still occasionally listen to the car radio(though there`s usually a CW related CD  playing--Raining Up today) but on the local "easy listening" station, I`ve NEVER heard CW played.I wonder if it`s like this everywhere? If at least they were played on the radio, they get the necessary air time so peple would find out about them. Has anyone heard them on the radio?

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 08:23PM »

I have never heard of them on the radio but i think im about to send a very disgruntled email to several radio stations

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2009, 08:34PM »

Smiley  I was sitting in the Lobby of a Hotel in Ventura, CA last Christmas time(I had just arrived from overseas), and I heard "Christmas Pipes" floating in from another room...first time I had ever heard them outside my own CDs AND DVDs !! Smiley

I am listening to chloe sing "Walking in the Air" timeless, ethereal voice...now she is singing "The prayer song...and it is just as beautiful as the first time I heard it! ! Smiley

shankdee

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2009, 09:30AM »

I have never heard of them on the radio but i think im about to send a very disgruntled email to several radio stations

I have thought a countless amount of times to do the exact same thing!!!!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2009, 09:40AM »

I think it was magic from the very start, as David said "it just worked". It was an amazing idea that has definitely exceeded expectations. The girls are so talented, David is so talented, all of the musicians are so talented. they have an amazing support team(set design,lighting,etc.) and for many more reasons.

rick,

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2009, 10:17AM »

So I guess the third part (without changing the threads topic) is how can we change that?

I too believe that the CW are the most talented group of performers ever assembled and I will always take part in promoting them. We all wear buttons and shirts to the shows, but how many wear them in public? I speak only for myself cuz I am so protective of my CW items that I want it to last. I try to buy 2 of everything so I can wear one and save the other. A few weeks ago I wore one of my IOH shirts to the mall and had some comments. What about this idea, pass out CWF buttons at the mall or other public events? Just a thought.

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club www.maireadfanclub.com
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2009, 07:33PM »

I think we all have something to do with it too, because of fans like us, CW has the motivation to be the best of their ability.

GeorgeN

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2009, 10:57AM »

Why do you think CW is such a phenomenon?

It’s a big sound, and it’s a small intimate sound….. It’s simple, yet it’s complex…. It’s a mixture of the traditional and the modern….. it’s a collection of wonderful soloists, yet it’s a coherent group….. they bring us onto an emotional rollercoaster…. the band and support are wonderful.

“….from the first few notes you know it’s Celtic Woman! No one else has that sound!”

OK….. I give up….. CW just *is*…..

….now back to listening….  Grin

GeorgeN
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2009, 11:03AM »

I think we all have something to do with it too, because of fans like us, CW has the motivation to be the best of their ability.

yep. exactly

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2009, 12:30PM »

They were like an alarm clock...... they awakened our irish ancestry.....

bumper sticker....            Awaken your Irish Ancestry....C.W.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 08:53AM by bot1tle » Logged
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2009, 12:16AM »

I will certainly echo that...my br-in-law says his mother is half  Irish and half Scotch...she married a Polish man, but she is
from Newfoundland...where many Scotch Irish settled according to him....He, unfortunately does not share my
love for C  W...I don't think he ever sat down and REALLY listened to them...my sister said she thinks Chloe is a beautiful, natural singer, and then he said, that Meav wearing her Mermaid dress was the most beautiful dress he ever saw on a woman...be we did discuss the fact that his wife and Me ( my sis) have a great grandmother named Nancy Hunter who
was from, Ireland.  so...yes...they have awakened the IRish in our Blood ! ! ! !

shankdee

GeorgeN

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2009, 11:13AM »

........ is half  Irish and half Scotch...she married a Polish man, but she is
from Newfoundland...where many Scotch Irish settled according to him....
shankdee

.....but there were others who lived there once…… the Acadians and the Micmac.....  Cry

See “The Évangéline Collection; Commemorating 400 Years of Acadian Settlement”: http://www.gov.ns.ca/legislature/library/digitalcollection/home.stm

…..but not all my ancestors are French Canadian or Native American; I do have an Irish grandmother, and a big collection of Irish relatives in Albany and Ireland. My mother has always been strongly attached to both her Irish and French roots….. and she loves CW too!  Grin

GeorgeN
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: