Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 1000   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infamous Random Thread (IRT)  (Read 2089788 times)
Méav_4EVER
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #855 on: July 15, 2007, 03:53PM »

No I don't think so! Smiley
Irish_Lass

Look out, Look out, there's a hood about!

« Reply #856 on: July 15, 2007, 08:01PM »

On the movie thing, I liked it, but I definitely don't think it was my favorite.
I've never been one to judge them based on the books, because I understand that a book and a movie are two totally different types of media, but the movie really disappointed me.

Don't get me wrong, it had it's moments. The special effects were no less than amazing! I loved the flying scenes, and the final battle between Voldermort and Dumbledore. I also thought that they did the OTP headquarters perfectly. It was just like I imagined it. And yes, Umbridge was cast unbelievably well! I wanted to slap that woman across the face!

I also really liked Bellatrix Lestrange. Yeah, she was evil, but man, was she cool!  Grin The shot of Azkaban was also awesome, and the dementors were spine-tinglingly creepy.

I kind of felt like it lacked continuity, though. They included most of the plot line, but it seemed like they took little pieces of each part and just sort of threw them together. It sort of lacked emotion for me. When Sirius died, I really didn't feel sad at all, which is horrible! That was such a depressing part of the book! I also didn't feel like they emphasized the door in Harry's dreams enough. And the bit about Mr. Weasley getting attacked was really played down. The Durselys were rather bland in the beginning, as well.

Oh! I forgot to mention that the setup of the ministry of magic was awesome! They did that so well! And Umbridge's office was hysterical with all of the cats!

Anyway, not my favorite (the 3rd one is), but still not a bad movie! I shall jump down from my soap box now.  Wink

No, no, no! That was a great review! Very balanced as willow said! I agree about the Sirius dying thing! I was just shocked though... B/c I haven't read the OotP yet and I really did not know what was coming... But I didn't really feel the urge to cry at any part of the movie! though my sister did cry... and she does not cry often at movies! I'm normally the one who cries at all movies! lol But yes... Some of it was not done well... Like the Dursleys... Was it just me or did they lose thier talent of acting... all of them....? But I loved the part when Harry is battling Voldemort in his mind... That was SO powerful... so moving... I loved that part....

I do think they should've shown Luna and Tonks way more... Those are some of the ppl I wanted to see most... Mostly Luna! She was so cute! Smiley I really wish they would've shown Tonks and Luna more... Tonks was barely in the movie at all! But she was prefectly cast... her and Luna! AND I HATED UMBRIDGE!!!! My sisters say that she was much more horrible in the book...

Anyway, now that I have rambled enough to make a long post, I will also step down... I just love talking about that movie! Smiley

Irish_Lass

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #857 on: July 15, 2007, 09:07PM »

I can't wait to watch the rest.  Got about an hour into it and my niece wanted to leave.  I gave her the choice of HP or ratattouie and sHe choose HP, should have done the other.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #858 on: July 15, 2007, 10:17PM »

Ratatouille is great!  Lots of fun.  Like all the Pixar movies, it's hilarious, but has a big heart.  It hit me, I've seen a lot of movies this summer!  Sometimes I'll go for months without going to a movie, but there's been a lot of movies I've wanted to see this summer.  I thoroughly enjoyed Pirates (gee, how many times have I said that?   Roll Eyes ), liked Shrek 3, but was a little disappointed, Evan Almighty was enjoyable-Steve Carell did a great job! 

Then we come to Potter, which had it's ups and downs, one thing that I didn't bring up before was how well the kids did - they are all developing into fine actors.  They've always been good, but as the intensity of the books increases, they have risen to the challenge of more emotionally complex scenes beautifully. 

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Starrgurl

All the things she said running through my head...

« Reply #859 on: July 16, 2007, 03:01PM »

Ratatouille really was great! Especially the short film at the beginning that was HILARIOUS! I had no idea alien abduction could be so funny!

If we all will dare to dream dreams
Of a new and brighter day
If we work to make them come true
We will surely find a way
Irish_Lass

Look out, Look out, there's a hood about!

« Reply #860 on: July 16, 2007, 03:12PM »

Ratatouille didn't impress me as much as all the other Pixar movies! I mean it was good but just not as good as the others!
  I thoroughly enjoyed Pirates (gee, how many times have I said that?   Roll Eyes ),

I hated this last Pirates movie! Smiley There was just so much about it that was... dumb in a way! (Sorry, can't think of another word... Smiley)

Irish_Lass

Méav_4EVER
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #861 on: July 16, 2007, 07:39PM »

So what is everybody's favorite Ice cream flavor?

I like Edy's birthday cake and Strickland's chocolate. YUM!
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #862 on: July 16, 2007, 07:42PM »

Did we discuss this already?

Sara
Méav_4EVER
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #863 on: July 16, 2007, 07:43PM »

dont' know I was trying to change the topic...
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #864 on: July 16, 2007, 08:17PM »

I guess thats beauty of randomness.

Sara
Méav_4EVER
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #865 on: July 16, 2007, 08:19PM »

Yep anybody got a topic?
fireyred09
« Reply #866 on: July 16, 2007, 08:50PM »

Lisa or Enya on May it Be?

I've been watching LOTR every night, and every time I watch it, I think of the girls, especially Lisa.
I so wish they could have used hers in the movie. I think it's my favorite Lisa song of all time...
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #867 on: July 16, 2007, 08:56PM »

Lisa above Enya and Hayley.

Sara
Méav_4EVER
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #868 on: July 16, 2007, 08:58PM »

I agree.
celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #869 on: July 16, 2007, 08:58PM »

Lisa above Enya and Hayley.

I agree.

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 1000   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: