Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs for Alex's CD  (Read 14542 times)
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 05:18PM »

I think she needs to sing, The worrior is a Child by Twila Paris!

isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 06:57PM »

Ebudæ (Enya)

That is my all-time favorite song.  I think it would be interesting to hear Alex cover it.

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
binti

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 05:29AM »

Wow, the list keeps growing with wonderful songs.  Her first CD might need to be a double set, plus, I think she might want to do a CD of religious songs, reflecting her faith.  That would truly be inspirational. 

Thanks to m.k.c. for this lovely banner
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 07:55AM »

I hope Alex is enjoying her "new girl" status because after "Isle of Hope" goes public on PBS, cd and dvd, new fans are gonna be wanting to know where Alex's solo works are.  I would pre-order a cd or dvd with any 12 of the previously suggested songs and would request a bonus track of Alex singing the David Downes arrangement of my favorite Beatles song:  "In My Life."

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 01:41PM »

I hope Alex is enjoying her "new girl" status because after "Isle of Hope" goes public on PBS, cd and dvd, new fans are gonna be wanting to know where Alex's solo works are.  I would pre-order a cd or dvd with any 12 of the previously suggested songs and would request a bonus track of Alex singing the David Downes arrangement of my favorite Beatles song:  "In My Life."

Agreed! Alex keeps adding to her many admirers with every tour - I am sure the new DVD will only make the congregation larger!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
t_eric

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 11:31AM »

I think she should sing Loreena McKennitt's song The Mummers' Dance. She sometimes has a mystical quality to her voice that I think would go well with the song.
ina

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 01:48PM »

I think she should sing Loreena McKennitt's song The Mummers' Dance. She sometimes has a mystical quality to her voice that I think would go well with the song.

Oh Yes, I think she can sing this song very well.
And what is with Mirrors from Sally Oldfield? I think she can sing so clear and mystical as an beautiful old mirror. (I love old mirrors). And in irish style that can sound good.
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 08:35PM »

i like those ideas!

Jwad

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 01:46PM »

I agree!  I instantly thought of that when I read the first post of this thread!  Cheesy  Well, whatever is on Alex's CD, I'm sure it will be AMAZING!  I will definitely rush to buy it when it comes out!!  Wink

Thanks to Western_Rose for the fantastic banners!!! Cheesy
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 07:40PM »

Awesome songs you guys!

Cloudbusting by Kate Bush
Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
Only Hope by Mandy Moore
Remember When It Rained by Josh Groban
My Immortal by Evanescense

I can definitely picture Alex singing anything by Josh Groban.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 08:04PM »

Sometimes a Prayer will Do by Secret Garden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBEe9N5fTpQ
Jack

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 08:16AM »

Sometimes a Prayer will Do by Secret Garden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBEe9N5fTpQ

Agree.  That would be a great song for Alex.

Jack
MaryNorth93
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 01:23PM »

Alex voice is a bit familiar with Ritchie Blackmore, I think she would do a stunning job on the Old Village Lanterne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvJwEu9ghvM&feature=PlayList&p=AEF580EC865AE9EC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=36

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 03:37PM »

I would like to hear her sing Caledonia and the voice. I think she would be amazing at them cause her voice is similar to Lisa's but is different

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 03:57PM »

I would like to hear her sing Caledonia and the voice. I think she would be amazing at them cause her voice is similar to Lisa's but is different

That is EXACTLY what I said in one of my earlier posts!!!!!!!!!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: