Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Things You'll Do To Go See Celtic Woman  (Read 6584 times)
CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 03:19PM »

lol awe well at least you know the trip will be worth it. Wink

~ashley~
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 03:31PM »

There are worse places to drive than Atlanta.  If you can, avoid rush hour traffic, drive the speed limit and let all the crazies go around you.  Just stay out of the fast lane(s) and you should be OK.  Being too nervous will not help you.  Being alert will help you.  And, don't forget to buckle up!

To stay on topic, I have driven many miles several times to see CW, and would do it again.  Maybe soon!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 04:24PM »

Like Jim said, there are worse places to drive. It`s called Rhode Island.Cars sold in R.I. have no turn signals because nobody ever uses them anyway. A yellow light means "floor it and beat the red." Those red signs that say STOP mean slow down.The highway system resembles the streets of Berlin circa 1945.Be thankful your seeing them where you are and not have to endure the northeast (Providence, Hartford, Boston).Then you`d really be saying" my gosh, I really am crazy about these ladies to endure this" . Enjoy the show and we`ll expect a review when you get back.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:30PM by Kevin R.I. » Logged

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 04:58PM »

you guys are crazy lol
the craziest thing i would do would be to miss graduation ceremony in order to get a pair of tickets with a meet and greet pass lol.

I would have missed graduation in a heart beat to go see the girls it would have been a treat!

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 09:02AM »

thats dedication lol

~ashley~
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 02:01PM »

I just went to my graduation for my parents sake i couldn't care less...I would probably do many other "extreme things so get meet and greet passes

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Kyradriel

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 10:01AM »

If I had the money to get a ticket,  I would totally drive the hundreds of miles to get to the nearest show in Ohio. But unfortunately, I haven't got the money for the tickets, let alone the gas. I was thinking about posting on Craigslist to offer dogsitting/housesitting, or garden care, or painting, or anything I could do if someone would buy me a ticket and let me go with them, lol. I'd basically slave myself out to go to a show.

GeorgeN

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 08:09PM »

I am blowing a 4 day camping trip and DRIVING 600 miles to Raleigh NC. for two shows.......

Missing out on a planned camping trip? Now that’s the one thing I won’t do to see a CW concert. Wink

So….. I’m going on my 4-day camping trip, and then driving home (4 hours on mountain roads), to un-pack, pick up my wife, re-pack, and then turn right around and drive back on the same roads, plus another 40 miles or so, to attend the concert at University Park!  Cool

Back in March we got a motel reservation for the night of the Wilkes-Barre concert ‘cuz I have long experience with driving thru the snow storms on I-81. I figured I was willing to drive 80 miles thru a blizzard to see the concert, but I didn’t want to face those late-night mountain white-outs driving back after the thing was over. Luckily, all there was that night was a full moon and very high winds that sent everyone scurrying to their cars in a hurry afterwards. We did hit a little snow coming back the next day.

I hope that next year they do the south during the winter and the northeast during the summer. That way I can do something like 4 concerts and not have to worry about traveling in the snow.

George
Kaneyoshi

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 01:13PM »

Hello Scott,

A few weeks ago I have maked a similar trip. It was also my first flight. First with the train from my home town to Frankfurt on the Main, then the flight from Frankfurt on the Main in Germany to Seattle, over 5100 miles. For the  flying personally I've had no fear. I've been nervously something, how I know me way in the aiport and by of customs control. It was many simple, than I have been imagined. Over 40 hours with few sleep, but I'd like it again do at any time. Rewards I have been for this purpose with two fair and beautiful shows on 16. and 17. May in Seattle. Grin Grin Grin

Greetings from Germany
Udo

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
hakuryu

Joanne - Lisa Kelly Fanatic! Alex, Lynn & Mairead!

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 01:27PM »

Since I am a college student so I couldn't pay or drive much but I 'll do some 'extreme' stuff to get meet and greet tickets...
Meeting Lisa/Alex/Mairead/Lynn is a dream of mine

I've met Alex,Chloe, Lynn and Mairead yay!!!!!!!!
Mission Lisa!!
Lisa Kelly - The Voice!
Kyradriel

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 03:33PM »

Considering borrowing a friend's video camera so that you can tape yourself getting down on your knees and begging for someone to sell you just one ticket and one meet and greet pass and to also let you come with them because you're afraid of driving all that way and you'll totally pay for the gas and the food and of course the ticket...does that count? Embarrassed

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: