Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: autograph  (Read 22311 times)
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 10:02AM »

I would love to meet them all. Or one.... Meet and greets are a little expensive here. A signing would be nice..... Grin

mainopsman

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2007, 06:52AM »

The meet and greets are a good source of extra revenue for PBS stations.   However if you think of how popular these lovely ladies have become, and the size of the crowds at their concerts,the number of people who would love to meet them, it would be a security nightmare for their safety. So, the current meet and greet may be the only answer.

I know I would dearly love to meet several of them, one especially, but I understand the problems.  Maybe some day if I win the lottery, I will be able to meet them all. Til then I can dream.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2007, 11:29AM »

However if you think of how popular these lovely ladies have become, and the size of the crowds at their concerts,the number of people who would love to meet them, it would be a security nightmare for their safety.

I agree, in general, that security is a concern for everyone, esp. celebs. But I don't see it as big a concern for CW as with other celebs. The audience for CW tends to be older and more well behaved. Unlike fans for say young rock&roll type shows, who are more likely to drink, smoke pot, get crazy, etc. Any rules used to establish safety for the girls would likely be followed.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
vanni9283

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 01:21PM »

However if you think of how popular these lovely ladies have become, and the size of the crowds at their concerts,the number of people who would love to meet them, it would be a security nightmare for their safety.

I agree, in general, that security is a concern for everyone, esp. celebs. But I don't see it as big a concern for CW as with other celebs. The audience for CW tends to be older and more well behaved. Unlike fans for say young rock&roll type shows, who are more likely to drink, smoke pot, get crazy, etc. Any rules used to establish safety for the girls would likely be followed.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that CW audiences are "older" than audiences for most other musical groups.  But the type of music they perform I think would be conducive to the more orderly environment at the shows.  I have some other thoughts, but for now, I'll just leave it at this.
Meldy

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 12:25AM »

Yeah, I wouldn't say "older" either but I would say more "controlled."  I love the fact that CW audience is not necessarily "older" but "different."  We're not like all the "other" bands who have uncontrollable fans. Wink

I think all you guys are respectable people and that's what makes CW look even better since their fans are respectable people Wink

Banner by:  Scott
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 08:36AM »

LOL. I love the
young rock&roll type shows, who are more likely to drink, smoke pot, get crazy, etc.

For thiose of you who grew up in the 60's, ever hear of Haight Ashbury, Woodstock, free love? (Ok I was overseas for three years and didn't get to experience all that. I think it was over by the tiome I got home.)

It is us who are now the controlled fans. What is this world coming to? We have become our parents.
  Grin

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Meldy

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 08:42PM »

There must be something wrong with me then because I don't have that "Woodstock" urge....I just know I love CW music!!

Banner by:  Scott
mainopsman

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2007, 10:08AM »

Jim:

I grew up about the same time as you, I was on a additional tour of duty  during "Woodstock".   And if you remember we did get a little wild, well sometimes more then a little, but it usually was a beer party. ( I do remember the hangovers ).  But I think because of where we were, even then, we were a bit more reserved.  A lot of us still are.   

Yes, we have become our parents, just as our children have become us to their children, etc.   As for older, well I more then represent that group, but at CW concerts we see people of all ages, loving it.   Guess what!! I think we did good!! And thank you , CW.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Maggie
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2007, 12:34PM »

Nobody wants anything bad to happen to the CW Ladies, of course.

But it struck me as sad when I saw Chloe and Máiréad being protected by a big, mean security guard.

The price of fame........ Sad
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 05:44PM »

But it struck me as sad when I saw Chloe and Máiréad being protected by a big, mean security guard.

awwwww security guards need love too lol

Did you happen to notice what security company he worked for? Maybe I can apply, I once did the security guard thing. Was a while ago though, and I am no longer big or mean, but still a bit ugly, so that should count for something right? I would even pay to be employed by them, as I am sure others on this forum would as well.  Grin

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 04:29PM »

I Know this is an old thread..
but I'll ad my 2 cents worth .
the autographed photo of the girls that we all got at wolftrap
Is real not printed like some I've seen other artist giveout
It was signed with a sharpie maybe before the show
due to lack of haileys signature....

dave

reading pa nov 1 can't wait

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 11:08PM »

They have autographed photos of Lisa, Máiréad and Orla in their online shop at http://celticwoman.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=9198_10350.  They're 7" x 8.5" and cost $3.00 each.

I wish I would have seen those at that time, I would have bought them.

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: