Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Fabulous Weekend with CW  (Read 23075 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 06:47PM »

Part 31

-Goodnight My Angel is another one I have tied into the theme of Isle of Hope. This one, I see a mother with her sleeping child on a ship bound for America. Not knowing what the future will bring. She is singing this song. Ok, yes I can see Lisa in the role, especially with the line "And deep inside this mother's heart, you'll always be a part of me" again, just gets to me.

-Danny Boy....4 part harmony....chills... enough said Cheesy.

-Mo Ghile Mear will always be a big favorite of mine. Love the drums, but it just a fun song, and watching Lisa and Chloe during the drum session, making faces at each other is just priceless! It's funny though, everytime now, when I see the fire in the background or hear the words Flame, I think of a certain someone who loves FIRE, she knows who she is Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.

Now the intermission and Ashley is off to see about her program, cause I was not going to walk all the way back up and down the other side. First she stopped off to get the extra M&G ticket from Christopher, who said the original person was coming. Great, now she has another chance at meeting Chloe. Does she not have luck or what!! Then she texts me saying that they are bringing out the program, so I make my way over. Seems she had won the security guy over as he just say he wanted to make sure she got it, and he was grinning. Then one of the production guys comes out with the program. Ashley tries to sweet talk him into making sure Chloe would be at the M&G and I just shook my head and said He has no control over that. He basically agreed. Ahhh..kids!! lol. I will say Ashley is very persistent Wink. As we head back to our seat, she looks in her program and freaks out. All the Girls signed except Lynn, and I figured that Lynn was somewhere at the time. But still Ashley was just beside herself. Poor Joe, when we got back to our seats, he was still gone so Ashley basically confiscated his seat next to me. When he did come back, he just looked at her and realized he was defeated lol. So he moved behind me. Thanks Joe, your really a sweet guy. Least I wouldn't have Ashley smacking me on the shoulder to scrunch down now when ever Chloe looked at me hehehe. Now it was time for ACT 2.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 06:48PM »

Part 32

-The Call: Finally I didn't jump with the start! Ok, my heart did a little but that was all. I won't even mention what Ashley was doing with her program. Ok..she had it opened to Chloe's page till Chloe seen it, grinned, and then Ashley closed it. I just sat there, rolled my eyes, like I didn't even know her Cheesy.

-Lynn and Carolina Rua...I like..I like...I LIKE!

-You'll Be in My Heart with Alex is the last of the 3 songs that I made a point to tie in certain lines of the song with the theme. Again, it's involves a mother with a child, on a ship bound for America. "Come stop you crying, it will be all right", "When destiny calls you, you must be strong, cause I may not be with you", the mother is saying that no matter what happens, her child will always be there in her heart. "This bond between us can't be broken", here she is saying that no matter what others say, they will be strong as long as they remain in each others hearts. Ok I am done analyzing my reasons for the songs Tongue. Oh and I got a Wink from Nicky!!

-At the Ceili. Ok, the problem with this production is that no matter how many times you see it, something new always pops up. Toward the end, when Lisa is moving over to her 'guy', Mairead is over with him, and Lisa just gives Mairead a look and then uses her thumb to signal for Mairead to get out of there! It was too funny! This is where you need like 3 sets of eyes..to much going on to catch it all with just one set! Cheesy

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 06:49PM »

Part 33

-Once more, Mairead with The Contradiction just gets everyone going. Having the first 2 rows just go at it with the clapping, then hearing it echoing thru out the theatre as others joined in was awesome! Once more, I was looking at Nicky when he first comes out I look at him, and he nods again.

-I always forget what song is next, then I hear the first strains, and then Lynn comes out, and I get a thrill. Have I Told You Lately is another instant favorite from the first time I heard it with Celtic Woman singing it. All the Girls voices just blend so well together, I just absolutely love the harmonies!! And that one word that starts high then goes low... "Ease my troubles, that's what YOUUUUU do" That YOU part, I LOVE IT!!

-Yes, I am mentioning The Voice. Sorry, but got to. It's Lisa...Nuff said Tongue. She still has the Power to belt that song out, and when she gets to the final loooooooong note...Yea...it's Hammer and Nail time Cheesy.

-Sing Out: I knew this one we were going to let loose on. We just started, much like in YT, just clapping and singing and shoulder dancing, and it was just all out fun!! I have no idea what the rest of the audience was doing but we had 2 rows just a moving and a clapping along. I think we had someone on our right also joining in the fun, cause I seen Lisa look over and get a huge grin and clapped at some one.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 06:51PM »

Part 34

-This time with O America, I had told others about what I wanted to do earlier, and so when the Girls sang the verse again "And I will Take your hand"..we clasped hands, then held them up. Not sure how far down it went, but I know me, Ashley, Andi, Sharon, and I am sure Zee at least were doing it. I think Ashley reached back to clasp someone's hand in the second row. I just know Chloe and Lynn seen it, and they seem to be very pleased with the gesture.

-You Raise Me Up. I have been pretty good this tour not to get to emotional. Till tonight. Just thinking about the whole tour, then thinking back to when I first seen CW on tv, and not knowing where it would lead, and then thinking about all the wonderful things that happened this weekend (some I won't mention publicly) just hit me, and I started to tear up. Ashley kept asking me if I was ok, I shook my head yes, I am fine.

-Thank goodness for the Mairead and the Finale. I need that to recover. Ok not sure if it was just me, but it seem Mairead was just a tad bit on fire from the start. I mean she does her Jimmy Hendrix on the fiddle (as Kathleen likes to call it) and she is just really whipping her head all around. Then she does her spin again, and then points to the Chorus and band members, where I stand to start clapping cause they deserve a Standing O as much as the Girls. I was soon followed by others as Lynn first comes out, then Lisa, then Alex, and finally Chloe!! We all just go nuts!! Clapping, and yelling, and cheering and saying Thank you.

-Spanish Lady: Ahhh..it's sad and happy at the same time. Knowing its is the last show for me, but I quickly get over it as Lisa looks right at me for the first Shoulder Shrug. Then for the very end, we are all up on our feet, clapping and dancing along, or least for me, that's as good as your going to get from me lol. I am NOT A DANCER. But it was still great fun. Lots of waves and blown kisses as the Girls leave. Me and Ashley get a good laugh as Chloe chases some one off the stage.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 06:51PM »

Part 35

Now it's time to take a breather before the M&G. Since we had Lisa and Alex the night before, I was really hoping for Chloe and Mairead. I simply adore Chloe and love meeting her again would be a lovely finish to my final show. And Mairead, well Zo should meet her favorite, since she was nice to give Ashley her M&G from the night before, thus giving up the chance to meet Lisa. We were all assembled in part of the theatre, then headed off, up the stairs to the upper level walkway. There was a small alcove where the table was set up. Again, it looked to be maybe about 20 or maybe even 30 people. I do know that we may not have alot of time as CW had a long drive to Richmond VA, but we all made a point to be after the non forum members. We were then told it would be Chloe and Lisa...uh...Chloe and Mairead. I really don't like when they do that! LOL! But I had too very happy people. Zo and Ashley. Ok...3 very happy people Wink.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 06:53PM »

Part 36

Soon I see Chloe and Mairead come walking down toward us. Once the non-forum members moved off, and when I seen Rich closing in on the table, we moved over so we could watch. He was presenting Chloe with all her Birthday cards people had sent or given Rich in person. She also got a cute white bear, which she sat facing her. I kept hearing her go OOOHHH...and AHHHH..in her Chloe way. Then after Rich was done, both Chloe and Mairead get up. Chloe, the spokesperson says "Happy Birthday Rich, we at Celtic Woman wanted to give you something" she and Mairead reach down and pick up a huge drum head with a bunch of signatures and Happy Birthday Rich written in the middle. To say that Rich was speechless is putting it mildly. You could see he was very surprised and humbled. Chloe went on to say they really appreciate all he does for them. As I moved closer, Rachel smiled and said hi, I returned the greeting. I gave her Joe's program, since he didn't have a M&G pass, and I said I would be glad to get it signed for him. She then asked where did I live, figuring meaning that I was in Cincinnati, then Youngstown and now Cleveland. I mentioned Columbus and its pretty central to all the venues. Then it was my turn for Chloe. Chloe sees me and says something like "Mel! It's great to see you again" I think I thanked her, I don't know. I did tell her that tonight was my last show and she says "you have been traveling as much as we have!" then laughs. I just said I am done for now. She then asked where Sara and something about Trouble, not sure if she said the other half of the Troublemakers or what. There was alot of chattering so I didn't get all she said. I told her Sara wanted to be here but she has 4 more shows. I proceeded to mention them. When I mentioned Red Rocks she asked if I was going to it again, and said no, I just couldn't make it this time. She says "Ahhhhh... we will miss you" but I told her I will be at a show in the Fall and she then goes "GOOD!".

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 06:54PM »

Part 37

Then I moved off to Mairead, forgetting that Ashley was next, so she sort of goes "Mel" and realized I was suppose to introduce her to Chloe, so I sort of stand back and spread my arms and say "And THIS is the Girl with the White Necklace". It was up to Ashley not to faint, as I was now chatting with Mairead Wink. Once more Mairead shakes hands and says "Mel, how are you doing" I said good. Again I am not sure what all we talked about other than I mentioned, as with Chloe that this was my last show. I am done, need a break, which for some reason they all laugh. I think Mairead said something like "Yea we seen alot of you the last 3 nights". She says its been great seeing me at the shows, and they will miss me. I wanted to say that I am sure they were all getting tired of me but decided to just keep quiet. I then said my goodbyes to let Ashley in. When Zo approached Mairead, I move up a bit cause I know Zo was extremely nervous. She did fine, though when Mairead spoke to her, Zo says "I don't know what to say" where Mairead just laughed. I tried to make sure Zo didn't forget anything this time, but as we moved away, she realized she forgot her program, but Claire was on top of it and had it ready. As we walked toward the others, waiting for everyone to finish up, the lights blinked on and off, and the look on Chloe's face as she sort of gripped herself like she was scared, was too funny. Ashley later said she thought Chloe said "Ghost or Ghosties". Apparently the Venue wanted us out so they could lock up and go home.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 06:55PM »

Part 38

So we all headed out, said our goodbyes to Coleen and Michelle, Zee and Sharon. Rich,Chris, Ashley, Zo and I slowly made our way back to the Wyndham, basking in the afterglow of the evening. Joe pulled up and I was able to give him his signed program. He was very delighted and thanked me for doing that for him. I just told him it gave me something to give the girls as I really have had enough stuff signed. I just like being able to chat with them, even if for just a few quick minutes. Then we caught up with Rich who was sitting outside, and we sat and chatted a few more minutes. Thinking about how it turned out to be a perfect day and evening. I think Rich was still just in awe of not just the gift from CW but the whole evening. He mentioned, that sitting farther back and seeing the front 2 center rows with all Forum members, standing up as one for the Girls was just wonderful to see. We did ask him about the Marbles Cheesy. We told him Ashley’s story, and we had another good laugh. Rich is a smart guy, he explained its the darn L in Marlboro. It they get rid of it, it be easier to say MAR BORO.  That L is like a hurdle, you get you tongue caught on it going over it and drag it along.  Anyways it was time to head back to my hotel and bed. I gave Rich a hug, and thanked him, told him today was a very Special Day, not just for him but for me too. I did a quick pack of most of my stuff, then hit the bed.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 06:56PM »

Part 39

Was up at 7am, to finish packing. Zo would be dropping Ashley off, as she would be going back to Columbus with me. Seems Ashley on lives just a few miles from me.  After checking out, and having put all my stuff in the car, I waited out side the Holiday Inn Express. I then spy Zo and Sharon coming and we chat for a bit. Then Zo drops Ashley off.  We say our goodbyes to Zo, then to Zee and Sharon. Time to hit the road for the 3hr drive home. Boy, that 3hrs flew by, seems someone couldn’t stop talking...too bad it wasn’t Ashley Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy!!

Well that is if for this Novel. Sorry it’s so long, but with 3 wonderful shows, and all the stuff between, just kind of took a life of it’s own.

This weekend will forever be a wonderful memory. Some very special things happened, and those memories will be something I can reflect back on when I find myself down, or stressed. Hopefully they will help me get thru whatever life throws at me.

I will leave with this.

Rich did get a very special surprise meeting with Lisa. I will leave it up to Rich to tell the tale, IF he so wishes to do so. But he does have witnesses. Rich, I am soooo glad you had a wonderful birthday! You are very special to me, and to others on this forum. Thanks so much!

That is..can I go to bed now???

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 07:01PM »

Whew, I'm tired now!   Cheesy  Thanks for your persistence in getting it all posted, Mel, it was good reading!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 07:03PM »

I am not the persistant one...

<points at Ashley>  Grin Grin Grin

sioned

celtaholic, pleidiol rwyf im gwlad,cymru

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 07:06PM »

waaaww what a fantastic review  im tired now after just reading it!!! thanks mel  Cheesy

Music is the light,that shines and guides your soul.Embrace it with every fiber in your being!!!!

I'r sawl a roddaf lawer , bydd disgwyl llawer ganddynt.

thanx to scott for the banner Cheesy
CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 07:07PM »

hey now I cant help it, I want what I want And I TRY my hardest to get it. lol
great review mel I knew it was going to be an awesome read.
And thanks for being there for me this weekend you and zo made it something special, Im just glad I found someone who I could talk to.
~I am the white necklace girl~
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:09PM by CWsenior » Logged

~ashley~
CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 07:11PM »

OHH and you know chloe got a kick out of seeing me hold up her section of the program lol I wanted her to know I got it back lol.
Im gonna be trouble from now on now that I know chloe and lisa know who I am, so just watch out lol

~ashley~
Gambit

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 07:20PM »

I loved reading your review!  If CW has a fall tour I'm definitely going.     

Thanks for the buttons, Rich!

God bless our troops!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: