Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just some notes.  (Read 8873 times)
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« on: June 24, 2007, 02:00PM »

These are the notes I made during my most recent viewing of the Helix concert (a couple minutes ago. Wink).

Walking In the Air-Chloe just looks so much younger here...

Danny Boy-Meav gestures to the chorus here too. Smiley They don't get quite as much recognition now, but they've only had this song.

The Butterfly-Ray, not Nicky (he's not here for starters), with the spoons. They do alternate. I did glimpse a bodhran in one shot.

Siuil a Ruin-Orlagh's changed quite a bit

Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring-I wish they'd play it more often. I did notice a plant in the foreground of one of the shots from the back of the stage. Interesting arrangement (3 in a row, with Mairead off to the side).

May it Be-It's not really a song you can move around during, so Lisa stands in one spot without looking the least bit uncomfortable.

Isle of Innisfree-It's beautiful on the CD, but even better on the DVD.

AM-Two harps? Chloe's standing off to the side, not directly behind Orlagh. She seems rather moved by it.

Si do Mhaimeo I-Not quite as bouncy as during Dulaman, but still a couple of lovely moments. Mairead doesn't move around quite as much. The chorus is really good here.

My Lagan Love-Rather surprised they cut it, but almost understandable, as it really seems to belong in front of Somewhere.

Somewhere-It seems rather different: the ladies are more reserved.

The Soft Goodbye-Spine-tingling as always, but it's even better live. Couple of very nice moments.

She Moved Through the Fair-Haunting, with the chorus arranged very nicely (in two rows, facing outwards).

Send Me a Song-Very nice interactions. I'm still hoping for a music video. Tongue The flute player's on the current tour, also. The audience really loved it.

Someday-Chloe's theme song? Grin It also shows you just how big the stage is!

I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls-Why was this cut?! It's amazing! Shocked

Orinoco Flow-See it live. NOW. It's even more awesome that way. Wink

The Ashoken Farewell-The Contraction-Shenandoah-TPS' apparent predecessor. Mairead catches someone's eye in the first part, and guess who blinked first. Cheesy It's still a shame how the audience stops clapping at the end. Undecided

Harry's Game-Orlagh's new unofficial theme. Cheesy Haunting (that's the third time I've used that word in this post)

Nella Fantasia-Featuring David Agnew. Smiley This one flows a bit more readily than the current version, with some gorgeous potential banner/avatar moments.

One World-A bit like Sing Out, but not as bouncy.

You Raise Me Up-Another good place to look for some avatars/banners. Orlagh's rather left out until the second-to-last verse. The ladies, Chloe especially, look almost embarrassed with the amount of applause they're getting at first. Grin
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 06:54PM by flip8 » Logged

Lisa_is_my_idol!!!!

Hoping to meet Lisa one fine day

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 02:38PM »

I have a problem!! I dont know what half of those abreviations are!!! I figured out some of them, but I dont get all of them.

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 02:44PM »

Same Hayley Fan. Leland we need some help!

Thanks Lindsey
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 02:49PM »

I wish Flip8 was in some of my law school classes. He takes excellent law school type notes. Concise. Meaningful. use of abbreviations. I would be asking him if i could copy them, and if i could get a copy of his class outlines. Although the yellow font isnt easy to read.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 02:53PM by Cash » Logged

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 02:49PM »

Its the songs in order on the helix dvd.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Lisa_is_my_idol!!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 03:00PM »

just one problem, i dont have the helix dvd

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 03:02PM »

just one problem, i dont have the helix dvd
Time to visit amazon.com and make a purchase. Hayley's dvd is also excellent. maybe you can get a discount if you buy both together? worth a look.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Lisa_is_my_idol!!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 03:03PM »

I'll look into that Smiley

fireyred09
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 03:09PM »

Oh Leland, your posts make me smile  Smiley
Texas Chava

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 03:09PM »

I have to run downstairs to get the dvd to check the abbreviations.  Leland, could you give us a cheat sheet??? Wink

Banner by Scott
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 06:22PM »

Last rose/ walking in air, danny boy, the butterfly,  siuil a run, jesu joy mans ddsiring, may it be, isle inisfree, ave maria, si do mhaimeo i, my lagan love, somewhere, soft goodbye, she moved thru the fair, send me a song, someday, i dreamt i dwelt in marble halls, orinoco flow, ashoken farewell/ contradiction, harrys game, nella fantasia, one world, w you raise me up.

Sara
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 06:24PM »

Sorry i couldnt put them in more of a list because im typing this on my cell phone and it dorent display the same.

Sara
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 06:54PM »

Whoops. Just came back from playing RC, saw the posts and could've slapped myself (I did, actually). The 'translations' are up now; sorry for not putting them up sooner. Embarrassed

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 07:43PM »

Whoops. Just came back from playing RC, saw the posts and could've slapped myself (I did, actually). The 'translations' are up now; sorry for not putting them up sooner. Embarrassed

Oh sure. You unabbreviate the abbrevs I understand, and now start using ones I dont know. What is 'RC' ?

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 05:54AM »

Republic Commando. Grin
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: