Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O, AMERICA! July 5 performance!!!!  (Read 22208 times)
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2009, 09:41AM »

YAY Mel!!! Very well done,polite but right to the point.Thanks.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2009, 09:42AM »

Guys, getting mad and sending a nasty email to the Today show will only have one effect: it will ensure that they don't want CW on the show ever again. Mel is correct, if you are going to send an e-mail be respectful about it. Any exposure that CW gets to a broader American audience is a GREAT opportunity for them to garner new fans and if we poison the pool by sending these shows nasty messages the only people we're going to hurt are ourselves. So please, if you are going to email the Today show, please try to keep the message civil and remember at some point to thank them for having the girls on the show at all.

aislin
JRRacing64
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2009, 10:06AM »

Guys, getting mad and sending a nasty email to the Today show will only have one effect: it will ensure that they don't want CW on the show ever again. Mel is correct, if you are going to send an e-mail be respectful about it. Any exposure that CW gets to a broader American audience is a GREAT opportunity for them to garner new fans and if we poison the pool by sending these shows nasty messages the only people we're going to hurt are ourselves. So please, if you are going to email the Today show, please try to keep the message civil and remember at some point to thank them for having the girls on the show at all.

aislin

That is very good point, aislin. As disappointing as it was to see their song get cut short, I'm glad I got to see them. We have to remember that this is not a program about CW, it's an appearance. They have to give everyone on the show air time the best they can and since it's a live show it can be hard to schedule things out equally. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot and the hot dog guy got his segment cut short or all together his fans, and I'm sure he has them wouldn't be happy ether.
rick,

« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2009, 10:17AM »

First Mel. I think you wrote an excellent letter. Your letter will be one that NBC will look at. I wish I would have waited like Bluefire is doing. I acted on impluse and I should have waited to cool down first. I cannot pull my comment about the guy eating hot dogs. It just upset me because he got more air time than the Celtic Woman. When I cool down I am going to send a new email and apologize for attacking their guest and professionalism. . We want NBC to see Celtic Woman fans as mature and respectful. A letter that gets noticed is one with respect and not bashing other guests. Again, great letter Mel!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:47AM by rick, » Logged

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club www.maireadfanclub.com
The Quiet Man

« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2009, 11:02AM »

As someone who writes letters all the time and who sometimes gets torqued before writing them, I support both Mel and Aislin here.  Writing a poison pen letter may relieve your feelings, but in the long run it isn't going to help you, in fact it may hurt the goal you seek.  NBC isn't going to read nasty letters, they already get too many of them, but if they get a ton from CW fans they are going to come away thinking, well, poorly of the CW fanbase.

If our goal is to get CW back on NBC and handled right, then we need to point out what happened, politely, and state respectfully what we are looking for.  If  NBC gets enough letters like that, they might listen, though most likely it will be in March, when all things Irish are the "in" thing.   
rick,

« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2009, 11:37AM »

I agree 100%

The Quiet Man

« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2009, 11:44AM »

if we poison the pool by sending these shows nasty messages the only people we're going to hurt are ourselves.

Actually, aislin, in the long run this could hurt the girls too, I think.  An encounter with a less-than-polite fanbase could be problematic, and I speak from experience (PM me if you want details).   
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2009, 03:22PM »

aislin

Very true, it doesn't matter how long CW is shown on a show, their exposure or peoples opinions shouldn't be changed by length. The fact that they were invited on the show at all. My sister once stayed up till late in the night to tape her favorite artists TV appearance they only show them singing half the song but she didn't mind, she was just happy to see her fav band on TV. If you've ever seen Monsters INC. jsut think of the TV commercial part  Wink

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2009, 03:30PM »

Is there a link to this show?

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
rick,

« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2009, 04:35PM »

Here is the you tube link, but it is cut off too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPRoGiOVwvA&fmt=18

sioned

celtaholic, pleidiol rwyf im gwlad,cymru

« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2009, 05:18PM »

ah thanx for posting a link Smiley

Music is the light,that shines and guides your soul.Embrace it with every fiber in your being!!!!

I'r sawl a roddaf lawer , bydd disgwyl llawer ganddynt.

thanx to scott for the banner Cheesy
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2009, 05:32PM »

I think the major emotion being felt here is disappointment - for the girls and for ourselves. This was our last chance to see them again for a while and when you care about someone or something, you want things to go perfectly. I think Mel's letter was to the point ,but nicely stated.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
howard

« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2009, 06:31PM »

I have no doubt that CW ladies & management as well as The Today show staff handled it in a professional manner after the song was finished, (more than likely they did the whole song through).  As professionals because this was not their first "rodeo" they knew that they would get some emails from fans concerning what happened, just as long as it's respectful, don't want to make enemies want to make new fans. 

It would not surprise me at all, during the course of the week or next weekend, an apology will be made on air and they will show the whole segment to the very end.

Hopefully,
Howard 

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2009, 08:49PM »

Better some then NONE! Cheesy

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
edtom

« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2009, 09:52PM »

I had the pleasure of seeing the ladies of Celtic Woman five times on TV this spring/early summer, including today, to go with two FANTASTIC live concerts, in Wilkes-Barre and Richmond.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
The one constant from all the TV appearances was that they always looked and sounded great. There was, however, a wide disparity in the quality of the show's presentations.
Definitely the best was their recent appearance on Good Morning America. Well done, ABC.
I would put their appearance on the Morning Show with Mike and Juliet as second best, but for one major error. Nice interview, good lighting, good sound, the cameramen spotlighted who was singing/playing at that time (something the NBC Today show cameramen seemed to have a problem with both times). BUT, like today, the ladies were cut off in the middle of their song, although not as jarringly as today.
Therefore, I will vote the appearance on Dancing with the Stars as second best. As has been stated elsewhere, this is a dancing show, so having to share air time with the two dancers was understandable. Another good job by ABC.
Next was the March appearance on the extended Today show (with Kathy Lee and Frank Gifford). Not bad, but it could have been  substantially better.
Last, and definitely least, was today on Today. Enough said.
Way to go NBC. One OK presentation, one lousy one. (By the way, I watch NBC news far more than ABC, although that might change.)

I love Celtic Woman
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: