Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few thoughts on Cleveland!  (Read 8841 times)
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 07:29PM »

Thanks everybody! That day will hold a very special place in my memory bank - right up there with the first WPB and both Chicago trips!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
sharon

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 08:01PM »

Well, my good friend, Zee, summed up the evening in Cleveland perfectly.  I just want to add that it was such a pleasure to meet Rich.  He is truly a wonderful man and truly deserving of all the nice things people say about him.  I think every forum member should have the same privilege of getting to meet him someday.

I don't think I've come down from the clouds yet....I do believe this was the best show I've seen personally.  Those front row seats sure didn't hurt the situation, and sitting with forum friends is the ONLY way to go!!  I was between Tom and Zee so you know I had a great time!  The first show I saw with forum members was in Akron in November 2007.  That night I met Tom and Darla, Coleen, Zo, Mel and Daryl, and they became instant friends.  There have been 3 Ohio shows I've attended since and with the exception of Coleen and the Troxils not making it to Columbus, this core group has been together each time.  The great thing is that now I can add Andi, Ann, Ryan, Chris, Joe and numerous others to my list of friends.  Of course, the weekend wouldn't have been the same had Zee not been along for the ride!  She is like Rich....deserving of every nice word ever said about her.  

The Cleveland show was as energized as it could possibly be and just kept getting better with each song.  Lisa becomes more special to me every time I see her, and Mairead amazes me more and more with each show!  In Columbus, I got to meet Alex and Lynn and was absolutely enchanted by both of them.  This show was more special watching them....I saw them in ways I hadn't before.  Chloe just blows my mind with how far she has come and matured.  She demonstrates such an effortless presence on stage....you can tell how comfortable she is and how much she loves doing what she does.  Of course, that can be said for all the girls as well, but I think the maturity Chloe has gained over the last couple of years really serves her well.

I knew at dinner that this would not be my night to meet Lisa (I teased Mel that I need to stop hanging out with her.....I don't want it to be as many meet and greets as she went through before meeting Lisa!!).  Our meet and greet was with Chloe and Mairead....they were both so sweet and gracious.  I'm glad I got to meet them...I love how down to earth they were and could have chatted the evening away just as I could have with Alex and Lynn in February.  Celtic Woman shows their fans true appreciation....they should be a role model for all the celebrities in Hollywood.

Thank you to everyone for making the weekend in Cleveland one to remember for a long, long time!  As Zee said.....let's do it again!!

Sharon
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 08:23PM »

Click on image to view full size.

Thank you, CW, for the incredible gift, and Coleen for taking such good care of it and sending me this photo.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 08:29PM »

That is just GORGEOUS, Rich!!!!!!!!!

And well deserved. Woooooooooooo I'm gonna drive up to Jax and steal it! Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 08:33PM »

That's totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Smiley

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 09:21PM »

Rich,

That is very WOW!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 10:00PM »

Nice picture Rich,

I'm looking towards our next show already Sharon.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 03:02AM »

Ahhhhh...that is just soooo coool Rich!!

I like the 'Eat Cake" one best  Grin

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 05:24AM »

Well deserved memento from what must have been a great show!!    I'm adding it to my " Must Do" list for next year!!!    So far it's up to thirty four shows!!!-- J/K.  But WPB and Cleveland and Toledo ( if they do one) are right there with Chicago!!!   I just hope all of you return so I can see friends and meet new ones!   Congratulations on the drum head, Rich, and also for getting to celebrate this birthday!!!   Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 05:50AM »

Beautiful, Rich.  Well deserved.  Happy belated Birthday!!

Brad T

Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 07:15AM »

Happy Belated Birthday, Rich.  Thanks for all you do for us...you are appreciated!  Cheesy

Thanks for the review...good work!   Grin

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 01:09PM »

great picture Grin Grin

i love that Chloe wrote Happy Birthday in Irish!

Eat Cake!

hugs
kathleen

Irishdreamer
Honorary Roadie

Voice of an Angel

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 04:15PM »

Hey Zee sorry I'm a little late it was awesome to see you in Cleveland!!!!!! Wink and Hey great review!!!!!

Sharon it was wonderful meeting you as well and a great review!!!!!! Smiley

Thank you M.K.C for the avvie and banner
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: