Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Celtic Woman such a phenomenon?  (Read 14613 times)
Bajaoutlaw

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2009, 12:51PM »

I feel one major factor is they (all involved) are not trying to sell anything.

They perform at abilities and levels that are beyond description and it speaks for itself. There is no particular fashion, show, lighting, single hit or adgenda.

Celtic Woman simply allows the MOST talented women with a little help from some men Wink, showcase their god given talents. Only a few other performers have been allowed such freedoms.

My simple explanation is that Celtic Woman is such a Phenomenon because it is real music being performed by music lovers with unexplanable talent.
I am grateful to have found them one night many years ago on PBS and to have seen them live several times.

I must also add that solely because of CW I help sponsor the local PBS affiliate in Southern California in my small way.
Kaneyoshi

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2009, 02:24PM »

Why do you think CW is such a phenomenon?
Four Girls with really haunting beautiful voices and the absolute amazing cute fiddle player on earth and David with a awesome feeling for song selections and music arrangements. The beautiful sounds is inspiring and heal the wounded soul at the same time. I think, that's the magic and phenomenon from Celtic Woman. Kiss

Udo

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2009, 09:56PM »

I could write out an entire list of reasons why, but that would not only take until... about 2020, but it won't fit in even 100 posts lol.  To sum it all up, they are my heroes forever and in my eyes, sisters to me.

Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2009, 10:28AM »

Personally,  I think it's because they have this incomparable gift.  No matter who you talk to, anyone who loves CW will tell you that being exposed to Celtic Woman has been a blessing to them on some sort of level.  According to the girls, the Japanese said that CW was "healing music" and that's so true for many people.  So I think its because they are such a blessing.

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2009, 11:15AM »

I could write out an entire list of reasons why, but that would not only take until... about 2020, but it won't fit in even 100 posts lol.  To sum it all up, they are my heroes forever and in my eyes, sisters to me.

Same here, lol  Grin

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2009, 02:06AM »

Cool  Well, if you have one star shining, the light is beautiful, then another star joins the first and the light is even
      more beautiful, then a fiddler appears, glides and tilts her head and strums her bow which leave a comet trail
      of pixie dust, and then two more lights, intensely brilliant appear to join the others...while other lights float
      in and around the main scene, the chorus, instrumentalists and directors....they are stars which light up the
     stages of the US cities time and time again, they are stong, treless....they also cast beams to Europe, South America
     and Asia...Then you have a phenomenon of a brilliant ensemble of music makers which light our worlds with their
     talent and dedication to performing..their song choices inspire and uplift our souls...some of us even saying, "Why can't
     I do that?" We want to be like them, creating harmonies and songs for the whole world. They bring out the best in
     us....witness that beautiful singing by Annie, beautiful art by so many CW F members, incredible banners... our
     resident muscians, our Irish consultant Maggie, Rosie , our Counselor, our Moderators, our college students-plugging
     away each day carrying their loads with grace and having a ball at their respective Universities, our high school
     students still living under mom and dad's rules and enjoying their siblings and friends....our grandparents, and retired
     folks, ( including our veterans) our salt-of-the earth workers like Mel, without whom we wouldn't have a country...
     Labor Omnia Vincent...( oops the OKLA motto just slipped in)
     They are a phenomenon because they have brought us all together as ONE !!!

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2009, 04:19AM »

They`re unique....no one else looks or sounds like they do.Five of the most beautiful woman on earth that sing and play like ANGELS....that`s a phenomenon.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009, 07:56AM »

Don't forget, there are not just 5. We must include Deirdre, Meav, Orlagh and Hayley. While they may not be in the group any longer, they are spreading their talent and CW spirit where ever they go.

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 08:59AM »

And while we're not forgetting--- the musicians, the absolutely wonderful chorus and all the tech's and people behind the scenes and at CW Ltd!! They ALL make up what we get to set and watch and enjoy.

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2009, 12:35AM »

Wink Thank you all for putting up with my "babbling" about C W....I can get so carried away....I forgot to mention the young
    mothers, young fathers and others of you raising your children and taking them to C W concerts-that is awesome.
    So great to read these posts and ideas of why they are such a phenomenon... !  !! 

shankdee

bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2009, 05:04PM »

babble as much as  you want to.... i enjoy reading your replies....
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2009, 08:18AM »

Don't forget, there are not just 5. We must include Deirdre, Meav, Orlagh and Hayley. While they may not be in the group any longer, they are spreading their talent and CW spirit where ever they go.

Yes, that they are...just look  at how much everyone is looking forward to Carnagie Hall and Meav...and how we all waited and
waited until we got Orla's new album...and dumb me...there was that lovely Dierdre singing "CarrickFergus" on stage
in Las Vegas last summer at the closing performance of L of the D.....and I did not recognize her, as I had no program, and had
not seen enough pictures of her to know that it was indeed her. Rich always talks so lovingly about her, I would have loved to
have had the recognition that it was her. She sang beautifully, very sweet. So, I agree that C W spirit goes beyond the 5 of today.

Let's continue to pray for this leg of their TOUR...and their continued health and success !!!
Thank you bot1le for the note( I love and adore your bumper stickers ! ! !)

shankdee

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: