Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enya....  (Read 11458 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2008, 04:35AM »

I also listened to Enya's entire Watermark album before Celtic Woman covered "Orinoco Flow"

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Sorgi

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2008, 07:11PM »

Another take on Enya, comes from an unexpected source (well unexpected to me).

Vitamin Records is a Label that puts out tribute works to a large number of artists, one of the things they do is release these tributes via string quartet recording.  Now it doesn't always work( hence my surprise), but it seems like they managed to pull it off for Enya. 

All of these are found under the "Vitamin String Quartet" (not one group, but referring to whatever string quartet they happened to pull together).  They also did a CW tribute (among many other groups and bands), wasn't too wild about that particular quartet. 

Been previewing some on Itunes...some good and some...well I'll let you decide.

-Dan

celticfan1973
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 03:56PM »

I'm a huge Enya fan. I've liked Enya ever since I heard Orinoco Flow when I was a little girl!
I have so many favorite Enya songs, but my favorite is "Afer Ventus" from the Shepherd Moons album. AMAZING song. So gorgeous.

I'm with you there Emily, I love that song, and it's also my favorite. I have alot of other celtic music I listen to also. Check out www.lifescapesmusic.com 
                                                                               Michael Grin
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:01PM by Celtic~Fan~73 » Logged
lapluie

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 01:59AM »

I'm a big Enya fan myself, 'Amarantine' is my fav tune  Smiley

PerryWest
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 06:04PM »

I think her music is pretty cool. She has her own style, but the songs still take me back to a different world with Celts, rolling hills, and Castles. Cool
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 12:44PM »

Just after I posted that I only had two of her albums, I was going through some of my father's collection (That he never really listens to anyway Roll Eyes) of CDs.......he had Watermark AND Shepherd Moons!  So now I've got some new tunes. Wink

One of my particular faves is Lothlorien. Grin

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Irishdreamer
Honorary Roadie

Voice of an Angel

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2008, 01:32PM »

My favorite Enya CD is A day without Rain and it's my favorite song on the CD. Grin

Thank you M.K.C for the avvie and banner
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2008, 01:37PM »

Just after I posted that I only had two of her albums, I was going through some of my father's collection (That he never really listens to anyway Roll Eyes) of CDs.......he had Watermark AND Shepherd Moons!  So now I've got some new tunes. Wink

One of my particular faves is Lothlorien. Grin

Loooooovveeee Lothlorien. It's very...mystical. I dunno how else to describe it. I love it.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2008, 01:40PM »

One of the best parts about it is that it really does remind me of the Elves in Tolkein's books.  I'm not even sure why it does....but it's a very fitting title.

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: