Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Christmas Celebration  (Read 13929 times)
fireyred09
« on: April 06, 2007, 11:40AM »

So, I knew about the Christmas Album, I just never bothered to listen to it. Geez Louise! That was stupid move on my part! Anyway, I was listening to the previews of the songs, and almost all of them are of mostly Meav. Is that how the CD is, or are the parts equally distributed as in the original album and ANJ?

Another problem I'm having is figuring out who is singing when it's more than one lady at a time. I have no problem with the solos, but their voices blend so harmoniously that I can't tell who it is when they're together! Help??
vanni9283

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 12:54PM »

I don't have the "Chrismas Celebration" CD, but from listening to the samples online, I would say that my 2 favorite tracks on the CD are "Ding Dong Merrily on High" (#3) and "Christmas Pipes" (#6).  Now I'm not 100% sure who's singing on each of these tracks, but my guess would be that it sounds like Chloe, Lisa, and Meav are performing "Ding Dong", while Lisa and Meav are doing "Christmas Pipes".  But regardless of who's performing, the CD certainly has that extrodinary Celtic sound that CW is most certainly famous for.
Kelsey

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 05:57PM »

I have the CW Christmas CD, and I'm still listening to it in April!  Smiley  Anyway, I would say that the tracks seem to be quite evenly distributed.  I'm not sure why the previews have only Meav.  "O Holy Night" is a beautiful song on the CD.  When the ladies sing "Fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices" I get chills.  The sheer power and beauty of their voices amazes me.  I also love "Christmas Pipes".  I've never heard this song before, but when CW sings it, it is gorgeous. 

Kelsey

fireyred09
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 07:36PM »

Kelsey,

Oh yeah! That line of the song has the same effect on me! As does the final ringing "Noel."

Gotta love our ladies!
John910

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 09:21PM »

My favorites are "Ding, Dong, Merrily on High" (especially the fiddle part) and "Christmas Pipes".

The only other version of "Ding, Dong, Merrily on High" that I liked was Roger Whitaker's, but this one replaces it.

Alanna

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 12:14AM »

My favorites, besides "Ding Dong," and "Christmas Pipes" are The Christmas Song by Lisa and Don Oiche Ud I Mbeithil by Chloe and Meav.

By the way, the CD lists Ding Dong and Christmas Pipes as being sung by all four of the girls.

<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 04:04PM »

i love the christmas album!! i especially love listening to it when its not christmas!! it give you so much spirit and makes me so happy!! Smiley

<3
mainopsman

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 10:10AM »

I have the "Christmas CD".   I realized  when I first listened to it, with the lovely voices of the ladies, I would have Christmas year around.   I do listen to it at least once a week, it does brighten up the day.   As to who is singing what, as you said the solos are great and easy to pick out, but the groups a little more difficult, again because they blend so well.

One thing you can be sure of I will be giving copies to family for Christmas, they are just too good not to share.  Can you think of a nicer personal gift.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Picardy

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 04:19PM »

I just saw the "Oh Holy Night" video from Slane Castle on YouTube. Can someone tell me where that came from? More important, are there more CW videos like that floating around out there that are not on the DVD's?

For the life of me I don't know why they didn't include that on the DVD.  At least having that on there as an extra would have been nice.

fireyred09
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 04:46PM »

I actually kind of enjoy the fact that "O Holy Night" wasn't included in the ANJ DVD. While I adore the DVD, I got a very pleasent surprise a few days ago when I woke up, checked the forum, and found the link to the video! It was an absolutely wonderful start to my day, and it was nice to see something new from the girls!
Picardy

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 09:19AM »

I just want a high quality copy of that. YouTube doesn't do it justice.
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 05:34PM »

there is another place where you can watch it the link was posted in the Questions section I believe.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Mierna

OH YEAH!

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 04:34PM »

Okay-sies!

~O Holy Night (All)
~Away in a Manger (Orla)
~Ding Dong Merrily on High (All)
~White Christmas (Chloe, Lisa, Meav)
~Silent Night (Meav)
~Christmas Pipes (All)
~Christmas Song (Lisa)
~Carol of the Bells (Mairead)
~Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (All)
~Panis Angelicus (Chloe)
~Don Oíche Úd I mBeithil (All, but Chloe and Meav sing the verses)
~O Come, All Ye Faithful (All)
~Little Drummer Boy (Chloe and Orla)
~Wexford Carol (Meav)
~Let it Snow! (All)

This wonderful banner was made by Siobhan!
Flaming Fiddle Films

Have camera, will travel

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 11:45PM »

"O Holy Night" is a beautiful song on the CD.  When the ladies sing "Fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices" I get chills. 

It had the same effect on me.

And I have to agree with everyone in that Christmas Pipes is one of my favorites.

"We're always happy. Life's for livin, yeah that's our philosophy."
Flaming Fiddle Films

Have camera, will travel

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 11:47PM »

I just saw the "Oh Holy Night" video from Slane Castle on YouTube.
For the life of me I don't know why they didn't include that on the DVD. 

Ditto.

"We're always happy. Life's for livin, yeah that's our philosophy."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: