Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Fabulous Weekend with CW  (Read 23072 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 06:27PM »

Part 16

During Carolina Rua, I leaned to Ryan and said, I felt so proud of Lynn. We both had been at her first show with CW at Ft. Myers, and to see how much she has become a part of the group, and more relaxed, I was just so thrilled to see Lynn blossom.

Once more, we get see Mairead just get everyone riled up with The Contradiction, and I even got a nod from Nicky, when he first comes out on our side.

The problem with the songs in any CW show, it is very hard to decide which is a fav. There are too many. Have I Told You Lately, is another one. I can never listen to Rod Stewart's version again. I can NOT wait till this is on a CD.

Ahhhh...what I always wait for....when I see Lisa stay on stage after HITYL, I know it's time for...

THE VOICE.

And sitting next to Ryan, once more, was just perfect. Course we two were like the first to stand up hehehe.

Now the FUN would start! Sing Out was going to be Wild!! And it was! We started clapping way before we needed to, but the Girls loved it. You could hear it all the way to the back at times. How can you not get into this song when you have Chloe doing her dance. Ashley calls it a shimmy, which I guess is a good way to describe it. Chloe does this dance through out the show, especially when she spies familiar faces or especially a kid in the audience. She starts with her shoulder dance, then it just moves on down. I swear one of these nights, Chloe is just going to break out and start REALLY Dancing.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 06:28PM »

Part 17

Now, the song WE all had been waiting for, O America. Course Chloe mentions how they have had a wonderful few days in Ohio and I thought, you have one more tomorrow night! It is so good to be able to sing along with this one, and the Girls really enjoyed that. I was trying to get us to do something during the final part, but I forgot to start it, but that will be remedied in Cleveland.

The Finale was another wild one with Mairead, she just seemed really on fire tonight. Course we all are up and cheering as all the Girls come back out for their bows. Lots more interaction with Chloe and Lisa, since they are like right in front of us Wink.

Then right into Spanish Lady, and we just let loose with the clapping along and shoulder shrugs everywhere. It's funny to see Lisa look out like she is expecting some of us to do it, and course I don't disappoint. Seeing Lisa and Chloe just sort of laugh at us doing it is so fun! Lynn and Mairead really like to act up on this, as they bump each other and it just so fun to watch all the girls just having a blast. Then course at the end, they are all lined up across the stage as we go wild with applause, and then something really, truly, never seen before happen. Me and Ryan were looking at Lisa, kind of talking with our eyes and facial expressions, when Lisa just throws back her head and lets out a 'WHOOOO'. Both Ryan and I look at each other in shock then just break out laughing, and Lisa laughs with us, then Chloe looks at Lisa and does the same thing!!

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 06:30PM »

Part 18

Now it was time for us to gather for the M&G, least those of us that had them. Zo did a really wonderful thing, since she had M&G for YT and Cleveland, she gave hers for YT to Ashley, hoping that maybe Chloe would be there. Course she gave Ashley her program in case Mairead was there, as that is Zo's favorite. So our group for the M&G consisted of me, Ashley, Tom, Ryan, Tom's Mother and Aunt, Andi and Anne. I think that was all, if I forgot anyone, I again, apologize. I really do need to start carrying a note book around and keeping notes. It looked like this was going to be a big M&G, as we headed out and then followed the crowd, we were in the corridor that surrounds the arena, where the concessions are. They had a table set up, but that is as far as we could see. As I said, this was pretty large, looked to me to be at least 40 people. I just know we made sure to be last. So we lined up against the wall, and then I seen Claire come over and she starts to say who is going to be there, and I see and read her lips...LISA...and I go...LISA!!!! Couldn't hear who the other was, but Ashley got over excited saying she thought it was Lisa and CHLOE, and I am LIKE YES!!! but then Claire came down closer as she was passing the pictures out and said it was Lisa and Alex. We hear people clap, as the Girls came to sit, but we couldn't see anything. It was funny, this would be only my second meeting with Lisa, and though I was thrilled, I wasn't what I call nervous. I know how I am when I get nervous. I shake uncontrollably, like I am cold, to the point my teeth chatter. But then I realized I have never done that once with any of the Girls! Yes, I may not make a coherent sentence, but that is actually normal for me Cheesy.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 06:31PM »

Part 19 (ok, this is kind of fun)

Ok, for some reason I am the head of the group, except for Tom's Mom, least I think that is who is in front of me. In front of them, was a father with his young daughter, and as we got closer, I seen Lisa was first, and got to watch her with the little girl. First she says she seen the girl in the front row, and they had tried to get her attention. I am not sure if the girl knew they were trying to do that or if she just was too shy to respond. She seemed a bit on the shy side with Lisa. I didn't see what else she said, since we kept talking, and I was kind of trying not to let Lisa see me Cheesy. Then after Tom's mother moved off, well...it was time

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 06:32PM »

Part 20

Lisa looks up, takes my hand and grins and says "Mel! Glad to see you again" and the first thing she talks about is "I saw you last night and was so surprised!" I then told her I wasn't suppose to be at that show, I had like a 12 hr notice of a ticket. Mentioned we almost didn't make it in time, that just as we sat down the lights went out. She says something like "I wasn't expecting to look out and see you but it was a pleasant surprise". Then she does something that shocked me. She looks at all the others, including Rachel, and tells the story of the end of Mo Ghile Mear. "You should of seen it, she tried her best to get the audience going, then she turns to the guy next to her"(Lisa is then demonstrating this next part)"and she grabs the guys arm and says (Lisa says this in a very loud whisper) "Get UP! GET UP!" and she is just cracking up at this as the others do to. I didn't think I was that LOUD! Poor Chris. I told her that these were my last shows this tour, we may have talked about something else here, but I can't remember.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 06:34PM »

Part 21

I moved off to meet with Alex again, and to see Lisa with Ashley.  When Ashley gets to Lisa and one of the first things Lisa says is "Oh, Chloe told me, that if the girl with the white necklace is there tonight, to say that she is such an inspiration to me". The look on Ashley's face was priceless, and I was afraid she would break down and cry, but she stayed sensible and thanked Lisa and not sure all else. I spoke with Alex, said it was great to see her again, but  I told Alex we need to get her more things to sign. I always feel bad cause we only have the one program and the TGJ DVD. I plan on doing something about this before the Fall tour. I need to make something if I have too. About this time Lisa asks me about if we were celebrating Rich's birthday tomorrow, and I said yes, and then Alex asked if it was a Surprise, and I said, he knows about the dinner, as for any surprises, I am sure he KNOWS something is up. He is pretty smart Wink. I backed off to let Ashley have her turn with Alex. . I was so busy watching people with either Lisa or Alex. I do remember at one point when Lisa was talking to Ryan, she was asking him how is job was going, since he works in a auto dealership. That was really a nice thing to do. Just shows these girls do pay attention to some details about fans. Several times Lisa would ask if we all were going to Cleveland's show, and we all said yes, we would be tagging along lol.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 06:35PM »

Part 22

I think Tom was up with Lisa, or just finished, and she then looks at me again, and says "How was Vegas!" I said it was great! "I just LOVE Vegas" she says, then she just gets this look, kind of like what we all must get when we talk about CW, and asks things like "Where did you stay", "Did you see any shows". I told her I stayed at The Orleans, that I use to stay on the Strip, but all my favorite hotels are all gone, and that I have only seen like one show, Mamma Mia. I just don't seem to have enough time. Lisa then says "I could never do more than 4 days" and I just agreed, said that 4 or 5 days is all I can handle. And again, it was just so cool that I wasn't nervous. I just felt that finally, it was the right place and the right time, Ryan would understand what I mean. Anyways she said once more "I just LOVE Vegas and want to go again so much". But then it was time for a few others to go thru, then for both Lisa and Alex to head out. They both waved goodbye, and we all headed out.

I will have to put in a note here about Rachel and Claire. These two have got their act together. I now see why Rachel puts the names on a corner. The girls have to sign so many programs, and they soon get a bunch at once, that without the names, first, the girls wouldn't know who to personalize for, and second, when Claire gets it, she can then hand the right program to the right owner.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 06:36PM »

Part 23 (ohh...my favorite number)

After saying good bye to Zo and Ashley, I headed for my car, and the trip back to Cleveland. At one point I did stop at a Travel Center to find some food as I was starving, but there was like 2 bus loads of teens and I did not want to wait all night. So back in the car I went. Next thing I know...this ...bus passes me. Looked a bit familar lol. But after a while it turned off in a different direction, but that after I hit the construction, I am thinking, the bus drivers probably know how to get around this stuff. I wished then I had gone that way, cause driving thru all that at night was not fun. Finally made it back to Cleveland, and turned down Euclid to get to the parking garage, when I seen a couple buses, and thought...THEIR HERE!!!..Yea...all safe and accounted for! I then head off to my hotel and was asleep by around 2am.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 06:38PM »

Part 24

I woke up around 6:30am, and knowing I would not be able to get back to sleep, got up and got online for a little bit. Then around 7am I was ready to head out, when I get a text from Zo. 'Help!! CW is in the hotel! Can't control Ashley!!!'. I text back that I am on my way to help, when she comes back saying she was just kidding, that Ashley was just a bit...excited. Sheesh. I need coffee. So I head out to go to the Starbucks that is across from The Palace. It was a lovely morning, sunny and comfortable. As I got close to the Wyndham, I see a familiar figure, and realize that Rich is standing outside, so I approach him. He turns and sees me and we hug. We chat for a little bit about things, how his flight in was, and such. I text Zo that I am outside with Rich, and she responds saying Ashley is on her way down, that she (Zo) needs coffee, but needs to shower first. So I figure I would just wait till Zo came down to go to Starbucks. Ashley comes out and talks about how when they pulled up last night, or rather early this morning, that the buses pulled up right behind them. Guess Ashley was getting a bit excited at that time lol. Poor Zo. I asked Ashley what was taking Zo so long, and she heads back up, then comes back saying she will be right down. Finally, I can get some coffee. Having 2 days with only 4hrs of sleep each night was going to make me grumpy soon. Ahhhh...with my coffee in hand, we head back to the Wyndham, where I decided I need food next, since I never did get dinner the night before. We run into Rich again, and he soon comes and sits with us.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 06:39PM »

Part 25

After breakfast, Zo, Ashley and I head down toward my hotel, since that is where the CVS is. Ashley needed to pick up some things. This is when we realize that Cleveland has a huge flying insect problem. They were every where!! Then back to the Lobby of the Wyndham to again, just sit and chat. Again, Rich comes and joins us for a few minutes. Finally I think we all are a bit tired, so I head back to my hotel to see if I can get some sleep. Yea..right. Ashley texts me to see if I wanted to do something, and I said I can come down that way and we can go for a walk. So we headed out, just chatting about CW. I think we must of walked like 3 or 4 blocks when we felt rain drops, so we turned around and once again, hit the lobby. Why do some hotels have the nicest and most comfy couches. After awhile Zo comes down, and again we chat for awhile. Rich comes down again, and FINALLY we see Chris LOL. At one point, Rich is looking out the window when he gets a look and just takes off. I didn't think Rich could move that fast. Seems he spotted someone, but I was just worried he would hurt himself. He came back a bit winded, but other than that he was fine.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 06:41PM »

Part 26 (ooooh...Marbles)

After Rich left, it was just me, Ashley and Zo. I don't know how we got on the subject, maybe something about being a legal age, when Ashley mentions how, though she doesn't smoke, she had to go to the store to get her sister some cigarettes, and she asked the clerk for some Marbles. Both me and Zo look at Ashley, and we go "Marbles??". Ashley kept saying that the clerk looked at her funny, and repeated Marbles.
Then we realize what she meant, and I don't know why it was so funny, but it was the way Ashley would say Marlboro, it kept coming out Marbles. We just cracked up!! I mean both me and Zo were in tears!! I couldn't stop laughing. Then when we tried to tell her how to say Marlboro, we couldn't do it!! It sounded like Marbles!! Then we would say...did you ask for Steelies, or Cat's Eyes....ROFL!!! I think we all laughed a good 5 minutes on this. But Good Lord that felt good to laugh like that! Soon it was time for all of us to head off to get ready for Flannery's Pub for dinner, though I don't know if Rich suspected it would be a Party for him. I just know I had been given instructions to make sure he was there by 5pm. No problem, Coleen had reserved a hotel shuttle to take us over at 4:30. We all started to meet up in the lobby, where Coleen and Michelle, joined us.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 06:42PM »

Part 27

Once inside Flannery's, we had the back room reserved for us. Tom and his wife Darla, Andi and Anne were already there. Soon we had a nice group of like 20 there. Zee and Sharon, then Ryan finally. Also Joe (J.C) showed up with a coworker. He was in Cleveland for business, but was able to get a couple more days because of the CW show that night. Most of us at our table (Coleen, Michelle, Rich, Chris, Zo, Ashley and me) had fish and chips. Poor Zo, had the Shepherds Pie, which was huge! The fish was very good. During the dinner, Rich got a really special call, which is why he needed to be there at 5. At 5:30, Zee hands Rich the phone, as Orlagh was on the other end. The look on his face was priceless! Then he opened some gifts, one was a AMEX card, and the other was a note from Deirdre. Again, you could tell he was deeply touched. Rich also got a call from Kelli. Then came the Cake. It was two tiers, I couldn’t see what was written on the side, but it had one candle in it. Then Darla got voted to cut the cake. With all the women there, no one wanted to do it lol. The cake was wonderful, but there was quite a bit left, so I said I would take some since I drove. Then it was time to head back to the hotel, where I gave my cake to Chris to keep in their room as I did not want to carry that into the venue and the M&G. Then we headed for The Palace. Me and Ashley needed to get there early, because the night before at the M&G in YT, she had talked to Rachel about giving her program to Chloe to sign. At that time Lisa said something, and next thing I know, Rachel took it and told us since we would be in Cleveland the next night, to get to the venue early, find security and ask for Rachel to get it back.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 06:43PM »

Part 28

So that is where we were headed. Unfortunately, once inside, we couldn’t find anyone who was security. Asked at the merchandise table, they had no way to get in contact with Rachel. Then found the House Manager, and he said when we were allowed inside the theatre, there was a security guy at near the end and we could ask him. Well so much for getting there early, as the doors didn’t open till 7:30. We found the guy, explained what was going on, and at first he says we just have to wait till after the show. We said that Rachel, the Tour Manager, told us to contact them before the show. Well he called someone, and we waited, and waited. Finally I just said we need to get to our seats. The man said he would come find us between songs, but I said it would be better if we wait till intermission. During this time, Ashley was trying to see where Tara was sitting. As they had 2nd row seats, but not sure where. Well I see Tara, she looks to be right behind where I am sitting, and Ashley is freaking out they are great seats!! But then she tells me I have to keep ducking my head when Chloe is looking at me, so that Chloe will look at her...yea...right! NOT! Cheesy. We head down, and by golly, Ashley IS right behind me. Joe is on my right with Andi on my left. Ashley is then trying to get Joe to trade but he stands firm.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 06:45PM »

Part 29

Looking around, I realize, a dream of mine was about to come true. We had the front 2 rows, center. Nothing but Forum members. There was Ryan, Anne, Tom, Darla, Zee, Sharon, Andi, me, Joe, Ashley, Tara, Daryl, Zo, Coleen and her husband Jim, Michelle and a few others. The only thing that would of made it complete was Rich and Chris down with us. Instead they were further back, about in the middle. But we would represent the Forum and make Rich proud! I will say that going to my last CW show of the tour surrounded by friends is way better than alone, like in San Francisco. My last show there, it was just me, and I became a bit melancholy then, but tonight I was just plain happy. These past 3 days all were accumulating into this last night, and it was going to be GREAT!! I could feel it.

The highlights of this show for me were:

- Lisa and Fields of Gold once more, I just love watching Lisa with this song more and more.

- Mairead and her facial expression in Coast of Galicia, when she looks at you as if to say "You think I am done?? Huh??" then goes into that final fast part and then that spin. This time I counted, and it looked like about 12. Good Lord!! I would of fallen down after about 3!!

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 06:46PM »

Part 30!

-Ahhhh Chloe!!! Even right now as I write this I have her singing When You Believe in my head. I am just sooo amazed every time I hear her, how much her voice has grown and matured!! And the Power?Huh WOW! I mean you can literally feel it. And as Tom says, the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, especially when your that close! Who knew what that young, 15yr old girl from the first DVD at Helix would develop into.

-I will always get a thrill out of Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears. Alex especially, just really gets into the song and brings you to tears.

-True Colors: I know some people have wondered why some of these more American pop songs are in the show, but ever since my first show of this tour, in Chicago, I have made it a point to really listen to the words, and this is one of the songs. When I listen to Alex sing this song, I envision a young boy, being put on a ship bound for a strange land. A lot of parents did send their children off to America, for a chance at a better life. Saved up what little they had to send that one child off. In my mind, as Alex sings, I see this young child go thru Ellis Island, with a lost look on his face, when a compassionate person picks him out and takes him with them; "You with the sad eyes, don't be discouraged" "It's hard to take courage, in a world full of people". That is how I have tied this song into the theme of the Show. This country is made up people from all walks of life. A Rainbow of people.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: