Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A night to remember Boise May 13  (Read 4799 times)
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« on: June 28, 2009, 12:38AM »

I know this is long over due, but I was waiting until everyone had the chance to read The Voice. Sorry this is so long.

Boise May 13th

I woke up this morning before my alarm went off because I was so excited. Today I was flying to Boise to join Kaylie (cellosteel) for another Celtic Woman concert. I got my kids ready and Brooke off to school. My friend Anita arrived to take me to the airport. On the way there I had so many butterflies in my stomach and it was hours before the concerts. The flight was good and short plus I had my Dramamine. Smiley
   Kaylie picked me up at the airport. I have to say Kaylie is such an awesome person. If you get the chance to meet her or got to a concert with her take that chance. She is wonderful and you will have so much fun!
   As we are going to Kaylie's place she tells me that the tickets are better than she thought. They are Orchestra row B. If I didn't have a smile before I did now and felt like shouting for joy. All 5 of us were ready and off to PF Chang's for dinner. We then met our 6th member to our group. Dinner was great! Full of smiles and laughter.  I had never eaten there before. We ordered several different things and passed them around the table so we could to try a little of everything. After stuffing ourselves with food it was time to go to the concert. So the 6 of us piled into Kaylie's car. Yes, piled because Kaylie's car only had seats for 5. We were laughing so hard it made me wish I hadn't eaten so much. Smiley As Kaylie is about to turn into the parking lot a woman starts running across the road. She looked concerned or trying to catch someone. Then we realize that the concerned woman was Lynn. She has excellent form by the way. Kaylie was freaking out because she almost hit Lynn.
   We pulled in and parked. Walking into the Morrison Center it felt right,comfortable, personal. There is a difference between CW playing in a type of center (ex E Center) than there is when they play in a theater. I stood there for a moment looking at the art work of the building. It is very beautiful. Then we were off to buy stuff. After  buying a program and magnet  the 6 of us made our way to our seats. Now this was the best seat I have ever had. Wow and I mean WOW! My seat was orch row B seat 4. As I take my seat my excitement is growing and I am thinking I am going to burst! LOL! Then the fog starts and someone starts talking. The butterflies settle down as I listen  with a smile on my face. Mairead starts playing, how beautiful and talented she is. Following her comes 4 more beautiful Celtic Woman. I sit and take it in for a moment before I have to sing.Smiley  All of us were smiling. Right before the song Kaylie leaned over and whispered that we should all stand after the The Sky And The Dawn And The Sun was over. The 6 of us stood up happily clapping as hard as we could.
   As I sat down I knew Lisa was going to sing Field of Gold. I attended the Salt Lake City show the night before and it seemed like she didn't feel well. But as I watched and listened I didn't see that tonight. Lisa was smiling and singing as beautifully as she always has before.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:42AM by jillebeans » Logged
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 12:39AM »

Mairead was up next with Coast of Galicia. This is such a fun song. I had to start clapping and whooping with this one. Mairead is amazing! She was having so much fun with all of us and a little girl in the front row. Mairead even stopped right in front of her several times and played right to her. That put the biggest smile on my face. How sweet of Mairead! As we continued clapping I looked over at Des, Eoghan, and Tommy(I think) who plays the whistles. Tommy was smiling at us and Eoghan a little. When ever I looked at Des he had his eyes closed. I thought poor Des he is so tired from the long tour. But as I watched through out the evening Des was listening to the music. Enjoying every sound. He never missed a beat.
   It was Lynn's turn with Dulaman. I enjoy listening to Lynn's voice range and how smoothly she sings. I have noticed that Lynn has gotten more playful with Dermot and Andrew(I think). Dermot made me laugh with his expressions.
   As the notes for the next song are played and I know right off the bat that Orinoco Flow is next. I sat up ready to dance and sing. This was so much fun with big smiles from Mairead, Lisa, and Chloe. We even did the wave. Smiley
   I like the transition that they do to lead into Alex's song, True Colors. They all together do a dance to the music and float off the stage. Now for me I haven't known what to think about Alex. When I saw her last year to me it seemed like she was trying to hard. She moved her eyebrows a lot and seemed like she was yelling. Maybe it was because she was trying to sing Lisa's songs. I don't know the reason why it seemed this way to me but what I do know is that this was not the case tonight! She sang beautifully and expressed herself with the words perfectly! It was really good!
   When You Believe is such a beautiful , touching song by Chloe. Chloe sang this song with so much emotion it brought tears to my eyes. She also bent down to sing to the little girl in the front. Chloe amazes me. She started at  a young age, doing school on tour, being away from home and friends. It could not have been easy for her but I can see in her eyes, smile, and giggle her happiness. Chloe is truly beautiful inside and out!
   Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears is one of my new favorite songs. Alex, Lynn, Chloe, and Lisa's voice blend so beautifully here. This song is so full of emotion that everyone there could feel it. Lisa even gave Lynn an extra little hug with a smile. The Theater was quiet while everyone just listened, watched, and was touched by the story that was being sung. How amazing it was! After the song they leave the stage quickly to keep the atmosphere a little longer before Lisa sings the blessing.
   When the piano started to play I heard the other Jill say to Kaylie with a gasp “This is one of your favorite songs.” I smiled because it is wonderful to know that someone shares the same appreciation for Lisa that I do. That Lisa has touched our lives and brought Kaylie and I together in friendship.
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 12:40AM »

Granuail's Dance was next. Mairead is so great! I am amazed at how she can dance, run, spin, laugh, and yell without missing a beat. The night before in Salt Lake City she stumbled down and still didn't miss a beat. Tonight she had her knee wrapped and you couldn't tell she was hurt. I sat watching in amazement at Mairead, Ray, Nicky, Des, Eoghan, and Tommy(?). These guys are amazing and inspiring! They have so much fun all together it makes me want to play.Smiley
   Good Night My Angel made me cry a little. Lisa, Lynn, and Chloe did such a beautiful job! It made me think of my little ones and how much I am thankful for them and love them.
   At first I didn't know if I would like Danny Boy, because I am not a big fan of change. But I tell you what as soon as Lisa, Lynn, Alex, and Chloe started to sing it was amazing! (Of course) They are so talented and I am so thankful they share their talents with us.
   Mo Ghile Mear is also one of my favorite songs. The choir starts to sing and then we are hit with the sound of the drums. I see  Lisa, Chloe, and Alex smile as they start to dance to the beat. I don't know about everyone else but Kaylie and I were  right there dancing in our seats singing along. As I was singing Lisa smiled really big at me and it made me forget what I was singing for a second. Smiley I love watching Ray and Nick go at it. At one point Nick threw his drum sticks behind him with a huge grin on his face.Smiley  As soon as the song was over we were on our feet clapping and yelling as loud as we could. Then it was time for intermission.
   The opening number is The Call. At first I didn't recognize it and forgot about the drums. I about jumped out of my seat! That was followed by laughing then singing. Smiley
   Lynn was next with Carolina Rua. I enjoy this song on her CD and was looking forward to hearing it tonight. I know I said this before but Lynn has such a smooth, beautiful voice that is calming to me. Even with her more upbeat song. I love to listen to her. As I was listening I started to smile so big. Lynn was dancing around so much on stage and that girl can dance. Smiley I haven't noticed her so comfortable on stage before. It was great!
   You'll Be In My Heart with Alex was up. Before the show started Michael (Kaylie's bro) and I saw the person climb up to work the lights. We were talking about it is a good thing that they have the harness. Then we were talking about how that would be funny if during this song that they would, all of a sudden, go swinging down. You know like Tarzan. Of course we wouldn't want anyone to get hurt. I would be just like a surprise element to the show. So anyways this song made me chuckle. Alex did do a wonderful job with it.
   Last Rose of Summer, Lynn and Chloe did amazing. They have such beautiful voices that go so well together. Yes I know tell you something that you didn't already know. LOL!
   Last Rose Fantasia by Mairead is enjoyable! Mairead is amazing! Every time I watch her perform I am stunned. All the talent that she has. The fact that she can do so many things while playing. This song is great because it makes you sit and listen and it also makes you want to dance. It is great.
   Chloe is on next to sing Nella Fantasia. Chloe has grown so much. Her voice was beautiful before and now it is just WOW! So beautiful with so much heart put into the song and as she is smiling at the crowd. Fabulous! Smiley
   Next is At The Ceili. Woohoo! I love this song and I am smiling as I type this. It is so much fun to do and to see the interaction with all of CW.  I like how in this song they bring Brian, Des, Eoghan, and Tommy(?) into it all. Singing to them, winking, and just having so much fun. It is just so much fun! Didn't I say a few times already LOL! Smiley
   Shenandoah/The Contradiction: Ray, Mairead, and Nick looked like they were having fun. While we were clapping they nodded, stomped their feet and smiled. They whooped and we whooped. At the end of the song there was laughing from Mairead and big grins from Ray and Nick.
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 12:40AM »

Have I Told You Lately by Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, and Alex  touched me. This song expresses how I feel about someone that I miss. CW did a wonderful job with this song.
   Next is the Voice. I just have 2 words Lisa Kelly. Smiley
   Sing Out is another favorite one. We were singing, bouncing, and clapping. There were so many smiles from everyone! It was like we were all together at a party. Smiley
   O America as many of you already know is such a beautiful, touching song. I loved watching and hearing Chloe talk with Lisa standing there smiling. At the end we stood clapping expressing our love and thanks to them. I yelled “We love you.” Chloe giggled and said “We love you too.” Lisa was smiling and nodding her head. Then she started clapping to us and then all of CW was clapping to us. It was fun to look at all of the members of CW. They were all smiling at us when I looked at them. All I could do was smile and say thank you. It was a great moment.Smiley
   You Raise Me Up started and I had mixed emotions. I say mixed because it means that the night is coming to an end.  This song is a great song so well done. It brings a spirit of appreciation. This song touches me and you can see it does CW also.
    Mo Ghile Mear Reprise starts and we are standing, yelling , and clapping. About now I am noticing that my hands are hurting, red, and on fire from clapping so hard for 2 CW show in a row. But I must say it has been worth it.Smiley
   Spanish Lady is awesome! We were smiling and dancing (I know what's new Smiley).  Before the concert Kaylie and I were telling everyone about the shoulder shrug and how to do it. I had also noticed that Lisa did something a little different with it in Salt lake City the night before. So when the time came we did the shoulder shrug and I did it like Lisa did it the night before. Lisa was looking right at us and smiled and then laughed. :)At the end Chloe did her little bump to Mairead that makes her jump a little. Before that last note played we were on our feet again applauding as loudly as we could. How could we not? This was the best performance I have ever been to! As we were standing and saying thank you for awhile you could hear CW say thank you and see laughing from Chloe and Lisa. You can tell that they were blow away at the response that they were receiving. They are so down to earth and that is one of the many reasons they are so loved.
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 12:41AM »

M&G

This was my first M&G and as soon as the concert was over I got a new flood of butterflies in my stomach. We were asked to wait in the lobby for a little bit while people were leaving. As we were waiting Kaylie and I wondered if we could find out who we were going to meet. So we went up to the woman who was with CW and I asked her if by some chance she new who was going to be at the M&G. She said she didn't get a good look at the schedule but she thought that maybe Lisa would be. Then she asked us who we wanted to meet. Both Kaylie and I replied Lisa. The woman smiled and said that maybe it was going to be Lisa and maybe not. I chuckled and told that she just like to keep us in suspense. She just smile as Kaylie and I turned to go back to the group. If that woman only new all the emotions that went on inside of us during that little conversation. Smiley
   The woman then lead us back to the room single file. We entered a beautiful room that had a fireplace, a bar with stools, and the table for the 2 beautiful Celtic Woman. We stood there waiting at the end of the line. Then the same woman and Clair get everyones attention. They announce that we would be meeting Alex and Lynn, No Alex and Lisa. Kaylie and I both gasped and I put my hand over my mouth. The woman asked if that was if that was a good thing. Of course! So I am shaking my head up and down with my eyes as big as baseballs in shock that I was going to meet Lisa Kelly. I started to shake from being so excited and nervous at the same time. I turned to Kaylie and she was white as a ghost about to faint. So we had her sit down and breath making sure she didn't faint. She was also hot so we started to fan her. She was going to kill us because it was making everyone look at her. The room was quiet and the line was in a crescent shape. Where Kaylie was sitting everyone could see and well that's not what she wanted, not that I blame her any. LOL! While we are waiting Kaylie's bro was teasing her by gasping that Lisa just walked in. Poor Kaylie about had a heart attack. After Michael stopped teasing Kaylie, I was standing there anxiously, and concerned about Kaylie and in walks Lisa and Alex. My first thought is they are so beautiful and then I was thinking, Oh my heck, I am in the same room and what am I going to say! The line started to move and I kept checking on Kaylie. The closer we got to the table the slower Kaylie would go until she just stopped. I told Kaylie if she fainted now she would miss the whole thing. I don't think she thought that was funny. LOL! When we were closer to the table I heard Lisa ask Kaylie's 4 friends if they had been to a concert before. Some of them had and some hadn't. Lisa was surprised because they new all the moves. That is when one of Kaylie's friends leans over a little and points to us telling Lisa it was because of us. All I could do was stand there and smile.    The next thing I know Rachel is asking what name to write on my stuff. I then asked Rachel if she would sign my picture. She is so modest and would only sign it on the back and I tired to get her to sign the front twice. Then Lisa reached out her hand with a smile asking me how I was. All I could get out was, “Good.” Please! I was better than good, I was GREAT! And yet that was all came out. LOL! I don't know what she asked next because inside of me I was freaking out! I hadn't been thinking about what I was going to say and now was my chance. So at that moment I blurted out that I did want to tell her something. So I took a deep breath and started to fumble what I had to say. Lisa put the cap on the marker, clasp her hands together in front of her, and listened to everything I said. I told her how she has inspired me and helped me at a tough time in my life. As I continued talking, I realized that the room was silent except for my voice. I didn't notice before because I was so nervous trying to spit out my words. There were only the six of us left and I was the only one at the table talking. I then thanked Lisa from the bottom of my heart and I wished that I had the words to fully express how grateful I was. It was quiet for a moment when I pointed to my program. She hadn't signed it yet because she was really listening to me. She then asked me questions as she was signing. We also talked about Salt lake City and also about Red Rocks how beautiful it is. I told Lisa thank you again and she thanked me. Lisa is truly and beautiful person inside and out. Lisa is amazing!
She has touched so many lives by being herself. She has inspired me to be a stay at home mom with my 2 monkeys. To go and find a way to stay home with them. Things are tight but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thank you so very much Lisa! Smiley
   It was Alex's turn. (I should probably give Kaylie a chance sometime tonight to talk to Lisa.Wink) I talked to Alex about Utah and that was it. I had so much adrenaline that I forgot I could talk to Alex too. Not just the sign the picture and say thank you. I wish I had talked to her longer. As I stepped off to the side Kaylie was the only one talking to Lisa. I don't know how the conversation went but I do know that Lisa asked Kaylie to dance and she did. You go Kaylie!:) When Kaylie was done Alex and Lisa thanked us all again. As we were thanking them Lisa looked me in the eyes and said thank you. So sweet!
   As we were leaving it still didn't sink in what had just happened. I was still shaking as we piled into Kaylie's car. As we were leaving we saw Ray talking to someone by the buses. I rolled down my window and yelled that it was a GREAT show. He yelled something back smiling with a thumbs up. We smiled and drove on.
   It was an amazing night that I will remember and treasure forever. Thank you Celtic Woman for sharing your talents and your lives with us! You are all truly fabulous! Thank you! Smiley

Gambit

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 09:45AM »

Amazing review!

Thanks for the buttons, Rich!

God bless our troops!
CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 05:42PM »

Wow this is an awesome review. I absolutly love watching chloe and lisa have fun together on stage.

~ashley~
Celtic Eagle

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 07:50PM »

Outstanding Review!!!!!!!!!!!
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 09:14PM »

Thanks Gambit, CWsenior and Celtic Eagle!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 09:48PM »

Awesome Review! Thanks! Congrats on gettting to meet Alex,and especially Lisa!

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 09:50PM »

Fantastic, Jill....here's to Red Rocks, woo hoo!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 09:47PM »

Thanks Texas Celtic Girl! I was so very lucky I got to meet Lisa my first M&G and so very thankful.  Smiley

Thanks Kelli and yes here is to Red Rocks! Smiley
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 12:55AM »

You're welcome!
i bet you were.
Have a good time at Red Rocks!

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: