Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Fabulous Weekend with CW  (Read 23076 times)
DALTON

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2009, 07:21PM »

I am really impressed with the review.  I dont impress easily.  Mel you made it as though the rest of us were there too.  You could teach some newpaper people a few things but they write under different rules. Thank you so much for letting the rest of us live vicariously through your eyes.  Love long books and this has got to be the longest review I have ever seen!

Thanks again

DALTON THE BEAR
Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 08:47PM »

BRAVO!!  BRAVO!!  BRAVO!!...and did I mention B R A V O Huh  I took a break after #12 and made
dinner...never thinking it would go into the 30's.  Thanks so much for every word...I could
see you saying some of these things (and I've never met you) and cracking up.  You are a
discriptive writer and it makes it so much fun for the readers.  I definitely want to see a
show with you!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  My concert is a blurr...too much to take in at one sitting...your
sharing brought back some of what I thought I missed.  You are too much, Mel...don't change,
you are a joy!  Thanks!   Grin

cjensen

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2009, 09:16PM »

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your writeup. You saved your best review for last!
Thanks for helping those of us who couldn't be there to experience a Celtic Woman concert the way you do.

Sorry to hear these were your last concerts for this tour, but we hope there will be more in the future.
We look forward to sharing a front row seat with you in the future.

Take care,
J & K
Daryl Long

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2009, 10:19PM »

It was such a blessing to be at both shows.  Started Youngstown way back in Row R.  I sat next to a woman (looked to be in her mid 40's) and her mother.  I tried to strike up a conversation about Celtic Woman and was totally blown away by the response.  The woman turned to her mother and asked if it was OK to speak to me.  Mom said I was a stranger and probably shouldn't.  I mean, when you attend an event at a venue that seats over 5000 people a majority of them are strangers.  Thankfully, the couple on the other side of me heard it struck up a conversation with me. 

Well, I gave the appropriate standing ovations from my seat along with those in the front two rows.  I hooped and hollered but no one else between me and front excepting our glorious forum members got the hint.  The only saving grace was the forum did not have to witness the tears streaming down my face during Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears.

The Second Half was a huge blessing.  Whether you call it the Mel Move or as Tom put it "Intermission Seat Upgrade" (ISO) all I know is I am getting real good at it.  I now am in the 2nd Row center.  Ashley and Tara were doing a Mel Move to the front row but not next to each othe.  I was going to move into one of thier original seats but low and behold the Lord was with this Ol' Preacher and and parted the sea of people to show me there was a lone empty seat left 2nd row center. I reached the Promised Land once again to be close to my Forum friends and of course "The Girls".
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 04:47AM »

Thanks everyone.

Like I said, has to be CW that inspires me, cause I never, ever thought about writing. I use to hate doing creative writing in school.

Just takes a life of its own. I just know I have to try and hurry to get it all down before it starts to fade a bit. Thank Goodness for computers, cause there is no way I could ever hand write any of that  Shocked.

I will have to put in some thanks here now.

First to Chris, and Tom, for suggesting to Chris, about seeing if I wanted that extra ticket.

To Zo, thanks for the room, It was much appreciated, even if the Jacuzzi was never used, but that thing was HUGE. Would of taken a couple hours to fill at the rate it was going.

To  Ashley, it was great to meet and hang around you, even if you got pushy at times lol. And both me and Zo didn't mean to Mother you too much. Just looking out for you Wink.

To Zee and Coleen, and to all who helped, for arranging Rich's birthday, Thanks. I know he appreciated all you did.

To Ryan, Thanks for being there at so many of my shows. And soo glad you could be there for these last 2. It was worth paying you the $5, even if Lisa didn't know what for Wink Cheesy.

To Chris Ropes. I love your immitation of Emily!! Cheesy

To Rich: what can I say I haven't said before. Your are a wonderful friend to all of us and the CW. Thanks so much for everything.

There are too many to thank, but to the rest, Tom, Andi, Sharon, Daryl, Joe, and I know I am missing other, its great to see old friends and make new ones. The shows are so much better with friends there to enjoy it with.

A speical Thanks to Lynn, Alex, Mairead, Chloe and ESPECIALLY Lisa. You all made this weekend very special for all of us, but especially for Rich. Thanks so much!

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 06:27AM »

Great review Mel, even though you wouldn't tell me earlier what the marbles was all about!   Cheesy

I wish you were coming to RR too, but we'll just have to wait till the fall to go to a show together.  We have a reputation to live up to now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 07:04AM »

Great review Mel, even though you wouldn't tell me earlier what the marbles was all about!   Cheesy

I wish you were coming to RR too, but we'll just have to wait till the fall to go to a show together.  We have a reputation to live up to now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, especially when SOMEONE tells me to be GOOD  Grin and I said..but Sara isn't here lol!

searcher119

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2009, 07:20AM »

Mel,

I just love reading your reviews, it was well worth the wait! Your reviews always make one feel like they are right there with you sharing your experience. I hope one day to be able to experience a CW show in your company as well as other forum members and feel the excitement for real.  Thank you for a fun, yet long review!!!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 07:25AM »

Well, I would certainly second that, it seemed like we were right there with you as you described not only the girls, but the other forum members as well...incredible...that you made all the shows...glad to see that Ashley got to meet Chloe!!!
That must have been a highlight for her. Glad to see that Rich was honored for his birthday and all that he does for the forum...Thanks again for taking time to write it all down...Ohio Rocks!!

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
rosie l

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 07:38AM »

Thanks for a wonderful review!!!   I still think your calling is to be a writer. You certainly have the talent for it.

Rosie

Antiup

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 07:45AM »

Great Post Mel, as many have said before, it felt like I was there with you.

Sounded like an excellent time and I will have to catch a show with you during the fall tour.
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2009, 08:29AM »

I am smiling!!!!   Grin Grin Grin

Great 3 Shows!

Mel...Looking forward to the fall and seeing a few shows with you!

Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2009, 08:52AM »

Wow, that was quite a review.  Glad I sat down with a drink before reading.   Cheesy
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Mel.  Thank you for sharing with us.

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2009, 09:55AM »

Great review Mel, I'm glad you had fun and got to meet Lisa again. Always worth waiting for.

Thanks Mel!
CTofer

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2009, 11:17AM »

Mel , a fantastic read as always!! You have a great knack for remembering things other folks like me miss or forget. It was wonderful to read and re-live those truly wonderful experiences. Thank you for taking the time to write it all down (or type in this case) so we can always remember these special moments!     -Chris
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: