Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O, AMERICA OFFICIAL VIDEO + LYRICS  (Read 33601 times)
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2009, 04:51PM »

are u palmie01 from youtube??? is you are u have quite a few CW vids

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2009, 09:29AM »

I think it will be on the IOH dvd. They can't do a DVD without performing it!
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2009, 10:51AM »

I hadn't read through this Thread completely, so I wasn't aware that it contained a discussion about the possibility of having the Ladies perform O, America during the Capitol 4th Concert.  Also, while I've been a member of CWF for a while now, I've just started posting.  So, I wasn't aware of the rules abour splitting Threads.  Having received a stern reminder from aislin, who approriately locked my Topic on the Capitol 4th Concert, you can bet I won't make that mistake again - at least not intentionally.  So my apologies to all.

In any event, like you, I think the Ladies performing O, America at this year's Capitol 4th Concert would be a fantastic end to the brilliant IOH Tour.  With that in mind, I sent email messages to both PBS and President Obama to express my views.  Thus far, I've heard from neither of them (didn't really expect to), but I'm still hoping for the best.

Don S

« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2009, 07:48AM »

I think the Ladies performing O, America at this year's Capitol 4th Concert would be a fantastic end to the brilliant IOH Tour. 

Unfortunately I think we would have had to start lobbying the concert organizers (which include PBS) quite awhile back.  Besides, just imagine the logistics involved getting everyone and everything needed from Red Rocks after the concert there on the 2nd to DC for the (open to the public) dress rehearsal on the 3rd.  And i'm sure they have had everything locked in for the concert for quite awhile by now (see: http://www.pbs.org/capitolfourth/concert.html)

That said, I'd gladly risk the confusion and traffic to actually head downtown, at least for the dress rehearsal, if they were performing (It's way to crowded on the 4th on the mall for me, and parking is almost worse than non-existent).   

--
Don
lnw91

I LOVE LISA KELLY!

« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2009, 05:33PM »

thanks so much for posting the lyrics Cheesy

Peace, Love, and Lisa Kelly.

thank you scott for the amazing banner!!
Gail

« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2009, 09:16PM »

Everytime I see / hear that song, I love it !!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: