Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 questions with Alex  (Read 16603 times)
Annie
Total Fanatic

proud Lisaholic and IreLynn !

« on: June 15, 2009, 11:24AM »

found somewhere on the Net Wink

1. T&G: You brought your son, Jacob, on tour with you last year. Is he on tour with you again this year?

Sharpe: This year, he’s been on tour with us full-time – last year it was part-time. He has a tutor, so he’s not missing any schoolwork. He’s getting to visit all of these states, and things like aquariums and children’s museums. He’s getting a whole new education that he doesn’t get at home.

The company also likes having kids on tour. It brings us back to the basics, and it helps us to have more fun.

2. T&G: What is your favorite part about being on tour with Celtic Woman?

Sharpe: We don’t get a lot of down time, but when we do, I like to see cities that I haven’t seen before. Also, there’s always a guarantee that the audience will give us a great response. The American fans are loyal and appreciative, and they express how much they like the music.

3. T&G: Where is your favorite place you have been on the tour so far this year, and why?

Sharpe: Visually, Seattle is beautiful. I love the beach, I love the mountains, but I also love the atmosphere in Seattle. It’s intimate and everything is close, and there’s a beautiful harbor.

4. T&G: Do you have any pre-concert rituals?

Sharpe: I wouldn’t say that I have one, but we [Celtic Woman] have a routine. We have a sound check earlier in the day, and then I eat a big meal. After that, it’s time for hair and makeup. In between that time I check e-mails or hang out with my son. I also like to walk around and get fresh air if I can.

5. T&G: Where do you see yourself in the future?

Sharpe: Hopefully, still with Celtic Woman. I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, so I’d like to record some Christian solo albums. I’d also like to have more children.

Kaneyoshi

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 03:18PM »

Hi Annie

Thanks for your sharing. Interesting short interview with Alex. I agree Alex, Seattle is a very beautiful city, with a wonderful country side. I've been personally flying for two concerts from Celtic Woman  from Germany to Seattle.   Smiley

Greetings
Udo

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
binti

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 07:30PM »

Thanks for sharing this interview with us.  Glad to hear Alex wants to record a Christmas CD.  I wam hoping she might also want to do one of some of the good old non-Christmas hymns.  Glad also that her son is with her full time this year.  Hopefully he has gotten to visit lots of fun places.

Thanks to m.k.c. for this lovely banner
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:33AM »

Alex is one sweet and VERY talented lady.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 12:47PM »

awe that was a good interview, she is a very talented and a great person. I wish her all the luck in the world

~ashley~
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 01:20PM »

Great interview, wonder why only 5 questions (not that it matters)?  Would love to hear some Chrisitan albums by Alex!

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 03:08PM »

I love Alex. She's great and she got some brownie points with me for remembering me at the WPB M&G. Grin I enjoyed that interview and I think it's really cool that she wants to do a Christian album!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 07:18PM »

I have met her twice and she couldn't have been lovlier. Whatever material she chooses for a CD, I am sure it will be beautifully done.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
BrianH_2009
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 11:51PM »

I crave these morsels of information about my beloved CW, thank you Annie Smiley
Annie
Total Fanatic

proud Lisaholic and IreLynn !

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 07:40AM »

You're welcome, Brian Wink

sioned

celtaholic, pleidiol rwyf im gwlad,cymru

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 05:56PM »

thank you for sharing very cool interview

Music is the light,that shines and guides your soul.Embrace it with every fiber in your being!!!!

I'r sawl a roddaf lawer , bydd disgwyl llawer ganddynt.

thanx to scott for the banner Cheesy
hakuryu

Joanne - Lisa Kelly Fanatic! Alex, Lynn & Mairead!

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 12:27PM »

Alex is great!! Thanks for posting the interview!
btw I always think that Alexandria is a cool name Smiley

I've met Alex,Chloe, Lynn and Mairead yay!!!!!!!!
Mission Lisa!!
Lisa Kelly - The Voice!
Celtic Eagle

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 01:27PM »

Alex is devoted to her son and her work and is a down to earth lady. It is good that her and her son can be together on the tour.
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 02:15PM »

I would love to have a christian album from Alex! That would be so cool! I'm also glad she seems to be committed to CW. Always a nice sign!
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 03:26PM »

I would love to have a christian album from Alex! That would be so cool!

I would totally buy it if she did! Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: