Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you love about Lisa?  (Read 76892 times)
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 02:56PM »

Having met Lisa only briefly and totally unexpected by either of us, I found her to be delightful, friendly, beautiful and quite open. Not at all standoffish loke some so called stars are.
I might add that Orlagh is just like her. Those of you who have met all of the ladies can probably attest to my theory that all of the girls are that way.
Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Life is Great!
Honorary Roadie

It pays to be a winner.

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 03:32PM »

Her voice is so soothing and peaceful during a busy day, on a quiet evening or  on the drive to work. and I love her fun voice too. I'll bet her personality matches her performance.

" Winners have two things, definite goals and a burning desire to achieve them."

Slow down if you need to, walk if you must, crawl if you can't do anything else, but don't quit!!

"Pain is temporary, quiting is forever"

Everything Counts

The most important, " ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 03:45PM »

I'll bet her personality matches her performance.
And then some.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 04:31PM »

First, we are talking about music, and she is a vocalist, so, the VOICE would be the most important and first item one needs to look at.

Second, the overall look / performance. We do learn most things via our eyes and we do live in a very visual society. I once read something about how once music could not be separted from its visual. But once recording technology came along, you did have separation, unless you saw a live performance. But MTV and music videos have sort of returned the visual with the sound.  TV Networks like MTV and PBS enable visual performances to be brought right into consumers homes, much like TV brought sporting events right into a fans home (before that, you had to attend games to see them, the alternatives were radio and reading accounts in papers). Also,  DVD recordings allow us to watch anytime we want.

Lisa is attractive, and has all those little things, like moves, interaction with other performers and fans, facial expressions, etc that add to the music and make a great overall performance.

Third, its personality / charisma. She does seem to be friendly, caring, energetic, have a great sense of humor, etc. A lot of good qualities that we wish we all had.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009, 05:04PM »

She the first singer to affect me emotionally

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 06:21PM »

She has proven to be such a joy to us, it is difficult to express the myriad things that make it so.  Beyond her lovely voice, is the ability to get so much out of a song--unrushed and unencumbered by the acrobatic embellishments so many singers today seem compelled to gratuitously put in their songs to the point that they seem burdened and artificial.  

She is beautiful, but obviously not burdened with an ego due to it.  She has made us, her fans, feel that she genuinely cares for us and enjoys performing for us under conditions we know must often be exhausting, though it never shows in the performance.  Her stage presence is marvelous and would grace any stage in the world.   She obviously possesses leadership abilities, though she does not  dominate, but seeks to enhance the performances of the others.  She is a delight to behold in media interviews and with us, her fans, at Meet & Greets during which she gives graciously of her time and attention, always seemngly engaged and never rushed.

And last, but certainly not least, she has found a way to balance this hectic career while being a caring mother and the hero to three young ones, as well as to us!  We marvel and count ourselves blessed for every day she is able to do these things for us all!  Long may they last!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:52PM by Starman » Logged

Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2009, 07:02PM »

This is awesome.  A chance to love on the person I admire.

Okay here are a few:

1.  She's got a lot of heart.  Her love for what she does and her unmatched charm just shines through when she sings and it's captivating.
2.  She's busy as can be but is still a wonderful mother who often brags on her children.  Many people who tour just hire a nany and never spend time with their children.
3.  Lisa's beautiful voice.  It's soothing, warm, loving, and perfect.
4.  She's gorgeous.  And as starman says, she isn't consumed with pride for her looks or her fame.
5.  Through doing what she does best (singing) she's changed the lives of many.

Bottom line, Lisa is amazing.

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
celloSteel

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2009, 07:49PM »

I'm sure multiple people have said this...EVERYTHING about Lisa.

Lisaholic

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE My Lisa-Girl!!

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2009, 07:55PM »

5.  Through doing what she does best (singing) she's changed the lives of many.

Bottom line, Lisa is amazing.

**grabs a kleenex***

So true!

I just (heart) Lisa!  Wink

Thanks, EVI~My "Lisaholic TWIN"~for the beautiful banner!  *squeeeee!!!* Grin

"Hello...My name is...Cindy...and I'm...a LISAHOLIC!"
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2009, 09:51PM »

I've posted this elsewhere but it will fit right in here

Lisa is special to me because she has this quality I have never seen in anyone before. Her smile makes me smile. And I have never once even thought of crying during a song and when I heard her sing live I got very emotional and understood how she has that ability. Happened to me again when watching ANJ on DVD. There is also the joy on her face that I saw when I watched ANJ on PBS and there was this moment in Caledonia where I just went WOW! She makes me melt every time I hear her sing You Raise Me Up, both in ANJ DVD and in the Celtic Woman CD version. I don't think anyone can every instill in me what she has. She has also helped me deal with anxiety. I hear her voice and I'm imediatly calmed. I noticed by the end of watching ANJ i was very relaxed and calm ready for a nap. Lisa this is just another fan saying thank you for just doing your job.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:53PM by lisalover7 » Logged

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2009, 03:40PM »

She captivates me so much that during Caledonia i lost the lyrics which were part of why i fell in love with the song

celticheart18
Honorary Roadie

You'll always have my heart...

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 08:06PM »

She is very motherly. like her voice is makes me think of a mother's voice singing to her children. it's soothing and filled with love
DirtyDiamond
Bodhrán Player

Let me tell you that I love you...

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2009, 04:57AM »

I couldn't agree more!

Annie
Total Fanatic

proud Lisaholic and IreLynn !

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2009, 07:43AM »

I noticed that too! Especially when I saw her singing 'The Christmas song' I thought about it... Wink very true

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 11:27AM »

How she sings "completely" in At the Ceili Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: