Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 1000   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infamous Random Thread (IRT)  (Read 2089164 times)
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #870 on: July 17, 2007, 08:29AM »

Ditto!

Thanks Lindsey
Flaming Fiddle Films

Have camera, will travel

« Reply #871 on: July 17, 2007, 08:33AM »

Though I really really really like Hans Zimmer's Now We Are Free (from Gladiator), I like Lisa's version better. 

"We're always happy. Life's for livin, yeah that's our philosophy."
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #872 on: July 17, 2007, 08:51AM »

i have both versions on my ipod so I will listen to one and then switch just for the fun of it!

Thanks Lindsey
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #873 on: July 17, 2007, 09:48AM »

LisaLisaLisaLisaLisaLisaLisaLisaLisaLisaLisa!!!!! Grin

I must say, Hayley is great and Enya's something different......however...oh, but if I said I was a tad biased, I know who'd show up! Wink

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #874 on: July 17, 2007, 09:52AM »

I must say I enjoy Lisa's most as well!

<3 Lauren

<3
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #875 on: July 17, 2007, 10:55AM »

What is it about Lisa that makes her our favorite?
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #876 on: July 17, 2007, 12:53PM »

I think Hayley's May It Be was a little better than Lisa's but I think Lisa's could have been better if she had a little more strength in her voice. To me, it just seemed on the first DVD Lisa wasn't as strong, radiant, energized, I am not sure of the correct word, but on ANJ she seemed to really have more power and confidence. Same with Mauread on the 1st dvd. Was like on the 2nd someone cut her loose. A lot more energy and freedom. Just my opinion, I dont know, maybe I am nuts. Anyone else think that the 2nd dvd let the girls loose to do their thing and show their strengths, while on the 1st they were sort of tamer, controlled, more subdued?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

« Reply #877 on: July 17, 2007, 12:55PM »

They didn't know it'd be a continuous thing back then....Plus, Lisa had slower songs, and Máiréad didn't have a lot of running room. Smiley

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Thistle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #878 on: July 17, 2007, 01:02PM »

What is Enya's opinion concerning Celtic Woman? Huh

"Listen, my child," you say to me;
"I am the voice of your history!"
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #879 on: July 17, 2007, 01:44PM »

Lisa had just given birth to her second son 4 weeks before the Helix show was filmed.  I loved the songs she sang.   One of my favorite moments from all the DVDs is when she sang "Send Me a Song" with David on the piano, and the hug afterward.  I definitely used up the Kleenex on that one. 

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

« Reply #880 on: July 17, 2007, 02:09PM »

I love that song.  As to why we love Lisa, I don't really know....she has a very lovely disposition, a sweet voice, a......very nice....appearance..... Wink ......but I am not sure......I like Hayley, too........her voice is so strong and pure.  And Máiréad is in a class of her own! Grin

Seriously, comparing fiddle to voice is like comparing video games to chocolate! Cheesy

CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #881 on: July 17, 2007, 02:22PM »

Back to "May it Be" for a moment, I, surprise surprise, prefer Hayley's version to Lisa's. But I looooove Lisa's. And they both rank much higher in my estimation than Enya's version. I was never much of an Enya fan. I guess I like Enya songs, I just prefer when someone else sings and performs them. Like Orinoco Flow.

I guess I'm a tad biased in my own way. But then again, who on this board isn't? If Meav did a version, a bunch of people would say that one was the best. And so on for the other girls. The fact that we're all so biased and yet still agree on so much is one of the wonders of this wacky forum!

Chris

Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

« Reply #882 on: July 17, 2007, 02:38PM »

Well, tad biased didn't show, but biased junior sure did! Grin

Sadly, I haven't had a chance to listen to Hayley's version, or Enya's.

CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #883 on: July 17, 2007, 02:41PM »

Tad biased junior, hahaha. That's me, wheeeee.  Cheesy

Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

« Reply #884 on: July 17, 2007, 02:44PM »

Acts the same, too. Roll Eyes   Although, perhaps more enthusiatic...... Wink

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 1000   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: